DEF-SAT for the year 1752 AD

Which is the best plan of military action at this point?

• Fight the Aztecs and French only, return to Demo, then take down the Chinese and Indians for victory

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Fight the Aztecs and French only, declare war on Indians only after the Aztecs are defeated, and the

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Fight a war on all 3 (or even 4) fronts at once to victory

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I want a spaceship instead!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, let's _________

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

RedBull

So I says to Mabel...
Department of Defense Strategic Action Thread, 1752 AD

It's come to our obvious attention that the MoDA finds it absolutely necessary to start a war with the Indians, while at the same time we are scrambling to find the resources and staging areas for war not only with the French, but also the Aztecs.

This happens to be the first issue that the Department of Defense and Ministry of Domestic Affairs come to a significant disagreement on.

It would make the most sense to the DoD that we begin open war with the French and Aztecs at this point, while keeping only a watchful eye on Indian expansion. It would make little sense to try and open full scale war on three fronts with only a given treasury to work with, and many many underdeveloped cities.

It would also make the most sense to the DoD that we divide the remaining civilzations into pairs, with the French and Aztecs crumbling at once, followed by a return to Democracy for a boost in funds, followed by a rush to modern weapons (howitzers, bombers, etc), only then followed by all out, "send em all" annihilation of the Chinese and Indians.

An alternative to this idea is that we conduct operations againstthe French and Aztecs, and then proceed to bring the war to the Indians only after the Aztecs are eliminated. This would seem to tempt us into finishing out the game with one all-out world war, as it would turn out, as all 6 civilizations would be eliminated in one felt swoop.

Either of these plans would work on all levels for the DoD, but the main idea here is that we keep war on no more than two fronts at once. It would be much like a stepping stone plan to world domination.

In short,
the Department of Defense strongly advises, due to funding issues, against opening any war on three fronts.

However, it makes the most sense to open a poll to all citizens, as to which general plan of action would suit our situation best.

I agree with the DoD. They are no direct threat towards us, and if they get Gunpowder it won't matter much because we'll meet them with armors and howitzers. It would also be easier if we improved the infrastrucutre in Jayneland first, maybe we should also transfer some African engineers back to Jayneland now that they have railroad..

I'm new and so not clear on your plans. Ignore me if you wish - I may not have time to comment much more anyway.

While Lahore is an insult, it does not threaten Duke's Creek. We could finish the Trinity Alpine by moving the Corn serf to Forest, then send that Alpine up to the Lahore Mountains. The Mozzarella Engr could SE Road the grassland shield...

I'm nervous about avoiding Democracy. Doesn't that mean the AI can bribe our units? What is the stability in that? We're already at war with the French, loaded with gold to IPRB (Ulundi $72, Blenheim $56) and RB Markets and Aquaducts, and could Celebrate while redeploying for the next war.

I voted for "No, let's...".

The reason is that the the MoDA wants Lahore razed but a full scale war against the Indians is not necessary, this is the only 'must do' objective.

Also the MoDA wants to capture Tlaxcala ASAP since it interferes with its railroad plans. While at it we could also send a ship to capture Tenochtitlan but we should return to democracy roughly 5 turns from now.

What we do with the French is not a big issue to the MoDA at the moment since to our knowledge they have no cities in our territory. We should take the opportunity and capture the undefended city of Tours though.

So in summary a war with limited objectives against the Aztecs and Indians is what the MoDA wants, followed by a return to democracy roughly 5 turns from now. Capturing a few additional Aztec cities would be a nice bonus since the Aztecs and French are allied and eliminating one of these two civs would be nice.

But it's because they're allied that we should take down the French and Aztecs at the same time, right? It's also good to note we're already at war with the French, and haven't made any hostile contact with the Indians to this point (since I've been here, anyway.)

We probably should explore the deserts north of hell (how about calling it Gobi?). We could send out a dip and the NON-cav from Barbaria to see if they find any of the French cities.

I'm the other guy that voted "No, let's ..." because I agree with TheViking. We do not appear to be in position to attack anything but Tlaxcala. And that is a tricky diplomatic issue. On the other hand, we can gain much by Celebrations - it is not necessary to have everything ready before they start. Just use a bit more Lux%. We have 5 Vans and only 6 in production. More Vans could be used for gold and beakers, or a wonder. We have much need for Roads and Wine Mines, RR etc from the recent wars, seems to me.

Another idea is to skip the Aztecs at the moment, take Lahore, and concentrate on the French.

I assume the main reason we want Tlax is that we want a connection between Woodstock and Africa. If we instead take some of the engineers in Africa over to Jayneland, and make rail from FJ to Morph/Lahore first priority, the need for Tlax isn't that big?

This way we can (except for Lahore) concentrate all our units on finding and capturing/destroying French cities. Remember that they have three hidden cities that we need to find.

In case the French activate their alliance, we could either be passive about it, or take Tlax with African troops and leave it at that for the moment.

After the French are gone (or at least practically) we could return to Demo and celebrate and advance. The cavs could be returned to Woodstock where we could use them against the probably pretty undeveloped Aztecs, and build a new army of armors to use against Indians and Chinese.

This way we don't have to ask the Aztecs to declare war, and we can use our full force against the French.:)

EDIT:
If we decide on this, we probably should move Bapedi one square west, so that Africa is connected to Jayneland (and also Coresux) with ferry-trips shorter than a turn. The city is badly placed anyway and also already have a population of 1. By selling the barracks, rehoming the engineer, switching to engineer and RB it, we could do this easily.

I think we should capture Tlaxcala, regardless of what we do about the French. It is pretty isolated from the other Aztec cities, geographically it really belongs to us and it should be very easy to capture.

I really do not care much at the moment what we do about the French but capturing Tenochtitlan within 5 turns should be easy and it also has the pyramids.

Regardless of what we do about the Aztecs moving Bapedi one square west is an excellent idea. I will post a poll on this, canal cities and a Hell-Barbaria railroad.

The idea about going at France full-bore seems good to me...I simply include the Aztecs because 1) they are allied with the French, and so they may, emphasis on may, pose a small issue in our plans against France, and 2) with just 5 cities, they're practically begging to be assimilated.

Looking closer at the situation, it seems best to eliminate the French entirely, and take only Tlaxcala (for now.) While in Democracy, we can sneak a short little railroad up to Tlatelolco and at a time of our choosing, jump on 'em from Tlaxcala and then use the existing infrastructure within the Aztec territory to finish them off.

With the idea of taking only Tlaxcala, it would then be reasonable to take Lahore. Full scale war with the Aztecs and French at once would keep me from suggesting that, but seeing as how it's only one of their cities, taking only one Indian city at the same time is no big issue.

Top Bottom