Deity Level Succession Game

I'm only at turn 1, hitenter. Have to bail for tonight. Things are proving to be VERY slow. Now I remember why I don't finish my games very often... especially the one that could make the Hall of Fame :crazyeye:

You can always research Mobile Warfare and start producing an army. You can also annoy the other civilizations and provoke a conflict.

Mackerel, your trade comparison file looks interesting, but it is not immediately obvious how to use it (then again, I don't calculate bonus payments before delivering, so it might just be me). You should probably include some instructions. Using the delivery bonus to calculate a foreign city's base trade looks like it could be useful in a future game.

You're right, I didn't put instructions in and there's a lot going on.

The Trade tab has 2 parts. Top section is for the caravan we're inquiring about. Bottom section holds the location, trade, and improvements for as many cities as you care to input. The block of numbers with cryptic labels on the bottom right is how it works through the trade formula to come up with the far right number, which is the payout if you deliver to that city. The highest payout is automagically highlighted in green. It is essentially the same as the other spreadsheet linked in this thread, but arranged to show why the payout to each city works as it does, step by step. The top city line, labeled Source, is the information for the city at which the caravan originates. The other city lines include the trade formula and payout information (copy those rows to add more cities).

The Solve tab takes the same information for the source city, and everything for the destination city except base trade (which is unknown, hence the point of the tab) and the actual payout received for the caravan. It then reverses the trade formula to solve for the base trade of the destination city, which can then be added to the Trade tab to be calculated with future caravans.

The Data tab should be left alone entirely.

Now that we have Spies, we can actually look into the AI's cities and see the base trade. So we could actually load most of the data for all of the cities and check each truck.

Of course, there is a slight issue with looking at the cities with a spy and it has to do with corruption.

If the destination city's government is one of the 'lower' governments (despotism, monarchy or republic), then there is some level of corruption. How does the game actually calculate corruption. If you look at Osaka, you can see that trade is 22 and there is 2 corruption. So total trade is 24. The 3 trade routes add +6, +5 and +7. Now if total trade is 24 and 18 comes from the trade routes, then the base trade would be 6. And if you look at the squares that are being worked, you can see 6 trade icons. So where does the 2 corruption come from? Is it all from the trade routes?

In the spreadsheet, Mackerel has put the base trade as 4, (I assume 22 - 18 from the trade routes). But if you deliver the Hides van that is asleep outside the city (from ContinousFront at 121,75 with base trade of 16) the payout is 168g. The base trade for Osaka is therefore 6 (a base trade of 4 would only pay 152g). So apparently, the 2 corruption in this delivery is 'lost' from the value of the trade routes.

So, we may still need to use the 'solve' tab in some instances to figure out the 'true' base trade.

One other interesting thing is to look at Osaka. Inside the city, you can see the existing trade routes, but you cannot see any supply or demand information. If you click on Kyoto (which the spy did not investigate), you can see that it demands Silk, Gems and Hides. I believe the reason for this is that the Japanese have not discovered Trade. So the cities don't really have any trade information (since they can't produce vans/trucks).

Having an Embassy with Japan would tell you if they had "Trade" or not.

We do have an embassy with the Japanese and I can tell that they do not have Trade.

I just think it is a little interesting that we can see what the demand is for a Japanese city that we haven't investigated, but we can't see the demand in a city that we have investigated.

Osaka still has 'demand commodities' (which can be seen in the 'Trade Advisor' screen).

So if the active player is thinking about making a delivery to a Japanese city, he has to make note of what is demanded before investigating the city. If you don't make that note, it may take a few minutes to hunt through the 'Trade Advisor' to find the city.

Priorities: Keeping up the irrigation, city growth, build some wonders and keep up the rushing of superhighways. And expansion: We need more BH in our cities since Communism made our cathedrals less efficient. I do not want to have to rush Temples when a city hits size 16so: I simply do not have the cash!

