Dealing with Attila on deity

I think settling on the sheep was worse. Can't hide units behind the city to shoot that way, and I'd have lost a bunch of good tiles.

I definitely think the best thing to do would have been to just spam units and engage him in the open so I could pick off his battering rams.

Oh and for guy asking for the save. Sorry I don't have it. But this isn't a petra game lol. All the hills near the capital were plains, mostly, and you had one other good city spot next to the capital, and one super garbage one on top near boudhicca, to get a natural wonder. The 4th city could only be where I settled it, on that side of the mountain.
I started in the desert trapped between attila, the sea and the celts.

Not bribing him was just an experiment to see how hard it'd be to defend myself lol. I could have just given him a luxury again so he'd go bother someone else. That feels like cheating though haha he's so stupid.

I wouldn't say he is stupid but just likes to fight and it doesn't matter who. Since you settled right next to one of his cities war with him was coming no matter what. Also I wouldn't say it is cheating to get him to fight someone else it has been done throughout human history so why not in civ 5.

Attila and Shaka are great allies. Shaka is the more loyal of the two. Attila is loyal enough if you befriend him, and he's great for disposing of unwanted cities that you capture in your warmongering; sell them to Attila for a pittance (or just give them to him) and he'll burn them down every time.

Top Bottom