Diplomacy with the Deutsche Küche

i am on holidays now, only juming in for a minute. the post over in the diplo section was the best i have seen in a very long time. you will be fine.
t_x

don´t get too excited, i had only one minute to read over it :D
t_x

How do you like this solution to the Evolution problem:

justanick said:
How about stopping joint research as soon as at least one party is able to exceed 1000 beakers per turn without deficit spending?
I'm not too excited about that either... If you manage to get 1000bpt, while we are still doing 500bpt, it would not be in our interest to stop joined research... :ffft:
:D
I would prefer something like: we make a list of X industrial techs and assign them to both parties. Each party has to finish the techs assigned to it, then they are exchanged, and finally the ballance is evened out with gold payments. (During this phase, neither side is allowed to do any research.) One turn after the last gold payment has been made, both sides may start their research again, and the race begins.
Something like that. And the contract should also contain a reglementation for Copernicus/Newton (each side is allowed to build one) and for Theory of Evolution (e.g.: one side invests the 600 shields, the other side pays 1200g (the equivalent of 300s) and gets the two free techs for that. The 1200g must be spent for rushing 300s into some buildings, not for research.)
I think, an agreement like this must be signed soon now, before both sides start rushing for these wonders and we let the Eagles off the hook... :rolleyes:

The Eagles have offered to surrender. We have an accepted peace offer at hand that includes world map, physics and all their cities. This is with the exception of Aerie that we are expected to take by force because it cannot be transfered by convenional means of diplomacy.
We may require some time for this turn.

Well...

I think we may ask for some share...

Island's cities and Physics for free...

or simply to rebuff the offer... it happened already once in this game, afair, when the Anarchos offered their empire. when this was not accepted, it was destroyed by themselves.

i think the concept of this game does not really go together with that kind of surrender. the Eagles should do what the Anarchie did.

and i repeat what i said many many pages ago, the game of the Eagles is so bad one´s eyes are filling with tears. when they profited from bad diplo, Lanzelot was unable to see it. now that they did not even withstand an attack right after their golden age, it becomes obvious.

t_x

Yes, if the Eagles want to drop from the game, they have to disband their cities like the Anarchos did. Gifting everything to the Küche, would double their population to over 60%. Even I don't see any reason to continue the game under these conditions...

In any case, if the war is over next turn, it is even more important to settle what I wrote in post #204 above!! It is obvious: if the Küche can stop building millitary now and begins to prebuild Darwin, they will easily beat us to that wonder, using their remaining GA production. And the one who builds Darwin, will win the game in my opinion.
So should I post #204 in the Küche forum?

i think i remember i made the Darwin statement 1 month ago or 2... so yes, i would say, any time is good to bring that to the table...
t_x

Most probably war with Kuche will start now. Our Rop expire with MA?

Translation of justanick's new proposal:

