Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

What's the deal with heavy vs light cavalry at the moment? There doesn't seem to be much to distinguish them and heavy cavalry is just stronger overall, with little reason to go for light cavalry by the looks of it.

For one, heavy cavalry is much easier countered using spear units.

Light cavalry gets bonus in open terrain, and heavy gets a malus in cities to name some differences where light is preferable. They both have their purposes, and heavy is not always better.

A simple proposal I have is that barbarian cities that last a certain number of turns flip over to Independents.

Topic: free independence-armies for AI

I don't know how the system exactly works on how many units a resureccted civ gets when declaring independence, but it seems a bit excessive to me.

In my actual Japan UHV game (on Monarch) Indonesia got 15 Rifleman plus 6 Artillery plus 4 Pikemen plus 4 Cuirassier in Jakarta (2 pop). They got 5 Rifleman in another 2-4 pop-city on the Philipinnes.

So 30+ Units out of a pop of 6.

Riflemen and Artillery were better units then any SE Asian civ had - on par with Japan (me) and US/UK.

Attachments

• Screenshot (156).png
    Screenshot (156).png
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
Not the worst thing ever, i once almost lost the UHV because the Dutch got reborn and for some god forsaken reason they triggered the Indonesian invasion AGAIN.

*Accept Resurrection*
*Withdraw from Afghanistan*
You could be making this about multiple different countries in the last century or so... Afghanistan civ when?

I've noticed in a Marathon China game at least 3 times of battles with a 99.90% chance of victory still being defeats - eg, a Combat 3 Drill 2 Firelancer dying to an Independent Chariot. Considering that's a ~1 in a million event, does anyone know if there's some Civ 4 code that scripts guaranteed defeats? Like Baldur's Gate 3's Karmic dice?

How does the game determine where religion spawns? It seems like it never choose your capital if it has other options. I also want to spawn Islam in Jerusalem, is it even possible if I have other cities in Islam core area and Jerusalem is already a holy city for both judaism and orthodoxy?

Probably not.

And if we talk about religion, maybe it's possible to add Guangzhou to Islam's map?

And if we talk about religion, maybe it's possible to add Guangzhou to Islam's map?
Thing is, i dont think Islam needs change on its historical map. Islam is the type of religion that can be spread anywhere, like Buddhism and Christianity.

Top Bottom