Deity cookbook I: Gilgamesh from Sumeria

until 1760BC

Spoiler :

techpath was obvious really:
mining-BW (bronze in capital, no need for archery)-mysticism-meditation-priesthood(zigurats + oracle)-writing (unlocks COL)

beelined to the southern city for blockage. a barbarian city has sprung up as well, so this land should be easy to settle without AI interference.

i am one turn away from writing, one turn from the oracle. completion will enable COL or monarchy (or math or alpha) to be popped. usually i would take COL but with courthouses already enabled with priesthood, i might choose monarchy instead for quick happiness and a strong CE in the jungle.

Attachments

• tycoonist BC-1760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    141 KB · Views: 68
Until 1800 BC

Spoiler :

Techs: Min-BW-Myst-Med-Priest-Pottery-AH (in progress, 1 more turn).
That gems proved to be really great, I tried to work it every turn, even after a whipping that I did and even though I could probably have gotten the Oracle by now, had I always worked the mine which produces 4 hammers... (not sure though)

Builds in capital: IIRC worker-warrior-worker-vulture-settler (partly chopped)-vulture-Oracle (3 more turns, partly chopped). I built the second worker and settler although I hadn't grown to happy cap yet. But I thought I should take Dirks advice never to work unimproved tiles.

Eridu founded in 2000 BC.

Eridu started with a Ziggurat. Since I had sent a worker down with the settler I thought there was no need for building another one yet. And since Gilga is creative I thought a monument didn't seem to be necessary.
As I didn't have pottery yet the worker build a road to the rice which I could start to improve right after I had finished the road as I had a border pop just before.

Civs met: Pacal (Budd), Sal (Hind), Shaka (Hind); oh and Shaka is WHEOOHRN in 1800BC. I hope I am safe - shielded by Pacal...

Current units: 2 vultures, 2 warriors, 2 workers

My plans were:
1.) I wanted to have a blocking city asap as especially Pacal seemed to be quite close by (judging from when his scouts arrived close to my capital). And as you see when looking at Eridu, his borders are close by! So that was probably a matter of a few turns.
2.) The site for Eridu seems like an ideal spot, as it can block quite a bit with the close mountains and has good food resources close by.
3.) Since I needed Priest for the Ziggurat (great to have an early courthouse!), it seemed like a good idea to go down that route asap, after having the necessary improvements and defense techs in (really nice that we had copper in the BFC!)
4.) Since I got Priest, I thought I could give the Oracle a shot. Now, I am three turns away (two if I switch tiles) and could whip it.

My future plans/ideas are: I could hurry the Oracle now, I am not sure though whether that is necessary. The GW just went in 1920BC. So there aren't that many ind civs around, it seems.

Ligurian is a nice blocking city. I would like to take that one as well. However, not right now, to not get killed by the maintenance cost. So I stationed a vulture there. Just in case, Pacal gets ideas...

And here is the overview of the empire with some suggestions about possible city spots - I would be happy to hear your opinions about them.

Attachments

• CellKu - Gilgamesh, DeityBS, BC-1800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    137.7 KB · Views: 74
@Rusten
Spoiler :

I went the same tech route that you took, but it seems that early second worker and/or the settler cost me about 6-7 turns research-wise. Wow! You are lucky though that Nubian already blocks Pacal and Sal/Pacal have settled differently than in my game. So you can probably claim the clams in the south as well.
What was your initial build order in the capital? Did you chop for the Oracle? Did you whip? Especially, when did you build your second worker? Why did you opt against sending a worker down together with the settler?

@tycoonist
Spoiler :

Our games are very similar. So, I would be very interested to learn about your initial build order in the capital and when/what you chopped/whipped? When did you found Eridu?

Second Report, 1000 BC:

Spoiler :

Techs: Masonry(part), AH, Writing, Sailing (Part).

