CvnnNES: As Many as the Stars

Hadraaki, is it? i'll take that 'un. no diplomacy until stats because i'm a wuss.

I have three preferences. Meise, Taipu or Melaca

I'd like to claim the Na'Jaan Federation, which I'm assuming is being counted as a single nation. If not, I'll pick a city-state instead. Immediate war sounds exciting, though, and I very, very much look forward to this!

I'd like to claim the Na'Jaan Federation, which I'm assuming is being counted as a single nation. If not, I'll pick a city-state instead. Immediate war sounds exciting, though, and I very, very much look forward to this!

Yes, it's a single nation, although you might have some (a lot of?) trouble holding it together once the war ends.

Menanish, I'm going to have to give Erez a special pass on this one since I started his nation in the midst of a civil war. If he's fine with you playing the Uzari or Zonku factions, I'm fine with it, but you'll need his confirmation.

Oh wow, someone wants to play my culture!

I have to have an explanation!

I'm fine with Menanish getting first choice in the civil war as long as he get's my culture... A culture of artistic, knowledge loving, warlike, back stabbers...

So I assume you want Uzari. Fine by me. I'l take Zonku and may the best Uzenkai triumphs! Maybe even both! If we don't back stab each other too quickly :p

Showing extreme interest so put me down for something random, preferably small, and I will play it Cuiv.

I'm really hoping you will still allow civilizations to be created, atleast for 1 more turn. However if not I'll wait for stats to claim a nation.

I'm really hoping you will still allow civilizations to be created, atleast for 1 more turn. However if not I'll wait for stats to claim a nation.
I still think a second starting point for civilization should begin. It can even be "American" like allowing for less advanced cultures, or a "china" one allowing for a better to unite (nicer climate?) beginning.

Actually a second cradle would be a welcome addition, however I think such a cradle would create for you, a much larger amount of work. Thus keeping in mind your RL obligations perhaps if you do decide to have this second cradle (which I do think should be china-esk) perhaps it is best to severly limit the size of it. To perhaps 5 civilizations.

IMHO, you should start slightly off map (possibly in a group) and then join the main cradle in a turn or two. A second cradle is a large workload, and it also takes from new players joining the original one and making trouble as they sometimes can. We need some turnover!:)

Yes, you will be allowed to create new cultures as usual. I feel like this was obvious from my commentary, but perhaps not. Just treat it like a normal NES from now on.

And, no, there will not be a "second cradle". There may or may not be other civilizations out there, but they will be NPC for now.

Yes, you will be allowed to create new cultures as usual. I feel like this was obvious from my commentary, but perhaps not. Just treat it like a normal NES from now on.

And, no, there will not be a "second cradle". There may or may not be other civilizations out there, but they will be NPC for now.

I point up so you may see my request.

Culture Name: Ik
Aggression:3
Expansion:1
Cohesion: 4
Agriculture: 4
Sophistication: 3
Spoiler :

Nation Names:
Ik
Ikno
Dem
Gorin
Sot
Hal
Fu
Ta-ik
Temp

City Names:
Ik-sen
Ik-Hol
Ik-Hara
Bit
Sonu
Ta-ik
Fra-ik
Ikstru

Landmark Names:
Stepi
Ik-ra
Gor-ik
Sha-ik
Ikla
Si
Hala
Shada

Descrition
Perhaps the best way to describe the Ik is to say that they are a stoic people. Focused strictly on the task at hand, which in this case would be survival. Their language reflects this value of the simple with its own quiet simplicity. Many words are short and syntax and such are shortened to match, leaving most conversations between any Ik mere moments. Thus a disproportionate amount of emphasis of communication is placed on body language, giving the language of the Ik, known as Sap, a oddly complex dance of words and small gestures, some what like sign language.

Like their language, their customs are equally brisk and quick paced, for it is nearly a crime to waste time. Honoring one’s ancestors every day is done with a few moments of ceremonies prayer after which all is well. Indeed it seems every facet of Ik life is designed to use the least amount of time for the maximum effort. Perhaps a cause for this is their heavy reliance on agriculture for survival. Crops need to be plowed on time, delivered on time, put in their right place, with the right amount that was asked for and the correct type. Hinging on this simplicity is a government that strives to be equally as efficient and quick to decisions. Thus bloomed a strict hierarchical system of command akin to the military. Despite this fact wiggle room is given. Like most people in existence, simply because they are prone to one course of action does not mean they always seek to take it. Hence the major structures of government are divided as such.

The Ikro (Akin to King) rules as the centralized ruler of all of Ik, commands the military, and diplomatic relations. Below him is the First Court, which pass laws and regulate taxes. The court is made up of individuals appointed by the Ikro to pass said laws, however once appointed they cannot be removed (unless off course they commit a crime). Despite this “check” on the Ikro, much of the power in Ik lays in the hands of the Ikro, Considering that much of the law, order, and labor, comes from the military.

The Ik military tradition itself is a reasonably strong one. Generals wield a decent amount of power but no more than their due, hence why there is not much need to expand. The Ik like simplicity, expansion means complex workings with foreigners which is, for the most part, an annoyance. Never the less, the Ik have been slowly expanding their borders as their population grows larger and larger. New cities spring up as old cities grow fat and bloated with people, resembling an enthralling display of cell splitting like behavior.

The crowning glory of the Ik people however, are their roads, upon which they pride themselves on immensely. Interconnectedness is a key component in Ik society and as always, roads makes trade better, governing easier and life, simpler.

my spot is marked in green.

If your still accepting new cultures...

Culture Name: Poink
Aggression: 5
Expansion: 1
Cohesion: 4
Agriculture: 1
Sophistication: 1
Nation Names: Poink, horsehockya, Fikon, Satmit, Weasid
City Names: Poink, horsehockya, Fikon, Satmit, Wasid
Landmark Names: Poink River, Canopy of Gilbit, Statkil Pool, Smitdart Creek, Yuopkil Pool

(Area is Light Green)

To: Luca

We see that your kingdom is fierce and strong. Our High Seers have spoken against a war between us. This is what we propose. The Bronze Desert between us shall be a boundary; we shall not trespass on your river, and you shall not trespass on ours.

Furthermore, we offer you a gift of seventy camels and slaves bearing grapevines, to show our peaceful intent.

stats?

Top Bottom