Cursed Lands - How to...

Oh that's right. Aren't haunted lands (lore-wise) area where the RE's influence is so great that the landscape becomes animate? Things like rocks and dead branches and whatnot.

I do like the idea of a lasting effect from a great battle, but maybe HL are the wrong thing for it.

!Brainstorm! How about an early, upgradeable Sheaim hero adept that creates a necrototem where he dies? The necrototem is a cool idea that is never used (except I think in one or two scenarios, which are broken in the mod^3s)

If the Sidar gain a mist improvement (see tesbs' improved civs in Wildmana or Valk's promise of things to come with the next version of RifE), perhaps units that die in Sidar territory could have a chance of creating mist in the tile, representing Arawn's vault leaking into Erebus. (Arawn's vault is described in the lore as a formless, endless mist where souls slowly forget themselves).

Maybe the mist can be created in any territory, but will disappear over time anywhere but Sidar lands?
[/offtopic]

Maybe massive battle could just have a chance to create cementary on the tile where it happens?

But I'm affraid that counting number of units that die in every battle could slow game a bit

Maybe massive battle could just have a chance to create cementary on the tile where it happens?

But I'm affraid that counting number of units that die in every battle could slow game a bit
You could get around the counter by just making it a % chance instead.

Personally, I don't like the graveyard idea. There is a huge difference between an orderly graveyard with headstones, etc. and someplace like the Dead Marshes in Tolkien. A battleground is about as far from a cemetery as you can get.

You could get around the counter by just making it a % chance instead.

Personally, I don't like the graveyard idea. There is a huge difference between an orderly graveyard with headstones, etc. and someplace like the Dead Marshes in Tolkien. A battleground is about as far from a cemetery as you can get.

You're right with graveyard. So we need new tile improvemet - battleplace :)

% chance isn't so good.
100 small skirmishes with one casaulty would have the same chance to create our special effect (for example {"battleplace") that one battle with 100 casualties. It does not seem right. The chances should rise exponentially

% chance isn't so good.
100 small skirmishes with one casaulty would have the same chance to create our special effect (for example {"battleplace") that one battle with 100 casualties. It does not seem right. The chances should rise exponentially
That actually sounds quite realistic. Presumably if some place had 100 battles happening on it the local people would erect some sort of memorial and probably bury the dead of any later battles there.

I think what Jareema was saying is that with a % chance, its possible to create a battleground (or whatever) out in the hinterlands when your scout gets eaten by a gorilla. Tile-based counters would be a nightmare to code (well, easy to code, but it would consume RAM like hotcakes).

Top Bottom