1760: Masonry -> AH. I decided to get another settler out from Uruk before starting on The Pyramids. Just as well since both my stone quarry and settler would be finished in 6 turns.

1640: I meet Saladin's archers to the west. He's the hindu founder and is in WHEOOHRN. I don't know if he's preparing to invade Pacal or fighting someone else or if he's trying to capture the barb city Libyan to the west in this shot. I don't know if AIs can use WHEOOHRN to indicate war against barbs but I've heard it being suggested before.

Another excellent city site for running scientists in representation with the fish.

1560: Meet Shaka to the south. He's jewish like Pacal and are warring with Saladin.

1520: Uruk finishes settler and start on The Pyramids.

1480: I was hoping to block more land from Pacal with my settler but he arrived 3 turns to late for that.

1440: AH -> Writing. I had time to check for horses but I need Libraries next in anticipation of utilizing The Pyramids asap. There are horses both to the north, southwest and southeast. One of them in a great location.

I had already earmarked this city as my main GP farm but I was a bit concerned about the lack of production aside from whipping before getting access to workshops. With the horses this is dramatically improved making this a truly superb city spot, I decide to move my settler there to claim it.

1400: I get a demerit from Saladin when I refuse to join his war against Shaka.

1280: Confucianism FIDL.

1240: My settler found my third city.

1160: Suleiman converts to judaism, that makes it 3 vs 1 for poor Sal-ah-din.
I put Uruk at a food deficit to get The Pyramids 1 turn earlier. 18 production at stagnation at size 6 is pretty solid this early, if this city was riverside it would be truly monstrous but we will get plenty of leverage out of it still.

1120: Pyramids finsihes I switch build from the barracks once again to get another settler since the wonder has delayed my expansion a bit and it's a race to block more land.

1040: Writing -> Sailing. To hook up all of my cities faster and to get some trade going.

1000: Hinduism spreads to the GP farm Kish, well judaism I might consider down the road but Saladin is on his own. I end the session.

Eridu will stagnate at size 5 working the resources and 2 scientists as I mentioned earlier. I probably want another settler straight away from Uruk, the worker pasturing cows to the east will chop the forest 1S to speed it along a bit, then I can probably let the capital grow and start cranking out some units to capture barb cities after getting an additional worker or two.

I will switch to slavery & representation in 2 turns so I can start to whip in Kish which needs alot of production. I want 2 WBs, a library (and a granary & lighthouse once I have Sailing and Pottery). At size 9 it can work 5 scientists and the 4 resources if I switch to Caste.

I want 3 cities here (2 are marked on the pic). The fish city looks most appetizing of them though I would hate it if Pacal cuts me off at the rice. As it is he'll either need to be befriended or warred against though so perhaps it wont matter that much.
I'm thinking of going for the fish first in any case since it's clearly the superior spot in the short term.

Libyan looks like a pretty good city with rice, banana(shared with fishspot) and spices.

The frozen south.

I think I'm looking ok thus far. Archery was a little detour instead of having Pottery already but all in all I'm looking at several food-rich cities with rep-enhanced scientists besides the 2 gems so tech should be decent, there are more spots to claim and I have copper+horses for units.

Rusten:

Spoiler :

I like your Oracle gambit. Do you go for it often? I saw you pull it off in a game with Sitting Bull that I read recently.

silverbullet:

Spoiler :

Why did you open borders with Saladin? AFAIK he will be able to trade with you but you wont get any trade from him since you don't have Sailing yet.

Attachments

• DeityBS Gliese BC-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    161.3 KB · Views: 60
I thought a bit about how to proceed from here. I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on that.

First about the subject that silverbullet raised in his post: how to develop the capital, meaning whether you lean more to farms or cottages.
Spoiler :

I think silverbullet raised an interesting point regarding a bureaucracy capital with cottages. On the other hand I remember a sample game that USun showed in the BOTM 10, IIRC. There he had only farms and mines - similar to what we could do here - and was able to run an insane scientists driven city with Caste System. That made it possible to almost blitz to lib. In any case I think at least one cottage would be could to fund the expansion.