1420 AD (turn 0) Decide to build wonders in Madrid, Valencia and Bilbao with (mainly) rb’d food vans. Rush a truck in Madrid for 135g. Rush a truck in Seville for 145g. Rush a truck in Valencia for 85g. Rush a truck in Barcelona for 91g. Rush a truck in Cadix for 110g. Rush a truck in Grenada for 126g. Sell captured Barracks in Caralis for 40g. Rush a temple in Malaga for 70g. Rush a truck in Saragossa for 145g. I keep typing down ‘’van’’ instead of ‘’truck’’ Pretty funny. Rush an Aqueduct in Tblisi for 154g. Rush a truck in Vigo for 131g. Rush a truck in Killdeer for 138g. Rush a truck in Leon for 108g. Rush a sewer in Ciudad Rodrigo for 224g. Rush a truck in Calatrava for 118g. Rush a truck in Cannae for 150g. Rush a sewer in Genoa for 236g. Rush an aqueduct in Cartenna for 156g. Rush a sewer in Lisbon for 226g. Rush a truck in Salamis for 118g. Rush a truck in Hamburg for 122g. Rush a truck in Ghent for 122g. Rush a truck in Pisa for 81g. Rush a eng in WhereIsMyHides. Rush a truck in CityOverlap. Rush an aqueduct in ContinuousFront. Rush a Harbour in WhatALameName. Rush a truck in NoLandWasted. Rush an aqueduct in ScenicAbuDhabi. Rush a Harbour in UselessPass. Rush an Aqueduct in New Grenada. Rush a truck in Mexico City. T5L5S0. Rush a Temple in Bergen. Rush a sewer in Madrid II. Gold down to 15. Enter...

Interturn: Miss the Russian, Jap and French moves because civ2.exe was not responding. Apart from that, nothing to mention.

1440 AD (turn 1) WLTPD NotHere, Mexico City silk, New Grenada Aqueduct, UselessPass Harbour and WLTPD, ScenicAbuDhabi Harbour, WhatALameName Harbour and WLTPD, NoLandWasted food, CItyOverlap silk, WhereIsMyHides eng, Discover Miniaturization. Computers is next. Ghent Silk, Bergen Temple, disband useless Riflemen and rush an engineer. Hamburg cloth, Lisbon Sewer, Genoa Sewer+rush marketplace to keep WLTPD going, Capua food, calatrava copper, Ciudad Rodrigo sewer, Killdeer silver, Leon food, Leptis Parva cloth, Vigo Gems, Malaga Temple, Cadix food, Saragossa food and starts the UN. Barcelona Food, Valencia food and starts Hoover for pollution control. Seville food and Elvis to keep WLTPD going, Madrid food and starts KRC. jk... It actually starts Adam Smith’s. Pop. exceeds 60mil. Tech cost 2838b. 2783b needed for next tech. Rush Temple in Toronto. Sell captured Colosseum in Rheims: was not doing anything. Not like that city will need it. Oviedo dye (d) to Paris: 672g. Paris now demands Silk, Copper and Wool. Hail Russians: Give them Industrialization to enable oil demand. Update map. Buy Sioux horsemen for 47g: Was blocking railway. Add 3 roads in Melborne radius (+11 arrows) and deliver gold to San Fran (d) 1368g. San Fran still demands gold. Deliver Valladoid gold (d) to San Fran: 1088g. Tech box full. Hail Carths: Ask them tp remove troops: They do. Rehome Malaga dip to Madrid for easier ‘’zoom to city tricks’’ in the future. 2 food truck in Madrid: 12 food trucks in Valencia (Hoover built next turn: I found that to be the most pressing need) : 1 food truck in Salamanca. Rush an eng in Oviedo for 81g. Now who put 4 food vans for me in Grenada? Thanks! Rush a temple in Issus for 74g. Rush a sewer in Prague for 220g. Rush an aqueduct in Caralis for 58g. Rush an engineer in RussiansAhead. Rush a sewer in Dublin. Rush an aqueduct in Havana. Rush a sewer in Milan. Rush a truck in Valladoid. Rush a Mass Transit in Pamplona. Rush a sewer in Tours. Rush a sewer in Cartagena. Rush a sewer in Salzburg. Rush a sewer in Venice. Rush a sewer in Ghent. Rush a sewer in Melbourne. Rush a sewer in Sydney. Rush a harbour in Hesitation. Rush a harbour in Caracas. Rush a truck in Desert Outpost. Rush an aqueduct in Berlin. Rush a truck in ALousyTShirt. Rush a SH in Vigo. Enter...

Interturn: Miss the French moves because civ2.exe not responding AGAIN?!? What is wrong?

