Diplomatic Victory Rival

adrianj

Deity
I'm playing GOTM64 at the momentm, and I've been aiming for a diplomatic victory. I think it's not too much of a spoiler to say I've built the UN, but the first vote was undecisive.

My question is: how do you know who you're up against, and consequently should get everyone allied against come vote time? I always thought it was the opponent with the most land (I used civassist2 to find this), and it turned out to be another civ, who may have had a higher score, I'm not sure. Does the opponent also need to know the Fission tech perhaps?

The candidates for an election are:

(i) The holder of the UN;
(ii) The civ with the most population if this is at least 25% of the total population.
(iii) The civ with the largest number of domination tiles if this is at least 25% of the total tiles that contribute towards domination.

If no one (or no one other than the UN holder) qualifies under conditions (ii) or (iii), then the civ with largest population is the sole rival to the holder of the UN.

BTW I think that elections come around every 13 turns but I'm not sure about this. (another number in my head is 11!)

Top Bottom