With regard to my game I have had a few more ideas which I would be happy if you commented on.
Spoiler :

1.) I think I will take MC from the Oracle - as Rusten did. It has the highest trade value at the moment. tycoonist's idea of taking monarchy seems interesting, as well, however. Growing your capital early is a good thing. I am not sure, but I think that the AI techs monarchy often before MC and getting MC from the AI is harder than getting monarchy.

2.) I will develop Eridu as fast as possible and as soon as I can build libraries, I will switch to building a library and then run two scientists in Eridu to get a GS (and avoid a GP in the capital). I hope, though, I don't defer building the Zig too long that way.

3.) In the capital I intend to build (after getting the Oracle): settler-worker-vulture-settler, somewhen in between, prob. after the settler, when I can build libs I will switch to a lib. Maybe I start with the vulture first until the capital has grown to 6 again.

4.) While building the libs in the capital and Eridu, I will stop teching and collect the money until the two libs are online.

5.) Techwise I will go for writing next. After that I am bit undecided. Fishing, I think is important for my cities no. 3 and 4. And after that, sailing? I have to admit, teching to aest and trying to get the Part and/or (at least) the GLib later with literature is something that seems interesting as it seems there are no ind. civs around. However, without marble I am not sure if it isn't better to pursue another direction, perhaps monarchy?

Cellku:

Spoiler :

I agree with your proposed marked spots and the order for your game. The likely fish/clam/cow GP farm is the highest priority I think since you didn't go for early IW and then getting the city east of the cap to run more scientists. With the barb city you need only claim the southern food-city to have completed your blocking. That's excellent and probably means you can afford to expand a little slower than most of us which should give you some extra time to focus on infrastructure.

I think MC sounds like the best choice for its trading value, Monarchy is easy to trade for as you mention and you've already unlocked it with PH.

I'm also a little at a loss about how to develop the capital once its job as settler/worker pump has been finished. I tried cottaging a mostly non-riverside capital in my second online deity game (with Zara) and it was really a struggle to get it going although I had 2 incense tiles there.
OTOH this capital has a better food output than that city did. I might actually look actively for other venues than bur personally if feasible since I get bur in 95+ % of my games.
It's unfortunate that Pacal will claim the iron and ivory to the south of us, if we'd had them instead I might have contemplated a farm/mine capital that could both run several scientists or crank out an elephant army for a medieval invasion, SE style (with economy powered by early ziggurats).

I don't think the GL looks good on this map. We're not industrous, have no marble and most of us have used up our forests around the capital for another wonder and/or settlers. I think it depends alot on the different paths that religious spread takes in our different games. If there's hegemony we can safely adopt pacifism but if there's strife the NE will look more appealing if we want to bulb to Lib.

@Gliese: about your game
Spoiler :

Not bad getting the Mids! :goodjob:

A few ideas/questions:
Do you really want to go for Libyan? I would think that is a killer maintenance-wise.

Actually, I think your spot of Eridu is better than the city site I proposed with four resources in the BFC. Though, in my game I took into account the BFC of Ligurian.

You are lucky with Kish and getting the clams down there. I will probably have to wage a "culture fight" if I want to get it... :(

How many forests did you chop for the Pyramids? It seems quite a bit.

How many workers do you have? Only 2?

Regarding capital:
Spoiler :
Working cottages on non-riverside tiles without a financial leader takes so long to show results -- way too slow. This is another reason to pick MC over CoL from the Oracle -- there's no rush getting CS. In a game like this one can opt for nationhood or vassalage later instead -- both great civics. This map is layed out well for a war machine so bureaucracy isn't that important.

Questions asked (1800 BC):
Spoiler :

Dirk1302 said:
Remarkable that you got 2 workers and a settler out too, did you chop a lot?
Only 2 forests.

