CvnnNES: As Many as the Stars

Current Map:

I will have an updated climate map up within a day or so. I will do labeled maps as soon as I have a chance, but they're a lower priority than stats at the moment. New rules and stats will be up by next weekend. Orders will be due some time near the end of January TBD. If you want to join, please PM me.

Labels:

Climate:

Looks good; with so many players its a very rich (and complicated) world. I agree wiht Erez87 that a map with labels would make things much easier to understand (but for now maybe rest after that monumental first update?).

I look forward to more. Will you be providing an example orders template?

So after this update, can some of us who've not started yet still get a spot somewhere?

Now that the labeled map is posted, please claim one nation of your culture to play. (Some of you may want to wait for stats, which is understandable, but you can start now.)

Birdjaguar claims Waipio

I'll assume Eorith.

Edit: A little information:

Bailaesuir {:baa:il:ay:sewhr:}

The name applied to the tribes living in the recesses of the Eorithian mountains, along the Sarigue river system. Amongst themselves, the name is often shortened to the simple suir, which can be taken to mean 'tribe', or 'people' when used on a higher level. Their proper name, Bailaesuir, is derived from the religious nature of the suir and comes to mean 'Tribes of the gods'. Most of their everyday life revolves around their complex religion, a polytheistic pantheon of over sixty gods. As a token of pride, most suir identify by one or a few gods, often calling themselves a variant based upon that gods name; Suiriselue would be a man dedicated to the god of Justice, Riselue. Every suir carries a small wooden totem carved in the image of their god; received in a ceremony titled Breantor; an Oath Giving. Pledging to live their life in honor of their patron, the ceremony is highly sacred and to even attempt to go back on it would often be a death sentence.

The social structure of the suir, as mentioned, is highly complex and often results in strife between the various tribes. The first thing that must be understood is that the suir concept of a tribe is based upon religious factors, not ethnic or descent. Instead, your place is determined during the Breantor, during which a child pledges to a specific god, usually (but not always) the god of their parents. Should the child pledge to an outside god, then they effectively switch tribes and are placed under the command of a tribal elder. The second thing to know is that suir cities are constructed in a very strict pattern: the inner part of the city is dominated by temples and the homes of the tribal elders, usually radiating outside from the city center in a circular fashion. The homes of the city's dominant tribe usually surrounds this area, and in turn is surrounded by lesser tribes. As tribes regularly compete and exchange places, there tends to be a lot of movement in terms of location. Third to know is that while most look down upon the practice, many suir pledge to more than one god; in effect allowing them much more social opportunities.

helheim

Unless Meise is particularly weak, I'll be them. If they are, then I'll have to take good look at the stats. Both Melaca and Aicronus seem to be interesting second options.:)

Does the map have a scale? Miles per pixel, perhaps?

After those who were involved for update 0 have picked their respective nations, i'll grab one :D

Top Bottom