disbanding and shields

shenryyr

serval
I've been playing this game since the day it came out and never did I notice that disbanding a unit on a city gives you some shields. until today, that is. oh well :) better late than never, like the titanic in ghostbusters II.

:lol: i used to do that, disband wherever i was, even if it was 1 square from a cityi would disband there and then. then i found the secret.you dont getmany shields though, soif i'm losing money because of military size, i'll still disband wherever.

And a little tip, shenryyr: You don't get any bonus shields if the city with the unit is building a wonder. So you should either change the production, disband the unit, and then change it back, or move the unit to another city, if you ever get into that situation. :)

And another tip, although you may already know this: You also get bonus shields from cutting down forests near cities not producing wonders.

Originally posted by WillJ
And another tip, although you may already know this: You also get bonus shields from cutting down forests near cities not producing wonders.

I figured that out in the second game i ever did and i thought i was so brilliant :D but then i realized that if i got shields that way the cities that got the shield sucked. They couldn't build anything for crap, so i scrapped the idea. However lately i have done it just to get some quick temples to build culture when i play hotseat so i can grab more land. The main problem that early is that it takes workers forever to cut down forests (i am not usually industrious).

And a little tip, shenryyr: You don't get any bonus shields if the city with the unit is building a wonder. So you should either change the production, disband the unit, and then change it back, or move the unit to another city, if you ever get into that situation. :)

Careful! If you disband or cut down a forest to boost production of a nonwonder project, you will not be able to switch that city to a wonder! The game will not let you rush prebuilds in any way.

If you change the production to a non-wonder and disband for shields you won't be able to switch the city back to wonder production.

The only time I disband outside cities is captured workers that have no chance of survival.

Top Bottom