CellKu said:
What was your initial build order in the capital? Did you chop for the Oracle? Did you whip? Especially, when did you build your second worker? Why did you opt against sending a worker down together with the settler?
I did send a worker down with the settler. They had time to finish the cow before moving.

I chopped 2 forests. I didn't whip. You shouldn't whip too much without a granary without a good reason for it. On this particular map there's no urgent city spots so that a 4-5 turns earlier settler might net me something I couldn't have otherwise so I opted against it. I didn't revolt to slavery until I had the Pyramids (played a little further now (different from what I suggested earlier)) to get both in 1 go. It wasn't needed earlier. Grassland mines are great tiles (much better than cottages) so if possible I don't want to whip them away.

I grew to size 4 while getting warriors and then did a couple of turns on a worker while hooking up the bronze -> got a vulture while growing to size 5 -> finished worker -> Oracle.

I like your Oracle gambit. Do you go for it often? I saw you pull it off in a game with Sitting Bull that I read recently.
Yes. If I can make a run at the Oracle without losing too much momentum I will try. It does wonders to your tech rate and you can "go broke" without worrying about getting something to trade with in time.

Cellku:

Spoiler :

Thanks. :)
Good point about Libyan though with ziggurats + whip it's better than for most leaders. As it turned out I was never close to having to make the decision as Suleiman captured it.

I think your western city-spot is better on your map provided you capture the barb city. I took that into account as well when I looked at your screenshot, as long as you get that dye tile, your spot has a riverside grassland that my city miss which is better in that case.

Yeah it's a good thing I was wrong about Pacal having a city to claim the clam in bfc as it would have taken a long time to get it back then.

I chopped 3 forests only for pyramids, 2 in bfc and one 1 tile outside it (as seen in pic).

I quickly got 3 workers, initial build for Uruk was:
Worker, Warriorx3, Archerx2, Settler, Worker, Archer, Worker.

We need alot on this map though with all the jungle.

Rusten:

Spoiler :

A medieval war sounds interesting, what about Pacal's war elephants though? We have no ivory. Or perhaps you meant to bypass CS for a long time before hitting renaissance?

Concerning farms vs cottages on this map:

Spoiler :
jungle normally screams for huts... ...a food resource here and there and grassland all over

With this leader I would go hybrid in the beginning (some farms, some cottages), later I would swing to a full cottage economy.

Hyrid in this case means for me, running scientists in capital + 1-2 other cities to get the GS out faster and to keep research running in the dire years of early expansion

Round 1, up to 1800 BC

Spoiler :

Moved capital... ...should have read discussion before playing... ...now I now you are right and there isn´t enough food to work all the hills:lol:... ...will need some farms later for cap:crazyeye:
View attachment 195835

But at least I see stones now, yumyum

Did quite some exploring and found this crazy spot for a second city:
View attachment 195836

It´s pretty far away and we will need to get another settler out quick to seal off our peninsula (which I think it is, although there is a little corner still in the dark, but since no AI came from there...). And it is also very food-poor, so pre CS it will never grow bigger then 5, but it will map us with phants and marble, def. making it worth it. Besides, it has a pretty high production and we can make a shot for Zeus, boosting our power a bit.

You can also see the borders of a barbcity at the cost, above the lakes which I plan to conquer and keep. Have I already mentioned, that vultures rule?

I have researched quite a bit, using 2 warriors and later 2 warriors and 2 vultures... ...one warrior did, doing a good job so far, may he rest in peace:cry:
View attachment 195837

I cant remember the last game I managed to research so much, but vultures simply rule, killing everything moving...