0. The Knights Brotherhood and the Deutsche Küche agree to determine victory in the ISDG 7 by Spaceship Victory. Winner is the team that first completes all 10 spaceship parts.
1. The Knights Brotherhood is entitled to settle all squares inside the brown borders. (See pic over at Civforum.) All other areas can be settled by the Deutsche Küche.
2. The gains from the capitulation of the Eagles within the brown borders are handed over to the Knights Brotherhood. All other gains go to the Deutsche Küche.
3. In the Middle Age - with a temporary balance after T139 as described in post #4836383 at 454g for the Küche, the Deutsche Küche will research Astronomy(1120), Physics(54+355+296), Magnetism(1700) und Gravity(1700).
The Brotherhood will research Banking(1300) and will finish it one turn before reaching the Industrial Age.
4. In the Industrial Age the Küche will research in (very) high speed Steam(3000), Industrialization(3000), Electricity(3500), Replacable Parts(3500), Scientific Method(2500), Corporation(2500), Steel(3500), Raffination(4000) and Combustion(4000). The Brotherhood will research Medicine(2500) and Sanitation(2250).
5. The Deutsche Küche will complete the World Wonders Copernicus' Observatory and Theory of Evolution, which will be used to gain the technologies Atomic Theory(5000) and Electronics(4500). The Knights Brotherhood will build Newton's University.
6. The research cooperation will end as soon as the above mentioned technologies have been researched in the above mentioned order. The transfer of these techs will be done as soon as they are available. Different research before the end of the research cooperation is not allowed. The Brotherhood may choose between either to start their own research one turn before Combustion(4000) is finished, or to leave research during that turn at 0%. In the latter case the Küche will set their research to 0% in the following turn.
7. For the turns 140 to 148 the Brotherhood has made payments of 1297g.
9. For the turns 140 to 148 the Brotherhood exported one luxus resource more than she imported. For this the Küche will pay an amount of 126g in addition to the 1gpt.
10. After T148 all excess resources and luxuries will be connected to the trade network as soon as possible and exported for 1gpt, if the other side so desires.
11. For the excess research effort of 24675g of the Küche, the Brotherhood will pay an amount of 12337,5. For building ToE the Brotherhood will pay 2400g. As compensation for the help in the Eagles-War the Küche will pay 4999,5g. If we add all this up, there remains a saldo of 8315g in favor of the Küche. Beginning with the Industrial Age, this gold will be payed back in 32 payments of 100g in turns 156 - 187, one payment of 115g in T188 and 25 payments of 200g in turns 189 - 213.
12. Both sides will limit their espionage actions to the three "neutral" actions of establish embassy, sent spy, and spy on city.
13. Both sides will not use Privateers.
14. Both sides will retreat their units from the agreed settlement areas of the other side.
15. Both sides will send each other worldmaps in general every turn.
16. Both sides will not use the "Black hole of Calcutta". Workers and settlers will be joined to cities only if it is producing 2 units of food per citizen.

I've already stated that point 4 is not acceptable and we should share the techs in a 6-4 distribution. Otherwise the sum of 8315g in point 11 will break our neck. We should bring this down to at most 3000-4000g.

I will also ask for the sum of 2400g for ToE must be spent on rushing buildings, not for negative research.

The rest looks good to me. I'm all for going for this. I don't feel I have the time and nerves for another difficult war. A spaceship victory more or less plays itself effortlessly. A bit of calculation for the pre-builds, that's it more or less.

sounds ok, only justanick fails to recognize that maximum common output is the wrong parameter in a competition, or a preparation for a competition.

thus your suggestion of "going slower but more equal" goes down the right street, buying you time to develop the empire.

honestly, you could quite as well declare them the winners. them taking over the Eagles´ cities is just too much of an advantage in my eyes.

anyway, for another detail, you should find an agreement how to get the army home. maybe they simply accept that you get a town for 1 turn and beam it home by gifting it back to them... the shields can be used well. otherwise they agree that you can keep it there until you can get a gelleon over.

will you calculate how much money you are going to need for the negative research? everything else could be spent, if it does not go to the Küche anyway. libs are necessary for your own research, but varsities probably have to wait until very late in the IA.

t_x

honestly, you could quite as well declare them the winners. them taking over the Eagles´ cities is just too much of an advantage in my eyes.

anyway, for another detail, you should find an agreement how to get the army home. maybe they simply accept that you get a town for 1 turn and beam it home by gifting it back to them... the shields can be used well. otherwise they agree that you can keep it there until you can get a gelleon over.
Something like that. I think we have only chance to start war with Kuche in early IA era.

We may leave Army at their continent and pillage a lot and destroy their economy.

With fast ships we have good chances to capture all islands. It is unlikely, however, that we will capture their continent.

Another option is to build few Armies and pillage even more...

Against human opponents, Armies are not that effective in a war. The only way they can be effective here, is if we have some, and they don't have any (much) military, so the Armies can capture some core cities on the second turn.

