digital deluxe edition?

iamliberal

Prince
On Steam App store, it shows preorder Civ6 for $59.99 or the Civ6 Digital Deluxe edition for $79.99, but you can't click on either one for more details and doesn't list anything underneath. You can just click to add to cart. What does the digital deluxe edition come with?

You will also get the next 4 DLC's when they are available.
How are those DLC's normally priced? Will spending $20 up front save a lot versus waiting to buy the DLC's separately?

The details were always there, they're just kind of in a non-obvious location, especially before the Aztec information was there and the top item was the Steam Controller Bundle. It's in the "Pre-Purchase Offer" section, and you'll have to click the arrow to expand the window to read more. (And even then sometimes it decides not to load the whole thing.)

There's no concrete details listing what the DLC packs contain, or what if any kind of discount you have getting them this way. The standard price for the Civ V civ+scenario packs was $4.99; perhaps they'll be slightly higher cost but with slightly more content for VI and you'll save, like, at least $4 getting them this way? Just speculation.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition on Green Man Gaming, will I still get the Aztecs at launch?

Or is that only if you pre-order on Steam?

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition on Green Man Gaming, will I still get the Aztecs at launch?

Or is that only if you pre-order on Steam?
I preordered in get as well, got a very nice 25%discount so I got the D.E. does anyone have an idea when they will show at least 'some' of the content?
I hope the Inca are coming soon, I don't want to wait until the expansion.:(

I preordered in get as well, got a very nice 25%discount so I got the D.E. does anyone have an idea when they will show at least 'some' of the content?
No, sadly they seemed to be holding off for as long as possible to push the sales up. Personally, I find it really unlikely that the four are going to be anything other than (in no particular order)
a) Poland, (like Babylon for V)
b) Isabella (and maybe a scenario)
c) map pack
d) map pack and/or scenario(s)

I preordered the deluxe for 60 euros. I know i ll get the dlc no matter what so might as well pick that one.

I preordered the deluxe for 60 euros. I know i ll get the dlc no matter what so might as well pick that one.

I'll be getting the DLC too, if they are civs or gameplay material like new wonders, Great People or City-states, but I don't want to pay for maps or scenarios. In any case, I always wait for the 75% off sale for DLC.

No, sadly they seemed to be holding off for as long as possible to push the sales up. Personally, I find it really unlikely that the four are going to be anything other than (in no particular order)
c) map pack

I bought it because I know there's a very very good chance Ill want to play all the dlcs day one... but I don't think this is very likely.
I imagine they could easily make leader packs, perhaps adding a specific scenario where most of those leaders are historically relevant.

Imagine if they released a WW1 or 2 pack, with a scenario and a bunch of leaders related to such...

I'm just hoping the DLC is significant. Granted, I got the deluxe for a $60 on Green Man Gaming, but here is hoping the DLC this time around is major.

Now, if only it included a discounted expansion pack...

The U-Boat is already in the game, they kinda teased a certain British plane in the AI war... I'm really hoping one of the 4 packs is like full on Axis vs Allies type scenario with new leaders for all the major powers involved. (Yes I know it means making leaders with some pretty historically horrible people)

I never bought deluxe editions of past games. In the past weren't all the DLCs bundled into the expansion packs anyway?

I feel like if even one of those is a map pack, which we can be almost sure is the case, that will probably mitigate any savings that come from this vs buying later a-la-carte, with the benefit of making an informed purchase -if you're the type to ignore map packs.
Given how easily maps and map scripts are to find on the workshop, or make yourself, I can't help but feel like this Digital Deluxe proposition is pretty underwhelming and risky.

Especially if the junk they managed to pump out for the majority of X-Com 2's first four DLC packs is any indication of standard.

How are those DLC's normally priced? Will spending $20 up front save a lot versus waiting to buy the DLC's separately?
A lot? Unlikely, maybe like $5 in the end, and you may not want everything. But I would guess a la carte you are gonna be spending $20 anyways, so maybe you get a little something you wouldn't have, but Firaxis has not used these to be big saving things in the past so I wouldn't expect that here either. But for me its an easy buy.

c) map pack
that is unfortunate, I really want to know what they plan for the first wave at least.
I dont they will release just one civ, I think a double civ DLC, another civ DLC or two with scenario and leader, and the rest maps, leaders and scenarios. although im prbably optimistic,

Top Bottom