Research was mining, bronze, workertechs, writing and now beeline to Aest with the goal of building Zeus and GLib. The Panth also would be nice, but I simply cant see the production to get out 3 early wonders:(

If it should be possible to seal/settle all this land, it might even be possible to do a no war spacerace... ...hm

Plan from here:
Dump research completely to expand far and fast, after Aest is in. With the barb city I can even stay in the neg. at 0% research for a while, scientists will then take over and bring me to Literature and Priesthood, to chop/whip some ziggs and the GLib... ...at least that´s the plan

Rusten:

Spoiler :

A medieval war sounds interesting, what about Pacal's war elephants though? We have no ivory. Or perhaps you meant to bypass CS for a long time before hitting renaissance?

Spoiler :
Not talking about a pre-renaissance war here. I think it's possible as Pacal is not a unit spammer, but it's probably even more effective later on as he has elephants + some other stuff in my game. I've set up my cities to have 1 possible cottage city while the others have a lot of hills and later on CS (and maybe SP) workshops. We've got cheap theatres/colosseums so heavy drafting (culture slider) is possible. Riflemen should walk over everything Pacal's got -- protective means drafted riflemen will be able to pick a counter-promo too.

Round 2: up to 1000 BC:

Spoiler :

Starting the round, I see this just when I´m about to fourn city 2 and panik...
View attachment 195839

...I retreat the settler from the marble & phants spot to race towards the costal cows and try to beat Pacal in settling there, next settler due in 5 at that turn.

But Pacal acts even dumber then usual, runs with his settler into the jungle and then retreats back home with it:crazyeye::king:... ...so it wasn´t even worth the fuss and I have lost 5 turns on settling city number 2, but better save then sorry. With the next settler already aproaching, I settle the costal cow-city first, because my first settler is already hanging around there (will work the cows and a mine, build library, then run 2 scientists and only work the cow)

I eventually finished scouting my land, looking very good now:
View attachment 195840

I´m pretty confident now to get all these nice cities settled, the next settler will be ready around 900 BC to prevent the light green guy (arabs) to squeese a city on my peninsual (their culture is already creepin in at the lower right corner). Research is at 50% now but I´m pretty confident to be able to dump it to around 0% with another city far, far away from the capital:goodjob:

I also found another barb-city I plan to keep. Since some AIs already show interest in this city, I have moved a vulture over (2 more will join soon), to prevent the AI stealing it from me:
View attachment 195841

my overal plan still holds, getting Zeus in the phants/marble city after researching aest, then crawl somehow towards Lit and Priest, getting GLib in capital and Ziggs in my farawaycities to recover research

Army: 3 vultures (nr. 4 is in production), 3 warriors for my cities. Plans are to get 6-7 vultures out fast, to capture these 2 barbcities. I not only need the cities, I need the cash even more;)

Gliese:
Spoiler :

I opened borders with Saladin because he requested it. I thought there would be some diplomatic penalty to refusing (or maybe a positive for accepting? I don't remember).
I didn't see any harm with it at this state.

silverbullet:

Spoiler :

There's no immediate diplomatic effects that I know of (but Dan turns my knowledge upside down regularly).
You do get the + diplo for open borders sooner though even as you give him some free commerce from trade routes.

Snaaty:

Spoiler :

That's a bold opening and best of all, very greedy! :goodjob:
Looking forward to your game, I hope you don't lose the food-city on the southeastern peninsula because of this.

Hi :hatsoff:,

I played until 1800BC,
Spoiler :
I started with 2 workers and BW.
The workers proceeded to farm the corn, mine the gems and mine the copper (Uruk is more and more awesome)... then make some farms (fastest groth to size 6) and some mines.

I then produced a warrior (happy police), 2 vultures, a settler, working on another vulture.

The plan is to make the mids in Uruk after two more workers...
Tech path after BW was: Masonry, Pottery, Writing, working on IW (to improve rice and gems)... I thought about Aesthetics but went IW first as I wanted the second gems asap and the sites in the south of Uruk looks so nice...

The cool thing is that Saladin and Pacal founded Hinduism and Judaism respectively and are already at war... i have also met Suleiman and have OB with him (as he ahs no religion)

Some pics:

Explored land:

My settler is standing where the sign is, roads are in place.