But even that can be prevented, if they have enough workers: just create fortresses II around the landing site, and the Armies can't move on the second turn... And on the third turn, enough military should be there.
Could be it's possible to win by war, but I think it'll be a very tough long drawn war in any case. Do we really want to open that can of worms? Let's first try and see, how the peaceful option develops... If we can win that way, I would much prefer it. We'll find out during the next couple of turns, how "hopeless" the situation really is. 45% to 55% population doesn't mean much yet. More important is, who has the most workers when Steam is ready, and who finishes the Pyramids.

If we spend most gold for rushing workers, libs etc, while they run 100% research, we still have some chances to get into the lead. Also the rule, that we can start our own research in the turn where they do the last turn on the last tech, sounds very promising.

So I assume, at the moment it is irrelevant, what conditions I work out in the treaty?

PS: two more points that speak for a peaceful solution:
a) If we sign a treaty, I don't want to break it. Better play fair and loose than winning by a dirty treachery. And we already have second place, more than we ever expected after losing 4 towns and out Forbidden Palace...
b) They helped us in our darkest hour and we voted to never attack them.

(If they attack us, then ok. Of course we need to be prepared for that.)

justanick thinks, a space race game would be a pretty boring dead race and suggests the following options for ending the game:

1. Space race as discussed. But will be quite boring for the last 60 turns.
2. We ask somebody to modify the .sav game and increase the research cost factor dramatically.
3. Cooperation as discussed, but after the end of the cooperation, military options are again allowed. (Would this favor us because of our Armies? Don't really think Armies matter that much in MP. They are quite expensive and easily killed... Especially after railway and artillery is around.)

I added two other options:
4. We agree a Draw.
5. We play for 20K. (Are you good at 20K? I've recently looked a bit at ignas' latest HoF masterpiece and think I learned a bit about this victory condition. They have the advantage that they still have 8 turns GA, but their capital is only size 7, so probably not making more than 20s right now. We have the advantage that we have a pretty old GLib and we can build the HE.)
In 20K their big population advantage becomes irrelevant as well. So I think it offers chances?!

or just declare them winners. the discussion devaluates this game anyway, and that is, even more than it already was devaluated.

t_x

I only realize now, what justanick also said:
MMn müssten die Prioritäten sein: 1. Ersatzteile, 2. Kommunismus, 3. sanitäre Anlagen, 4. Kapitalgesellschaft.

He wants to spend 8 turns on Communism and Sanitation and probably 4-6 turns on Anarchy?? That's at least 11 lost turns... We will win this space race easily... :king:
So just insist on the agreed on plan?

We may offer a draw, and if they declined agree whatever they offer, get Cities on the island (as agreed) and start military operation at the time we want. we have some chances to damage them as we have some troops on their continent and northern part poorly defended.

20k is a big advantage at feudalism, with many high population cities.

i don´t think he wants to revolt, but the police stations. or don´t they come with communism?
and since he wants to researcht that crap on YOUR time, and for YOUR money, it won´t do you any good under this contract, even if he really wants to go down that road.
justanick is a funny player: his knowledge about the game mechanics are so great that they always stand in his way of also simply playing good.
t_x

Ok, draw. That`s already a great achievement for us...

Some time ago I really thought we would have good winning chances, but the fact that the Eagles collapsed so quickly, turns the game against us. Now I think our chances would be less than 50%. :(

we had good winning chances TWICE, the first, after the uber-start, getting torpedoed by an alliance of Lanze-and-d7/Loki-Diplo, and the 2nd by so-named Eagles who played incredibly inferior and rather like chicken than eagles.

i mean really, that the Eagles played the worst game of all teams: they had the best land to start with, everyone trusted them, they got 60% of their continent without a war. but they believed the Anarchos´ nonsense, cancelled the diplo with us (with that alliance, they for sure would have won), still did not continue their diplo with the Küch for whatever reasons, failed in their premature attack and were not able to defend their core against a comparably tiny invasion force.

the only good action they did is decline the Anarchos´ offer to gift them their cities!

t_x

Top Bottom