DELUXE conquest of the new world?

I'm doubtful. There are no new achievements related to an Deluxe Scenario. Maybe it is future DLC they are working on.

I never noticed that. I guess those people who wish Firaxis would go back and update the old scenarios will be pleased. Although, that's a DLC scenario, so I have no longer what is implied here.

I'm not quite sure. Really, the Inca are the odd men out here. I wonder if we're wrong about old Civs not being included. It would help deal with the Ethiopia problem in the Scramble for Africa scenario. Or it's possible that it'll just be Inca added because Spain was added last time (thus making sure you get both). They could require G&K for the scenario and handle everyone but the Inca without difficulty.

I'm not quite sure. Really, the Inca are the odd men out here. I wonder if we're wrong about old Civs not being included. It would help deal with the Ethiopia problem in the Scramble for Africa scenario. Or it's possible that it'll just be Inca added because Spain was added last time (thus making sure you get both). They could require G&K for the scenario and handle everyone but the Inca without difficulty.

The Deluxe Scenario could only be available if you own both the DLC and G&K (if Netherlands and Maya are in). Same with The Sims 3 unlocking the Magical Stone Totem if you own both Supernatural and Seasons EP.

In an ideal world there are deluxe scenarios for owners of the respective expansions and DLC.

Conquest of the New World with Portugal, the Netherlands and Mayans.
Into the Renaissance with Portugal and Venice.
Rise of the Mongols with Korea.
Scramble for Africa with Ethiopia and the Netherlands.
Wonders of the Ancient World with Babylonians and updated Assyrians.

I'm not seeing this happening, though.

Scramble for Africa with Ethiopia and the Netherlands
I would first wait and see how that scenario is being created before criticizing it, there is not that much known about it.

Also after the Napoleonic Wars the Netherlands was pretty much done playing in Africa. It would make more sense to leave them out.

Poland actually would be the one more needed for Into the Renaissance rather than Portugal or Morocco. But that scenario uses a way too large map anyways and isn't set up enough, so I doubt they'd be able to salvage it with more civs. It probably wouldn't work anyways...

That's why I think the "Conquest of the New World" is the best candidate for a 'deluxe' updated version. It's quite a simple scenario that wouldn't need much to incorporate the new civs and new features (turn off religion, espionage, ideologies, etc. ...) Trade routes might work as well somehow here. (My guess for the additional civs are the Dutch plus Maya from G&K, so only available if you got those two expansion, as well as Portugal + new native american civ from BNW, to not bloat it)

So I doubt we will see other scenarios updated, especially not the G&K's ones... (My guesses for possible scenarios would be a World War 2 or Napeolonic Wars one (i.e. battle for Europe) and a 'Cold War' or Ideology-focused one).

Morocco wouldn't make sense, but using Ahmed as the leaderhead for the Grey civ in ITR (the one win Morocco, can't recall, it's not the Ayubids, something Surk.. or something, god I'm a walking disaster please don't stone me!). Portugal would make sense but it's proximity to Spain would no doubt cause issue (but then again, so are the Celts and England). And then you have Poland.

What I'm hoping for each scenario:

Rise of the Mongols
- Korea

Conquest of the New World
- Maya
- Morocco
- Netherlands
- Portugal

Into the Renaissance
- Morocco
- Poland
- Portugal

In all fairness, the Boers will be in the Scramble for Africa scenario, which represents the Netherlands so they aren't being ignored.

What I'm hoping for each scenario:

Rise of the Mongols
- Korea

Conquest of the New World
- Maya
- Morocco
- Netherlands
- Portugal

Into the Renaissance
- Morocco
- Poland
- Portugal

Dont forget the Shoshone for Conquest of the New World :D
I dont think that Morroco should be in Conquest of The New World because i think the scenario should only be focused on North and South America and Europe

I dont think that Morroco should be in Conquest of The New World because i think the scenario should only be focused on North and South America and Europe

Yeah. I wrote that way before Venice and the Shoshone were leaked

Supposedly Ahmad al-Mansur had ambitions of creating his own New World colonies before he died, so his inclusion in the revised scenario would be a neat "what-if."

Wonders of the Ancient World with Babylonians and updated Assyrians.
I hope that they make a DLC civ pack with the Hitties and Sumerians
BTW, Sumerians are considered the 'ancestors' of the Babylonian empire so I don't think that Babylon will be added.

Supposedly Ahmad al-Mansur had ambitions of creating his own New World colonies before he died, so his inclusion in the revised scenario would be a neat "what-if."

Lots of people had ambitions for the New World :p. Just because they had ambitions doesn't mean they should be included. The Vikings got to the New World first of Europeans, the brother of Mansa Musa sailed Africa's largest fleet in history westwards in search of new lands only to never be heard again [That's how Mansa Musa inherited the throne], the Ottomans had ambitions, the Swedes "set" up a colony as well as the Russians did and neither is in the scenario either.

The Chinese are nominally in the scenario, but Chinese Archaeologists want to prove they got to the New World before the Spanish did

Ontopic:
A really interesting find! I'm curious what it is, if it's indeed a retroactive implementation of civs and I wonder if this also will happen with other scenarios (Into The Renaissance and Wonders of The Ancient World spring to mind)

It was weird playing Wonders of the Ancient World the other day, with the old city-state and unit hp systems...

I don't know if anyone remembers but in some early previews, in the list of scenarios =, Conquest of the New World Deluxe was also in the list. Did they drop that? Or am I just missing something here?

Moderator Action: Merged with an existing thread.

Apparently they did not add Conquest of the new World Deluxe. I was hoping they would. That would have been a nice addition.

Top Bottom