Custom Map - "Raging Barbarians" option not working

MPK

prince
Raging Barbarians have just gone from my map. :sad: ,,, Things were ok till I checked 'Debug Mode'. I selected debug because I thought I would be able to change map terrain while building my scenario/playing, but it seems that this option is missing, :confused:,

When I clicked out of debug mode and started my map up again there were no more raging Barbarians. I have started a "New Game", started a "Quick Game", even done this with different civilizations. But still my lands are Barbarian free:sad:,,,

Any ideas,,,? ,,, :)

I recently read somewhere around here that barb settings for scenarios are messed up and follow what you last had set for an epic game. So start a new basic epic game, set the barbs the way you want, quit and then try your scenario again.

I haven't tried this; I just stumbled across it recently (while reading a succession game I think) and probably didn't absorb all the details. I think in their case they were trying to play without barbs, and the barbs were showing up when they were turned off in the scenario.

Edit: Oh, there is a similar topic a bit further down the page:

I did it with the editor, I tried running the game twice, both times barbarians appeared despite the setting in the editor for no barbarians.

I then did a normal game (no scenario, just new game) to see what would happen if I chose no barbarians. There were no barbarians in this game.

I went back and tried the custom game again. This time, barbarians correctly did not appear.

I would guess your problem has the same root cause and similar workaround.

Top Bottom