1460 AD (turn 2) Computers discovered, Mobile Warfare is next. Pollution near Santander and Bilbao. Hoover is not coming a minute too soon. Valencia builds the dam: Population almost 65mil citizens. Pollution in Santander and Bilbao is gone. Build Empty Space. Build AtYourOwnRisk. Pop hut: NONE musketeer. Tech cost 2881. Switch Saragossa from the UN to SETI. Burgos Salt (nd) to Moscow: 488g. Vigo (d) Gems to Saragossa: 868g. Hail Carths: Ask them to withdraw troops: They do. Issus Dye to Paris (d) 642g. Dye is overrated. Killdeer Silver (d, no SH) in RussiansAhead: 245g. Dissapointing. Leon Beads (nd) to Washington: 624g. Beaker box full.

Rushes: 7 Sewers, 7 trucks, 2 Harbours, 2 SH, 3 Aqueducts, 1 Temple, 2 Supermarkets, 1 Mass Transit. 35g left. Enter...

Interturn: Americans develop Warrior Code. :lol: Miss the Russian moves: Will let you guess why. Receptive Japs want to talk: War on French? No. Industrialization? No. (maybe should have said yes... but they won’t be alive for very long anyways) Ask for war on Russians: They ask for Industrialization and Metallurgy: I say no. (only did this for doing it btw)

1480 AD (turn 3) Discover Mobile Warfare (Pirates? Peuh!) Choose Nuclear Fission (Robotics was available, but we are not ready for warfare yet... and we don’t have to face walls anyway. Will gun for Nuclear Energy for the extra movement point for our ships) Pop exceeds 69mil citizens. PlannedLongAgo built. Bribe French Engineer for 392g, becomes NONE. Japanese are down to Neutral: I expect war soon. Will deliver all freight in Jap territory. Tech cost 3060. ContinuousFront hides (no SH, d) to Osaka: 252g. Wounded Knee Gems (d, no SH) to Kyoto: 312g. Salamanca Salt (nd) to Kagoshima: 315g. Unblocks Spice. Avila Spice (d, no SH) to Kagoshima: 570g. Panormus beads (nd) to Kyoto: 501g. Japs back to Enthusiastic?!? Will proceed anyway. Subvert Edo for 607x2 gold. (174) Spy vet. Disband Caravel and Chariot: Sell Barracks in captured Edo for 40g. Salamis Gold (d) to San Francisco: 1484g. Tech box full. Build SpeedItUp. Pop hut: 100g. Hail Carths: Ask for withdrawal of troops: They do. Van in Madrid. Enter...
Rushes: 5 SH, 3 Sewers, 4 trucks, 1 spy, 2 Harbours, 2 Engineers, 1 Supermarket, 2 Aqueducts.

Interturn: Nothing to be noted. civ2.exe held up this time.

1500 AD (turn 4) Discover Nuclear Fission (NOT FOR NUKING... for available uranium supply and demand) Start Nuclear Energy. Pop. exceeds 74mil citizens. Hail Carths: Ask them to withdraw troops: They do. Aragón founded. Tech cost 3105. Valladoid spice (d) to Washington: 1070g. Ghent Silk (d) to Moscow: 1368g. ALousyTShirt Oil (d) to Leon: 1797g!!!!! (for a domestic trade... wow!) Tech box obviously full. Enter...

Rushes: 8 Freight, 4 Aqueducts, 5 Sewers, 3 Temples, 1 Supermarket, 4 Engineers, 9 SH,

Interturn: Russians almost done with Eiffel Tower. Ha. Like we actually care about that. Jap units near Edo.
1510 AD (turn 5) Discover Nuclear Energy (yay!) For some randon reason it still says ‘’Spanish Wisemen’’ instead of ‘’Spanish Scientists’’ Weird. Start Robotics. Pop exceeds 79mil. WTHECK Cedar Creek empty?!? Investigating the city tells me that they apparently disbanded their Phalanx for a Musketeer. Note to the Sioux: next time, do that AFTER you build the Musketeer, not before. Not like I’m going to make our tech costs skyrocket (we’re past 1500 AD... no more respawns) Bribe Sioux Engineer for 192g. Dang, I wanted a NONE. Oh well: Build LongOverdue with just-bribed Engineer. 1 food van in Madrid. Subvert Orleans for 484x2 gold (city was in disorder) Vet spy captured, get 196g back. Get a size 11 city with 5 infrastructure and a surplus of 14! Food! (that’s a lot of engineers!) Hail French: They ask for war on Japanese: I say no. They ask for Industrialization: I say yes (the timing for war is not good) Hail Carths: Ask for withdrawal of troops: they say yes. Same thing with the Japs.

