Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

Looks like we will need Bactra and Zohak so that we have access to Korea.

Poor reporting on my part. The navy in the western ocean (off Washington) was gathering to go at Morocco.

I wouldn't have voted against the embargo if it cost us Order world ideology.

T290 Queue up units, annex some of our puppets (shouldn't be necessary but why not at this point).
Morocco has a lot of captured CS so starting a war would be a decent idea,
I declare on morocco after making him declare on polynesia
Poor idea stacking so many B17 and Jets in Leipzig against an ennemy that has the bomb, I relocate half of it

T291
Leipzig gets nuked we lose 1 B17 and a Jet Fighter
We capture Sardis but lose it between turns
Persepolis has too few attackers, nuking it twice seems the best shortcut

T292
We recapture Sardis
I buy a Destroyer for capturing some Morocco cities

T293
Bringing units close to Persepolis but it has heavy resistance and we have few units

T294
I nuke Persepolis a third time, capture it with Gordium and make peace with Darius while taking the cities close to Korea in the deal.
Rest of the turn is passed rebasing toward Korea.

T295
More movements, we capture Yerevan from Morocco
I coup Byblos next to Korea
I start to attack Korea, he doesn't have anything scary

T296
Nuke Busan because of a ton of units, mow through his artilleries
We also capture Fes from Morocco

T297
Nuke Seoul then bombard it then capture
Then I nuke Marrakech, proceed to bombard it and then capture
Win :king:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Washington_0297 AD-1854.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
Very nice gentlemen. [party] :band:

I learned a lot playing with you. Thank you for putting up with me.

So consentient mentioned playing again. Anyone else?

Also what should our parameters for the game be?

What the hell??? Acken, you're a buzzkill :lol:

Great game everybody, so any plans on what to hit next, I suggest a French Culture attempt with or without fighting. But no large map, I think if this was a Standard map, it would have been done in the 250 range

If it was a personal game, a French culture attempt would be a challenge. Would it be enough of a challenge for a team? I like challenges.

Eh, it may not be much of a challenge, check the France map on the DCL, I won a really easy CV and I wasn't even playing that well tbqh

So what would be one of the harder civs to win a culture victory with?

What kind of map? Obviously not a lot of trees would take away one of the civ traits. Do we want something like that?

The whole point is that Iroquois are considered by many to be one of the worst overall civs to play with, and you can read many threads on the subject, therefore every victory type is harder for them as they're not entirely geared towards anything. I don't really have a preference, I mean we can pick England/China/Mongolia and roflstomp the Pangaea in 150 turns :)

Definitely CV should be the goal on the next game. I don't agree we should choose a poor civ unless we have a good map. Think MadDjinn India.

If a random map, I think we should go with a civ that has benefits to religion : Arabia, Celts, or Ethiopia.

France are very meh, but if I'm outvoted, I'll go with the group decision.

Acken, are you up for another round?

I'm up for whatever will be challenging. I learn a lot through overcoming and solving problems.

So Celts are our choice?

I think we agree on a standard size map. What type of of map, or should we roll the dice and try random?

Yeah I like the Celts as well. I suggest preliminary strategy if the map allows would be a Liberty + Piety with Glory to God reformation perhaps

Yeah I like the Celts as well. I suggest preliminary strategy if the map allows would be a Liberty + Piety with Glory to God reformation perhaps
I have not tried a piety opening. Are you suggesting we start with liberty and then shift to piety? At what point do you shift over?

15 turns a piece is nice.

I think a Liberty + Piety start should work like this: Liberty to free Settler, then Piety to Reformation then perhaps finish Liberty with an Academy. The projected aim would be to build a high faith for cheap units to clear out the neighborhood or stack faith buildings and pick a neat Reformation

Top Bottom