Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Is ita mistake that when renaming the folder there is already a folder of the same name?

If you have an old folder of the same name around, simply rename it to something else. It's important that the folder you currently want to play with has the right name.

I think it would be a good idea if no-European civs could get the trading company, but got a 50% penalty,

Also why can't Silk Route by in a coastal city?

I would suggest a new corporation called Indian Ocean trade instead. Might make Malacca quite valuable then, as it historically was.

Also why can't Silk Route by in a coastal city?

Because they don't need it; Indonesia and India already have really large cities. The Silk Road was supposed to represent the small cities in Central Asia and the Middle East.

I would suggest a new corporation called Indian Ocean trade instead. Might make Malacca quite valuable then, as it historically was.

Sounds good, also a fur company would be good, suggested areas would be the Hudson Bay and Siberia.

If there's any plans of making new corporations, I'd like to see them represent the spread of modern industry and possibly finance rather than add even more "trade" corporations, personally.

enjoying the new religions/corporations also best version of rome on any RFC i've played. about to start again wit India or england haven't witnessed a conquer event yet. might be unpleasant but what about the slave trade as a corp. production/gold increase, can't b ignored it happened it should be simulated 1 way or another way maybe slave markets from slave resource shipping slave units (similar to old workers add to city/worker/rush building) from Africa to the new world / Arabia, similar thing could be done for penal colonists when slavery abolished, both played major role esp slave trade in developing the new world colonies rapidly, if u are still planning Brazil/Canada/Mexico to add to USA will give Europeans a way to get some use out of america b4 the flip

svn transfer got stuck at 54.45mb and is now not downloading anymore(transfer tare=0). What can I do?

Check your internet connection :D Seriously though, assembla.com doesn't have the largest bandwidth, so it's possible that you have to wait a little. Canceling the checkout and continuing it immediately after ("update") seems to help sometimes as well.

I would support a Fur Trade corporation, if AI France and England actually colonized Canada more often. If that was made possible, I would be 100% behind a Fur Trade corporation, requiring fur and giving wealth.

I would support a Fur Trade corporation, if AI France and England actually colonized Canada more often. If that was made possible, I would be 100% behind a Fur Trade corporation, requiring fur and giving wealth.

Of course the Russians were heavily into fur also which was part of the reason for forts through Alaska into California.

Of course the Russians were heavily into fur also which was part of the reason for forts through Alaska into California.

Well, yes, but if only Russia will benefit from this most of the time, I don't see why we would bother including it.

Maybe an easier way to represent it would just be to make fur more valuable. No one really has access to furs until Russia/France/England come along anyways. Maybe the Vikings do, actually, but that's not a bad thing.

I've been noticing the Indians founding Phnom Pehn a lot. Are they meant to be colonizing into Cambodia? I wonder if it isn't a result of the new indys being spawned in India, leaves the Indians with more settlers than they reasonably know what to do with. Perhaps a look or two had ought to be given to what the Indians build now that their cities are founded for them :)

It happens all the time! Even in regular RFC....

Well, yes, but if only Russia will benefit from this most of the time, I don't see why we would bother including it.

Maybe an easier way to represent it would just be to make fur more valuable. No one really has access to furs until Russia/France/England come along anyways. Maybe the Vikings do, actually, but that's not a bad thing.

Actually the fur trade was a major part of the colonization of Siberia. In North America the French, the British and the Dutch were vying for control of the trade

Actually the fur trade was a major part of the colonization of Siberia. In North America the French, the British and the Dutch were vying for control of the trade

No, no, I know. All I'm saying is that the colonial Europeans don't usually get much fur (usually I see one or two cities with access to fur outside of Europe itself and Siberia), and that this could also be represented by making fur itself more valuable.

I typically see 3-4 fur access cities in North America or more. the benefits could be 1:food:, 2:gold: per fur which wont be over powered because there are only like 16 furs in the entire game (I've surpassed 16:food:32:gold: with silk road before)

I've been noticing the Indians founding Phnom Pehn a lot. Are they meant to be colonizing into Cambodia? I wonder if it isn't a result of the new indys being spawned in India, leaves the Indians with more settlers than they reasonably know what to do with. Perhaps a look or two had ought to be given to what the Indians build now that their cities are founded for them :)
No they aren't, and I think their settler values should be reduced there. I've also tried my best to discourage the Indian AI to build settlers, but it just keeps spamming them.

I typically see 3-4 fur access cities in North America or more. the benefits could be 1:food:, 2:gold: per fur which wont be over powered because there are only like 16 furs in the entire game (I've surpassed 16:food:32:gold: with silk road before)

Alright, alright, fine. I give in. You guys are probably right. But there shouldn't be a food bonus... none of the Fur Trading forts were ever very big. Should the Fur Trading Company be time-appropriate, this would result in bigger Canadian cities in the colonial era than the modern era. Instead, just give it 2 or 3 :gold: per fur.

Top Bottom