Rushes: 1 SH, 2 Temples, 1 Freight.

I have to stop here, midway in the 5th turn, because I need to study for my upcoming exams. Sorry.

Attachments

• PH_A1510.SAV
    152.6 KB · Views: 246
As acting Vice President, I will serve the remainder of President Jokemaster's term and then take 5 turns of my own. The voters have spoken!

The voters=Mathematics?

We have 3 settlers hanging around at the moment. We should use them for cities rather than keep them around, since they eat the same amount of food as engineers. You can always rush engineers to replace them. Cash should not be a concern, because we can always deliver more freight (no reason to limit ourselves to the beaker box when we have 80 odd freight running around).

I don't think there is any point in keeping cities below size 3 at this point. This game probably isn't going to last long enough for them to grow large enough to use WLTPD. On that note, I think I could conquer the world in 5 turns once I'm up to play. Anyone who would rather play this game longer and have a space race should say so.

We have 3 settlers hanging around at the moment. We should use them for cities rather than keep them around, since they eat the same amount of food as engineers.

True. However, IIRC one of them is a NONE settler... what we should do in that case?

On that note, I think I could conquer the world in 5 turns once I'm up to play.

The Russians are researching Conscription: That could be. VERY. bad. for conquest plans.

We can try to slow down Russian research by wiping out the Carths: They are, IIRC, Russia's key civ and if they dissapear it could slow Russian research a bit.

True. However, IIRC one of them is a NONE settler... what we should do in that case?

I checked and they are all supported. I'm not sure if I'd rather keep an unsupported settler or use it for a city; off the top of my head, I don't know how to rank an unsupported setter and a supported engineer.

The Russians are researching Conscription: That could be. VERY. bad. for conquest plans.

I don't actually think it would be that detrimental to invasion plans; they may slow down a few tanks more than would musketeers, but I think I could supply enough new ones that it wouldn't be a problem. Besides, It's not like all their musketeers would immediately be replaced with riflemen.

I should note that I would have to hold a revolution to accomplish a 5 turn conquest.

Or build the UN. And spies.

I checked and they are all supported.

My bad... wanted to bribe that Carth settler so it becomes NONE for 5 turns straight so it might have gone in my head the wrong way.

Besides, It's not like all their musketeers would immediately be replaced with riflemen.

I have no idea if they would replace them faster than other civs because they have the militaristic trait...

I will prepare for conquest then. I think we've proved the power of massive trade well enough.
I've finished turn 0 and formulated most of a plan for the next 5 turns. As a teaser, I've already earned and spent more gold than I've ever held before.

Samson's trade payoff calculator inspired me to create this, it's a little more data entry intensive but much more useful for planning shipments. I've seeded it with a decent amount of cities from this game, and tested it on undemanded gems from Bilbao to Tours.

View attachment 278496

I was just trying to use the 'tradecomparison.xls' you sent. I was using one of the deliveries I made in my last turn 1420AD. If I go to the solve tab and put in the information for Malaga (113,103 Base trade 52, Civ 1, Continent 20, SH) and San Francisco (100,28, Civ 0 and Continent 9). Then I add the actual payout of 1312. The solve accurately predicts the base trade of SF at 22.

But when I am on the Trade tab and I set up the source information as Malaga, It predicts the payout will only be 1050G.

I think there is a problem with the formula for columns V (DEM) and W (TRSP).

One other question regarding both the 'tradecomparison.xls' and the 'tradepayoffcalculator.xls' that was also attached to a post in this thread.

In both of these spreadsheets, if I put the Map size to large (which supposedly this Map is (being 75 X 120)), then the payouts are too small. If I put the map size to Medium, then I get the correct payouts. Does anybody know why the map size factor seems to be incorrect?

I'll have to keep working on the spreadsheet, thanks for pointing out those spots. After playing with it a bit, it seems to be very helpful but impractically tedious for large scale trade.

Next Oedo year:1540.
As 1510 ends we'll learn Robotics.
We need to learn Fundamentalism at the end of 1530, revolt and conquer the world immediately.

For one turn conquest of
America, we need 6 battleships+6 capturers, 8 tanks for philly/ny (2 transport)
battleship tshirt west>buffalo, lamename sanfran, hesitation washington, northstar atlanta, oviedo chicago, salzburg boston
14 armor (ghent,cannae,cunaxa,santander,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*)
Carthage, probably 4-6 tanks (panormus,caralis,leptis,sydney,hamburg,vigo) and 2-3 spies (@caralis,dip@naples,@melbourne) [ship from malaga best?] [ready in uselesspass]
Sioux, 1 warrior (melbourne rifleman)
France, 4-6 tanks (seville,barcelona,tours,pamplona,leon,rodrigo minor), 1 spy (in orleans) to buy lyons
Japan, 8 tanks to be safe (grenada,bilbao,valladolid,edo,issus island,dublin,speeditup,toronto), 3 spies (cartagena,uselesspass,emptyspace) (1 transport)

Russia, can it be done? 13 cities, democracy, well defended. 2 vulnerable to battleships. Incomplete roads, no rails.
8 engineers next turn (70,92 Provocation, [rail should reach odessa in 3 turns], russians building rail to riga] need road to novgorod, kiev, smolensk, yakutsk, krasnoyarsk,stpete's..
2 battleship (atyourownrisk>sevastopol, port russia>novgorod)
5-6 armor north (bergen,genoa,berlin,venice,*abu)
southern task force [3 ready, 14 shipping]
5 sverdlovsk (havana,aragon,) (transport havana)
5 minsk (issus,rodrigo,verona,nuke,desert)
8 moscow (*russiansahead,*corfu,melbourne,bear paw,malaga,calatrava,contfront,nolandwasted)
6 kiev (plannedlongago

evacuate caravans and engineers from america, break alliance
all engineers from middle continent can be moved to russia for rails

armor cost-225ish with some shields, 320 from nothing, we can afford 60-80 with 19500 in the bank.
battleship=armor+480

1510AD (turn 0) Unhappiness in New Granada, Desert Outpost ruthlessly stamped out by Elvis; in ContinuousFront, NotHere stopped by worker reassignment. Rodrigo, Cannae, Dublin red hats inconsolable without ending celebration for food concerns. Cadix, Hamburg build roads and increased trade makes celebration continue. Looks like we only have 91 cities.
Whatalamename copper to Lyons for 456. Desert Outpost beads to Lyons for 456. Rodrigo Minor gold to SanFran 432. Valencia copper SanFran 636. Caracas silver Odessa 530. Pisa silk Washington 1602. Naples salt Moscow(n) 300. Burgos oil Oviedo 803. Cartenna dye Washington 400. UselessPass spice Washington 684. Mexico City silk Washington 684. Avila coal Sevastopol 517. Turin wine Santander 450. Valencia coal Sverdlovsk 660. Hesitation copper Sverdlovsk 160, demand must have changed between the two. Leon gems Cunaxa 1152. Bear Paw copper accidentally visits Washington 170. Madrid II dye Washington 756. Toledo dye Washington 690. Cartenna silk Washington 1502. CityOverlap silk Washington 630. Cartenna coal SanFran 535. Rodrigo Minor silk Washington 444. Mexico City dye Washington 456. Calatrava copper Philly 256. Saragossa spice Washington 1412. Cordoba copper SanFran 744. NoLandWasted silk Washington 636. NoLandWasted coal SanFran 510. Killdeer silk Washington 852.
19457 gold in the bank, 59 freight active, 26 in production.
Rush to 5689g.
Unwanted cargo in America and France evacuated. Ships rearranged slightly to plan for new delivery sites next turn and more throughput per turn.

wanted in america - silk spice dye copper gold coal
unwanted in america - oil hides silver wine beads cloth

wanted in russia - silk spice dye coal beads copper wool gems (dye,copper,coal@minsk)
unwanted in russia - oil hides

enter. Americans develop Conscription. Sioux revolt. Barb crusader kills diplomat. Odessa builds Eiffel Tower, Russians change to Womens' Suffrage, Japanese abandon. EmptySpace, UselessPass, Cartagena, Salamanca spy. Issus Island celebrates. Port of Spain engineer. Robotics>Amphibious Warfare. Milan SH. Orleans sewer. Madrid builds Adam Smith. 86M citizens.

Interesting stats: we have 103 engineers, 3 settlers, 16 riflemen, 42 armor, 6 battleships, 46 transports, 8 diplomats, 10 spies, 59 freight.

