Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something I noticed as well in DoC compared to RFC. I'm just not sure why, and I'm currently hesitant to interfere with the stability system too much because I don't completely understand its interdependencies.

That notwithstanding, Italy should get more then -11 expansion rating from owning that much foreign land.

I'll slightly nerf Italy's economy then.

Okay, got Italy fixed (download Assets/Python/Victory.py from the SVN if you want to apply the change now).

I also reduced their research by ~10%, and slightly increased inflation rate and city and civic upkeep.

Leoreth, don't worry about the expansion stability judging from my game. I played a few more turns and quickly became unstable; I guess it was the short term boost from the Occupation civic that kept the Expansion rating moderate. There is no way one can keep this area for more than ~25 turns without a huge economic stability or golden ages.

And yes, Germany collapsed, they were at war with France and Russia all the time, conquered Scandinavia (they love to do that), plus my culture was just too much for them.

Okay, then everything's fine with Italy's stability I guess.

No, it doesn't. The same blank page. It seems to be loading something, but I have been waiting for hour or even more and nothing happened.

Do you have a 32 or 64 bit system?

You can now download the installer from the main site of my SVN link.

I probably should :D

hey Leoreth, Monte cassino is in southern italy not southwestern germany

I don't get what you want to say. Could you elaborate?

Could you remove the war with the Vikings at the Dutch spawn? I have never heard of Swedish or Danish invasion of the Netherlands in 1500.

It may be a lack of Dynamic names in that tile. Its like when Germany founds Essen near where Italy founds Durazzo.
But Monte Cassino isn't on Italy's standard city list as well ...

Could you remove the war with the Vikings at the Dutch spawn? I have never heard of Swedish or Danish invasion of the Netherlands in 1500.
You're right, is removed.

The rework of the first post is complete. I even had to be economical with the 30,000 words limit, but it now includes a list of known bugs, plans for future features and a list of missing flavor aspects (and the request to help me finding/writing them). I also tried to cover most often asked questions in this thread. Please check it out :)

Lacking music eh? I have some ideas for a few: All new leaders lack their own music (Cixi, Akbar, Elishat, Jimmu, Meiji, Haile, Abu Bakr, Gustav Adolph, Franco, Charles, Yaroslav, Afonso, Maria, Atatürk)

Cixi- Perhaps the actual anthem of Qing Dynasty China would work. There aren't many good quality versions out there, but here's the basic tune I found on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH4Vg_GdhMU
Akbar- That's the Mughal guy, right? If so, you can lift his music from Sword of Islam. I'm sure Embryodead wouldnt mind.
Abu Bakr- No idea.
Elishat- You may have to stick with the Hannibal music for her.
Meiji- The Japanese anthem from that time period?
Haile- I'm pretty sure that's the Ethiopian guy who got overthrown in the 70s, if you can find that anthem, I'm sure it'd work.
Gustav Adolph- RFC: Europe has a nice Swedish march you can borrow for his music. Carolus Magnus Rex or something like that.
Franco- Again, anthem stuff.
Charles- No idea.
Yaroslav- Some old Russian song?
Alfonso- Don't know who he is.
Maria- If you can find an instrumental version of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Hino_da_Carta, Perhaps that would work.
Ataturk- Whatever anthem he used for the Republic of Turkey?

Lots of anthem use in there, but it makes sense. I mean, they are a nation's theme song, for all intents and purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom