Diet Soda Correlated To Overeating

Zelig

Beep Boop
I never understood diet pop. If you're trying to lose weight, stop drinking pop dammit.

It's like trying to keep your marriage proper by only sleeping with midget prostitutes. THEY'RE STILL PROSTITUTES AND WILL MESS UP YOUR MARRIAGE

Diet pop tastes like crap anyway.

If I gave up all soders, I'd just switch to sweet tea :(

At least soda is still better than pee pee.

It's the artificial sweeteners, they just don't taste right, and the viscosity is all messed up because of it (real sugar is the best, high fructose corn syrup is the worst, and the few diet drinks I've had are somewhere between). Some of the new "diet" sodas don't taste as bad, but you can still tell you aren't drinking the real thing.

I'm drinking about a can a day. I like to think of myself as a functioning sodaholic. :smug:

I never understood diet pop. If you're trying to lose weight, stop drinking pop dammit.

It's like trying to keep your marriage proper by only sleeping with midget prostitutes. THEY'RE STILL PROSTITUTES AND WILL MESS UP YOUR MARRIAGE

If you want to lose weight but do not want to stop drinking fizzy drinks, the diet versions are a great option. The amount of calories is negligible and you get a similiar; although to some people unsatisfactory taste, as the real version. If you drink 500ml of coke/day simply substituting it out for the diet version will reduce your intake by roughly 200 calories.

I drink mineral water combined with those gooey fruity liquids.

I myself switched from sugary beverages to mostly water about June of last year and have since lost a little over 20lbs.

Diet was just too disgusting for me and it has worked out so far.

Anwyay, as for the topic. I would reckon diet soda is related to overweight people because overweight people want to become thinner. So they drink diet. A person whose weight remains stable (and is already healthy) drinking regular soda has no reason to consume the horrible concoction that is diet.

If you want to lose weight but do not want to stop drinking fizzy drinks, the diet versions are a great option. The amount of calories is negligible and you get a similiar; although to some people unsatisfactory taste, as the real version. If you drink 500ml of coke/day simply substituting it out for the diet version will reduce your intake by roughly 200 calories.

If you want to actually lose weight.. if you're serious about it. You are going to severely cut down your intake of pop and other junk food.

If not, you're just not that serious about it and yeah, then might as well indulge in whatever you want, even if it tastes like crap.

I don't think there's much evidence of this.

Simply replacing soda with diet soda will not automatically lose weight for everybody. At base it is a simple calorie in/out equation. If you sub diet cola in for coke and it leads to a calorie deficit than you will lose weight.

If you want to actually lose weight.. if you're serious about it. You are going to severely cut down your intake of pop and other junk food.

Totally irrelevant whether its pop or junk food.

You can eat macdonalds everyday and still lose weight.

Simply replacing soda with diet soda will not automatically lose weight for everybody. At base it is a simple calorie in/out equation. If you sub diet cola in for coke and it leads to a calorie deficit than you will lose weight.

I doubt most overweight people are able to sub diet cola in a way that results in a Calorie deficit.

Anwyay, as for the topic. I would reckon diet soda is related to overweight people because overweight people want to become thinner. So they drink diet. A person whose weight remains stable (and is already healthy) drinking regular soda has no reason to consume the horrible concoction that is diet.

Right, except overweight people who drink diet soda consume more total calories than those who don't.

I doubt most overweight people are able to sub diet cola in a way that results in a Calorie deficit.

Right, except overweight people who drink diet soda consume more total calories than those who don't.

Except you know, diet soda is unhealthy for everyone and doesn't decide to specifically attack overweight and obese people.

I switched back to regular soda and lost 15 pounds because of a reduced appetite and less prevalent sweet tooth so I'm inclined to agree with this study, diet soda is horrible for you.

Top Bottom