Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

Pre-flight – Turn 210 – 1500 AD - Well I have to say that the EUI is a bit overwhelming. This may take a bit of getting used to. I may be even slower than normal, if that is even possible. :rolleyes:

Bismarck has Notre Dame (The EUI tells me that it is in Berlin). Darius has the Forbidden Palace (Persepolis). Germany also control Venice somewhere so that will be something else we will need to get when we go to war with Bismarck.

Hire some engineers to slow down growth and increase production. I also hired a few bankers for an extra 16 gpt.

We have dynamite. I think we need some upgrades to cannon. I’ll hold off for the moment. I see we have some more important upgrades like a frigate and a caravel.

IBT – Our truffles for 7 gpt deal with Darius has faded in his eyes. 6gpt? He says yes. Renew a horse deal with Ahmed. Maria denounces us. Polynesia adopts freedom. I see that Siam is making a comeback of sorts against Dido. The Kremlin and ballistics complete.

Turn 201 – 1510 AD – We are 14 unhappy due to Kamehameha’s adoption. This is not good. If this was Civ III I would hire some clowns. We get a social policy from Kremlin. I select universal healthcare which gives 1 happy per national wonder. That gets us down to 9 unhappy.

Washington: Kremlin => zoo

How do you take a screenshot with this interface?

If it matters, don't bother with changing resolution if your monitor is big (like I have to). And don't crop images, capture the entire screen so we can see everything :)

Turn 211 (con’t) – Battleships take out every unit in sight. I love those things. :thumbsup: Can’t find anything else at the moment to raise happiness.

IBT – Darius wants us to go to war with Maria. Sorry, been there, done that. Sell Ahmed some oranges for 7 gpt. Our two allies Hong Kong and Monaco are fighting each other. I have seen this a lot. There must be some kind of bug in the programming.

Turn 212 – 1510 AD – Kill the only Polynesian unit to appear and redline Tonga. I want to hold off taking the city until we have more happiness.
Porto: Bank =>factory
New York: Triplane => armory (I’ll buy a zoo there next turn).

Sell some luxuries to Bismarck for 14 gpt.

IBT – Kamehameha wants peace. No thanks.

Turn 213 – 1515 AD – Purchase a zoo in New York for 500G. We are -7 on happies.

Three more Polynesian units appear. Tonga has no hit points left. I don’t take it because that would put us in complete anarchy.

Sell the Doge truffles for 7 gpt.

New York: triplane => factory

IBT – Korea wants to be friends. I’m going to stop here and ask the team. A friendship pact lasts 30 turns. We’ll have at least 20 turns of war with Polynesia and Germany. It will be less once we get our happiness under control. We will also want to capture Venice from Bismarck once we find it. I would suggest we take the friendship for now and get some gold from him.

I take it that Sejong isn't close to launch then? You've made sure he's been hitting the Soju to slow him down? ;)

No, the only guy ahead in tech is Bismarck and it's only by 2-3 techs when I checked which was 30 turns ago :)

Accept the friendship pact. Korea adopts order.

Turn 214 – 1520 AD – It must be because of Korea’s adoption, because we are now at +7 happy. There are some aspects of this game that I will never understand.

Here is the present tactical situation:

Kill all the units we can see. Knock Tonga down to nothing and take it with the ironclad. Our happiness actually goes up to +8. :crazyeye:

Carthage: public school => zoo
Washington: zoo => artillery
Boston: Armory => great war infantry

Sell Korea truffles for 240G

Korea must also have influence over us because of its tourism. Them picking Order increased our order influence by 1 and therefore reduced the influence suffered by whatever idology was the most influenced before.
I suggest bulbing radar in 2 turns with the incoming GS, upgrade the triplanes (save gold, borrow if necessary) and as soon as they are ready to protect our ships start the war against germany by hitting hard and quick while having ships close to the career and the Fighters on interception.

IBT – Bismarck tells us that he recently demanded tribute from Hong Kong. Payback’s a buddy.

Turn 215 – 1525 AD – Take Raiatea. Now our happiness goes down to 3. We will need to start moving inland now. Upgrade a knight to a cavalry. Our carrier and its air wing are on the way. Need some artillery and some more melee units to take Honolulu.

Turn 216 – 1530 AD – We get a great scientist. Kill two invading Polynesians.

Use the GS to finish radar?

Top Bottom