Techs:

Diplo:

Uruk:

How bad am I doing guys? :D

edit: played to 975 BC:
Spoiler :
We are still alive :lol: ... and got the mids in 1160 BC... We launched a settler after that in the cap to block Pacal with a site grabbing banana, rice, and dyes... the settler is due in 2 turns. Will switch to rep +slavery +Jewish after he is done...
The plan is then to grab the awesome barb city in the south east...

Tech wise, we went aesthetics after IW to enable some trades :)please:).
The plan is then to aim for priesthood (zigs), COL (caste), Drama (culture slider), CS ...

Shaka (met shortly after 1800 BC) dogpiled on Saladin... I have open borders with everyone but Saladin.

More screenies:

General view:

Diplo:

Techs:

No one has alpha yet...

Uruk:

Eridu:

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Raskolnikov BC-1800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    140.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Raskolnikov BC-0975.CivBeyondSwordSave
    162.3 KB · Views: 70
Until 1800 BC,

Spoiler :

Warrior scouts roughly in a circle. Start with a worker and mining, seems obvious.

3760 Mining ->BW

3640 Hinduism founded
3480 Buddism founded

3400 first worker ready, i put a second on queue since there's nothing useful to build except workers/settlers atm. i'll grow to 2 when the corn is irrigated. Finish the worker when i'm at size 2 working corn and gems.

3160 BW -> Pottery

I find copper in capital which is great, it saddles me with a problem though. I was planning to finish the second worker since i'd work exactly 2 improved resources. Since i want to work the copper asap though i need to grow to 3 now. Ultimately decide to finish the second worker, then grow to 3 since otherwise i'll be at 3 while the copper isn't finished.

From there on i develop normally putting some emphasis on chopping/roading to the south. I've found a choke point near Pacal where i'll plan to settle asap.

I've met Pacal and Sulei, they're obviously south/southwest from the choke.Pacal's a nice guy, Sulei's not so bad either, we'll have to get him pleased though, he's dangerous when cautious.

2840 Pottery -> writing

2800 Judaism founded by Pacal who converts

2440 writing -> AH, a small mistake, there's no way i can get a library up this early so i should have researched AH a prerequisite for writing before writing.

Somewhere around here i meet Sal he's in the southeast.

2040 Found Eridu at the choke. We'll have lots of land this game and it's not going to be easy to settle it all and keep maintenance in check.

2000 AH -> mysticism, we'll want to put up Ziggurats don't we.

1960 Judaism spreads to me. I'm waiting for Sulei to convert. Sal is the hinduism founder, as far as i can see he can't reach me easily so np there.

1800 There 's unsettled phant near , have to see how it looks over there. It's not totally clear as of yet how the SE looks like, i can see Sal's border there, it seems like he's on the other side of a channel, not totally sure, the mountain ridge,ll block him at least.

A barb city has gone up west of NNW of Eridu. I need to keep an eye on this city, it'll complete the block. Good that we have vultures. I'm building my fourth atm, almost enough already to take the city. There's some land north of the capital, a vulture is checking it out.

Overview:

Note the vulture proudly showing it's 3 woodsman promo's

I have 3 Vultures, a warrior and 2 workers atm. I'm building a library in Eridu,
i'll put on scientists here asap leaving the capital free to do other things. It's beginning to become clear to me that Gilg is a very good leader.

Attachments

• Dirk1302-Gilgamesh-1800BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    158.5 KB · Views: 57
To 1AD

Spoiler :

Still alive. Slow start, managed to build the Mids. Warrior got killed very early, dogpiled by a panther and lion. Very slow to explore.

Settled one extra city 1N of rice to block. Deity Ai are incredilbly quick at settling, Suilmen has 9 cities to my 2. :lol:

I take a barb city SE, it is in a blocked bit of land fish/clam/horse/cow. Four cities in total. Room to settle another 4.

