Dannebrog - Kingdom of Denmark

Looks great! I'll just have to finish my huge, epic game as France and then I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Goosey: Sry I don't know why it doesn't work :(

Thomas: Just click on the "mod" tab ingame and then "online" or something like that. There you'll find all uploaded mods.

General: Just hotfixed a bug, which gave the longboat a wrong graphic, now it uses the barb galley model, which is nearly perfect apart from the sail.

Yeah, did that, couldn't find it (even searched denmark)

edit: it was there that time, got it, thanks... (playing now)

Just checked it, currently it's the latest mod, first under most recent. Denmark search worked as well, don't know why you can't find it.

Maybe it was explained, but I must have missed it. Why do the Danes get +75% influence with city states? Is it because there are so many city-states that have ties with the danes (norway, sweden)?

I was a bit dissappointed that their UA isn't viking related, like x4 gold from pillaging. That would be cool, fast moving vikings from longboats that pillaged your countryside and just left :)

I also agree that the trait is not the best idea.
It seems a bit boring and it's overpowered imho. Basically City states are overpowered anyways imho, everything improving them basically just adds to that exponentially.

Hmm... wierd bug: when units are garrisoned, they're icon dissapears

I have this problem too... Have noticed it with a few mods here and there. But I disabled all mods but this one and started out a new game... And yes, any unit I garrison has it's icon disappear, and I cannot select it to bring it out again, making it extremely hard to produce military units from garrisoned cities, which, when I garrisoned all my cities during a war, crippled me.

Other than that issue, I REALLY like this mod, as an avid Viking civ player.

Hey, sure take it, it's for free ;)

I don't know when I'll be able to finish the mod, university is currently taking a lot of my time, maybe at the weekend!

I think the UA for the Danish should be the "Sound Toll" (Sundtolden) which should provide some kind of trade bonus.
For leaders I would much prefer to see someone a bit later than Knud the Store (Canute) as he seem more affiliated with Viking or Norse civilizations (in mods and in earlier civ games). Perhaps Valdemar I den Store (Valdemar I the Great), his son Valdemar Sejr (Valdemar II the Conqueror) or maybe one of the many Chistians.
I also vastly disagree with using Berserker as the UU, as again, this is more of a Viking/Norse thing (as opposed to Danish)

Some suggestions for UU/UB:

UB Torv, replaces Market.
UB Domkirke, replaces Temple
UU Jutish Dragoon, replaces Cavalry
UU Royal Life Guard, replaces Musketman

I agree with flashog, your excellency.

Knud den Store and Berserkers are too vikings for danes. I really liked UB Torv + UU Jutish Dragoon... it will be a merchant realm.

as a leaderhead... it would be nice to take Queen Margaret I... "queen consort of Norway and Sweden, omnipotent ruler of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and founder of the Kalmar Union.", the one who plotted all the plan to make the Kalmar Union possible and let the Danes to be in one of their golden ages.

it would be really different than a viking oriented civ. I always hoped that someone just plotted a nordic civ not-warmonger.

remember that in the 800-1000 ad, the barbarians where the english, german, french and so on... and the civilized ones where the romans (the easter empire still ruled), the arabs AND the vikings. the biggest city of Europe was Jorvik, and all the viking great cities (uppsala, kijef, novgorod and so on) where important mercantile centers, that traded with Constantinopla (Miklagard, oh Miklagard), Bagdad and even China!!!

as a leaderhead... it would be nice to take Queen Margaret I... "queen consort of Norway and Sweden, omnipotent ruler of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and founder of the Kalmar Union.", the one who plotted all the plan to make the Kalmar Union possible and let the Danes to be in one of their golden ages.

I agree she's a good choice, I was going to mention her as well, but I guess I forgot :)

I agree with both of you, especially because there are a lot of viking related civs in the work. My new goal is to catch the "Denmark atmosphere" after the viking age (the Dannebrog stuff :D), Margaret sounds like a good idea and my new Wacom tablet should arrive today.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Margareta1.jpg

Concerning the UUs/UBs, it will be more difficult with this more modern Denmark style now, probably I'll stick with 1 unit and 1 building. Actually in modern age Denmark was well known for its navy, do you know a special danish ship or something like that?

And flashbog, I like the market/torv thingy but I could't find anything about it online, what's the characteristic feature of a torv? ;)

I think the UA for the Danish should be the "Sound Toll" (Sundtolden) which should provide some kind of trade bonus.
For leaders I would much prefer to see someone a bit later than Knud the Store (Canute) as he seem more affiliated with Viking or Norse civilizations (in mods and in earlier civ games). Perhaps Valdemar I den Store (Valdemar I the Great), his son Valdemar Sejr (Valdemar II the Conqueror) or maybe one of the many Chistians.
I also vastly disagree with using Berserker as the UU, as again, this is more of a Viking/Norse thing (as opposed to Danish)

Some suggestions for UU/UB:

UB Torv, replaces Market.
UB Domkirke, replaces Temple
UU Jutish Dragoon, replaces Cavalry
UU Royal Life Guard, replaces Musketman
You say that as though being Danish has something to do with being Christian. It has not. We are Norse, us Danes, to say anything else would be to <Insert censored> on your heritage.

I do however agree that the berserker should not be a UU, nor should the longboat. I would rather see it as a UA to represent Denmark's naval superiority in its time. Allowing units to embark/disembark + attack from sea without any negative effects would be sufficient.

Personally I think a Torv is a good idea for a UB, perhaps increase the amount of income gained from trade routes. I would not use any of the renaissance units to represent Denmark, as essentially that was the time of our downfall. Either I would suggest the Jægers to replace Mech Infantry (not really accurate, but hey), or alternatively a unit to represent the era of our great conquests after the Viking Age - perhaps replacing the Longswordman.

Alternatively you could say Denmark's military has always been hideous except for its navy and go for another building - Maybe some kind of court.

Two buildings are no go, 1 ship and a building is fine. Come on, there must be someone with a clue, give me a special danish ship. :D

If I go for a named ship like the Hvide Ørn, it will look weird when the player builds 2-3 or more Hvide Ørns. On the other hand, the english solution with the ship of the line is weird too, a sotl was not only used by the English :p

I'll continue thinking about it, you may help me here though!

Well "Torv" is basically just the "old" danish name for a marketplace, but a lot of places carry the name torv. Examples: Nytorv, Gammeltorv, Kongens Nytorv.

I have some ideas to the effects of the danish UA, UB and UU if you like:

UA: Sound Toll - Befriended and allied city states provide an additional gold income bonus.
UB: Torv - 50% increased bonus by trade routes from this city.

As to the ships, Denmark did not carry any models that were unique per se. (as far as I know), but the old Danish name for a Ship of the Line was "Orlogsskib". I have no idea what should be special about it in terms of Civilization... maybe cheaper to build as a reflection of how new trees were planted every time some were chopped in order to keep the supply of wood stable on a long term basis (sorry I couldn't find any references on this).

Could make the ship slightly cheaper and increase its ranged strength I think. I mean even when we lost Slesvig-Holsten we dominated the sea against the Germans.

Top Bottom