Dark Continent (Africa) Scenario

there was an episode of Dark Matter that had a soviet scientist who was trying to cross humans with apes, but was appearently never successful. But what if his son did....
Dr. Moreau ;)

also, what about Alan Quatermain, from King Solomon's Mines as a explorer/guide/hero?
There will definitely be him, or someone very like him. I enjoy roman à clef stories - the names may end up reflecting that.

In Soviet Russia, Humans and apes cross you!

How will you represent the influences of all the meddlesome imperial powers (Spain, Portugal, England, France, Arabs and Turks from the East, etc.)?

As always, I'm definitely up for testing. :)

Nice Blue, you have excited an old man today ;)

Might also be worth considering the implementation of microzones as Civinator has done on SOE. It fits well with what is largely a pangea type map. With microzones set up the "lesser" powers can better compete with the "greater" powers on a local level e.g. Landships can't be built in the middle of the Congo but will be able to produce some useful flavour unit instead.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11287696&postcount=2

Sign me up for beta testing :thumbsup:
Considering all the projects I'm juggling - not to mention the inevitable moderation brushfires - we may see your Steampunk Earth scenario first. :lol:

Actually it's nice to be able to trade off this, the map work for Asoka & some pixel work for an unnamed project. Whatever I'm in the mood for there's something to do. Away from the computer I'm putting some thought into units for a distinctly Victoriental campaign. Could come in handy for the Kali Yuga in the Bharata Varsha mod as well.

Might also be worth considering the implementation of microzones as Civinator has done on SOE. It fits well with what is largely a pangea type map. With microzones set up the "lesser" powers can better compete with the "greater" powers on a local level e.g.
Read the relevant section in that post. Sounds like it will be very helpful. Having to camp by the resource to build the part is essential. wiould probably also help contain some of the units - like fauna - that should stay regional.

That's good to know. Only thing I thought would stop you from being able to use it was your plans for LM terrain cause you need to place LM tiles to cut off the roads. I saw your earlier posting about LM terrain and think your ideas could be implemented just as well via Bonus resources.

LM terrain won't be nearly as big a deal in this scenario as in Hollow Earth or Sceptre & Orbs. In this case the microzones can be probably be done with only a couple of terrains. There's always the tundra & tundra forest slots as well. ;)

You're not excited about our impending demise as a football team?

So when those Mayans were predicting the end of the world in 2012 they were really seeing the end of Rangers FC :lol: Or is this just the beginning of the end of everything :eek:

The Mayans play in blue in CivIII.

That's enough OT for a thread that could really use some on topic discussion.

@ King Arthur: I've got a few ideas of unit lines for Libertalia & The Europeans/Americans. Do you have any suggestions for "special" units - especially for the Africans? In addition to historical or fictional personalities I'm thinking of anything you might have seen posted here at CFC. Same goes for unusual resources, LHs, etc. Maybe something you've noted for the Steampunk Earth scenario?

For the Africans the obvious answer is something related to King Solomon's Mines as well as Shaka's spear-armed Zulus defeating the British Army.

Had already thought to have a "nature" faction including roaming game animals and carnivores. Posts by Zubareva & Civinator prompted the syncretic idea of another effective way use animal units. Some can be immobile - in their lair. Combining microzone terrain with hidden predators (invisible default animation) will make effective bottlenecks. Other lairs can also be "cities" to autoproduce more roamers. If they're limited to size one they'll mostly be "burned" rather than captured. Size one cities are going to look like base camps anyway, so capturing won't matter much.

For added effect, the animal lairs could have be abandoned base camps, thus even when captured it's just a previous human settlement being reclaimed from nature as opposed to a bunch of soldiers garrisoning a snake pit or somesuch :D

Top Bottom