1520AD (turn 1) Toronto oil Leptis 1526. Lisbon gems Leptis 612. Prague dye Washington 296. Caracas silk Washington 456. Pamplona gold Rodrigo 1044. RussiansAhead spice Salamanca 462, beaker box is full. 2 ships full of engineers arrive in Russia - Provocation founded (70,92), rail built to Minsk and Moscow. Northern rail moves toward Yakutsk. UselessGesture founded (37,71). Portable Russia founded (43,115). 12000 gold, rush 3 armor, some sewers, harbors, trucks. American alliance dissolved, engineers sent home. Enter.

Sioux change to Republic. Russians complain about troops near Krasnoyarsk, abandon Suffrage, begin Suffrage. Japanese develop Bridge Building.
Provocation builds city walls (size 1 dropoff point for massive armor squad, don't want to lose them to a freak warrior beats tank accident). LongOverdue silk truck. Ajax, Bear Paw celebrate. NotHere harbor. Lonely Island aqueduct. Many cities end celebration. WhereIsMyHides, Tblisi sewer. Amphibious Warfare>Fundamentalism. Panormus offshore platform. Valencia supermarket. Toledo marketplace. 89M citizens.

1530AD (turn 2) Probable Cause founded (111,39) to facilitate Invasion America. Invasion Point founded (3,53) to end France. Opportunity founded (98,72) to use up a supported settler. 16 more armor arrive in Provocation, more than sufficient for the task. Bribed Carth settlers for 508, become NON, they were in the way. NoLandWasted oil Hamburg 364. Burgos dye Washington 792. MadridII oil Cunaxa 775. Cadix oil Ghent 724. Rail connects to Kiev, Odessa, Riga. LameName oil Malaga 892. New Granada dye Washington 552. Capua hides Osaka 312. Beaker box full. Gold 10500, rush to 2867. SETI costs 1956, done. 911g left.

Checking the invasion force, last minute purchases are still an option. We can move 16 troops from Seville to France/Japan, 8 from Tours to the Kagoshima area (can transfer from Edo to Tours to docking bay near Kagoshima), 24 from Oviedo to America, 32 back and forth between Calatrava and Issus since each ship can go both ways, 16 from Corfu to RussiansAhead to Provocation (but only 8 next turn, more won't be needed).
France: 8 armor in Invasion Point, 1 armor+spy in Orleans to take Lyons. Confidence 100%.
Japan: 9 armor, 2 spy, 2 dip in Edo. Spy being built in Tours. Armor in Toronto. Spy in Seville. 7 armor being built on the mainland to assist. Confidence 100%.
Carthage: 6 armor, transport in UselessPass. 2 spies, transport in Mexico City. Diplomat and spy at Caralis. Can recall up to 36 armor from Russia. Confidence 100%.
America: 6 armor in Probable Cause. Not enough. 5/6 battleships close enough to contribute. Making 8 more armor for backup. 2 spies and a dip in Probable Cause to help with movement.
Russia north: Rail to Vladivostok, Sevastopol (battleship ready), Yakutsk will be ready on schedule. Rail to Smolensk can be completed with engineers on hand. 5 additional road/rail needed to reach Krasnoyarsk, that's 15 engineers for rails. 5 armor in Venice/Berlin (need more) - Added 8. Transport built in AtYourOwnRisk, will allow transfer of troops from Provocation to Sevastopol. Transport rushed in Corfu to bring in 8 engineers. Rail will get close enough to destroy Krasnoyarsk, one way or another. Confidence 98.6%.
Russia south: Battleship ready off Novgorod, road from Odessa would be nice but shouldn't be necessary. StPete separated from the railnet by 3 road sections, 1 can be railed in time. 11 engineers making rails. 32 units in Provocation, at least 1 is a transport, at least 17 armor. Minsk, Sverdlovsk, Moscow, Kiev, Odessa, Riga, 1 for Novgorod, and StPete must fall to this force, so about 4 armor per city needs to be enough. Confidence: enough.

enter. Barbarian kills engineer at Port of Spain. Guerillas near Port Russia. French demand I withdraw troops, one offending unit pulled back. Some celebrations end, some begin. Fundamentalism>Laser. 92M citizens. Why was I not given the option for revolution? Oedo year missed.

1540 (turn 3) 5103g in the coffers.
French campaign - Paris falls to 2 armor. Lyons sells for 374g. French civilization destroyed. 6 armor left over at InvasionPoint.
Japanese campaign - Rail complete to Osaka. Osaka captured by 1 armor, 1 rifleman. Path to Kyoto cleared. 2 armor capture Kyoto. Catapult defects for 164, Satsuma for 380-182. Kagoshima revolts for 270-109, Japanese civilization destroyed.
Carthage campaign - 2 armor capture Carthage. Malaca revolts for 168-65. Utica revolts for 214-83. Carthaginian civilization destroyed.
American campaign - Softened Atlanta, Boston, Washington, Buffalo, Chicago with battleships. Atlanta yields 128g, 2 tanks take Philly+83g, Washington (colossus,SoL,101g), Chicago+88g, Boston+67g, Buffalo+51g. One armor takes SanFran+53g, assisted by one more takes New York+Pyramids+34g. American civilization destroyed.
Russian campaign north - Captured Vladivostok, Yakutsk, Sevastopol, Smolensk, bad driving slows down the road to Krasnoyarsk, 6 engineers from Corfu area prepared for shipment. 6 armor on standby. Pause.
Russian campaign south - 2 armor capture Minsk+93g. Moscowteer takes out a tank! Spies report city walls, city walls destroyed. 2 more tanks take Moscow+69g, government escapes to Kiev. Next tank captures Odessa+Eiffel+3g. 2 tanks take Kiev+10g and Riga+4g. Battleship takes out Novgorod's defender, armor finishes the job +4g. Sverdlovsk resists a 2/3 strength armor, should have waited on that one, 2 more armor take it and 4g. 2 armor take StPete and 4g.
Russian campaign north revisited - 8 engineers sent from mainland, 3 more engineers needed to complete the rail to Krasnoyarsk, but road is complete. We have engineers and transport available. 8 more sent to Provocation, Founded Railway (59,81) with a supported settler, rail completed to Smolensk, north and south campaigns united, rail up to one space from Krasnoyarsk and that space is roaded. 2 armor capture Krasnoyarsk+2g. Russian civilization destroyed. At least 14 armor left idle in Provocation. A few more to the north.
Sioux "campaign" - A diplomat walks into a bar, Sioux civilization destroyed.

Closing moves - 8 engineers board ship at Caracas, found EndPoint, Wine Depot, WhalesRUs, GreenPlains. ExpandedPants founded (144,26), OverThere (5,27).

Any monkey could win in 5 turns given this amazing setup. I meant to win with style - switch into Fundamentalism on an Oedo year in an instant bloodless revolution, conquer everything but the Sioux, switch back to Democrazy with 100% luxuries and buy the diplomatic victory all in one turn. What went wrong? I wasn't given the option to revolt that I expected, and I went ahead with the attacks, so we're finishing in Anarchy. I probably should have left the Sioux alive for the sake of the final score. So why didn't it work? Also my estimation of troops required was a bit high in spots, but no harm done.

Final stats: 91 engineers, 15 riflemen, 88 armor, 8 battleship, 51 transport (mostly unnecessary as we have cities in 1-trip distance), 46 freight (49 in production, economic recovery is just around the corner), sundry others. Income 232, cost 546, 65 turn discoveries@57b/t. Score 2225, 289%.

Final save: View attachment PH_A1540.SAV
And a save before the slaughter: View attachment PH_A1530.SAV

Fin.

A very fine finish.

Any monkey could win in 5 turns given this amazing setup. I meant to win with style - switch into Fundamentalism on an Oedo year in an instant bloodless revolution, conquer everything but the Sioux, switch back to Democrazy with 100% luxuries and buy the diplomatic victory all in one turn. What went wrong? I wasn't given the option to revolt that I expected, and I went ahead with the attacks, so we're finishing in Anarchy. I probably should have left the Sioux alive for the sake of the final score. So why didn't it work? Also my estimation of troops required was a bit high in spots, but no harm done.

I think the computer doesn't give you the option to switch if your government is "better" than the one you just discovered, but I don't know if this happens all the time or not.

If someone had really wanted to win by spaceship, I was going to sabotage my turnset. In particular, I was going to deliver all our freight and give away the proceeds. I was also going to try to give away all our engineers and military units, provided that the AI would have been willing to take them (they sometimes don't want to take your military units). I was also going to tech for Nukes and then give away the techs (along with build Manhattan Project, and give aways some nukes directly).

We may have set a record for the fastest succession game finish; it only took about one and a half months. The last one took a few days short of a year.

What do we want to do next? Another Deity game? Deity with special rules/restrictions? Deity Plus 1 (or 2)?

Top Bottom