Techwise it is embrassing. Nothing to trade. Am in a dogpile war with Salidin. needs to be ended as all other have made peace.

View attachment KingMorgan1_AD.DeityChal.CivBeyondSwordSave

To 1AD:

Spoiler :
We followed the plan and sucessfully took the southern barb city after settling a city to block Pacal...
By the end of the round, we aslo captured another barb city in the far north west which grabs a rice and a couple of hills... It will make a nice Moai city.
We unlocked the HE in the process...

After Aesthetics, went for alpha as the only AI with it (Shaka) wouldn't trade it to us... We traded for maths and then backfilled some workers techs (fishing, AH) and then start on the religious path toward COL. We put some beakers in calendar to enable a trade with Suleiman (aesthetics + alpha against calendar). There are still 4 turns in COL at 1 AD (with enough funds to finish it). edit: Near the end of the round, Suleiman gifted us HBR (he probably wants to unleash us against Pacal in the near future :lol: )

A scientist is born and made an academy in Uruk (We will soon run a lot of rep powered scientists here). Another GP will grow in 10 turns.
We are building the palace in Eridu in preparation for a switch in bureaucraty (We will run a mix of mines + plains cottages here I think)

We have 5 cities + room for 3 good cities and a one meh (north of Uruk).

Some pics at 1 AD:

General view:

Techs:

Diplo:

Power graph:

Ouch! Suleiman and Pacal are becoming monsters...

Cities:

Cheers,

Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Raskolnikov AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    206 KB · Views: 56
Until 1000 BC
Spoiler :

Continue building vultures in capital, Don't need a settler right now.

1760 Mysticism -> meditation
1680 Oracle built

I have set the slider to 0% by now so the only research comes from 2 scientists in Eridu.

1520 meditation -> priesthood

Meet Shaka, he has already declared on Sal and is losing the fight.
1320 priesthood -> fishing

Pyramids built

The blocking barb city is a great calender city, 3 dyes and a banana. Maybe move capital to this spot later. It can sustain a fair amount of cottages too, Coastal's not as bad as is sometimes thought since trade routes go through the buro bonus too.

I check out the phant site, it's really great, phants/marble/horses and a plain cow. So i whip a settler, just in time. Pacal was already showing up, his settler had an axe as companion so i beat him probably with 2 turns to spare.

South of this is another barb city. I'll capture this one, if i keep it the Ziggus will really be tested. It has a grass cow, 2 ivories and some fp's. Interesting culture battles coming up if i keep it apart from the maintenance headache. It's a pretty good city, i'd hate to raze it.

1040 Sulei converts to Judaism, i do the same. We're one judaist block now with Sal the hindu.

1000 BC:

3 cities founded, i'm going to capture 2 other barb cities , i'll obviously keep the calender city, i don't want to capture it too soon though as it's completely useless pre calender. GS is halfway. I'll probably keep the 2 scientists assigned , next GS 'll be in ~ 1ad in that case and it can bulb philo.

I don't have any cottage up, i think i'll run an se trying for GL and maybe even Parthenon farming the capital. I have marble now, should be possible to have at least the NE up in capital by 1 AD, with the second GS bulbing pacifism i'll have good bulb power. If i win the lib race i can take nationalism and i'll be close to constitution. Since i'll be able to bulb pp also i'm guaranteed to stay in the tech circle.After demo we can cottage the lot. But his is far away. Would be great to have GL and Parthenon in addition but i'm not sure it's possible as research won't be quick.

Reasonably happy with the situation, i'll have to work hard to keep some research going .I hope the money from the captured cities can propel me to currency.

New lands and future lands?

Situation in the east resolved

This a great city but you need calender.

5 vultures, 2 workers now, a 6th vulture's on queue.

Attachments

• Dirk1302-Gilgamesh-1000BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    177 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom