Discuss the New Leaders

It's pretty clear they used revolutionaries wherever possible. The French and Dutch leaders aren't due to the fact their colonies didn't have revolutions like the English and Spanish did.

Bolívar and San Martín weren't born in Spain, just like Washington and Adams weren't born in England.

George the IInd in the major part of the Seven Years War.

Let's play some Jeopardy. And what is Haiti ? Answer : French sugar-cane colony who revolted against France's rule in 1794.

Toussaint Loverture would have been a great choice, but he just didn't form something that changed the world

Sure it was notable that a slave took control of a french colony, but ihe was then killed soon afterward. They probably want a leader who is a notable figurehead in that place, and that place covering a large portion of land, not one that is an Island in the carribean.

It seems that all the new leaders are revolutionaries and the old leaders in the original are founders of the colonies...

I'll add my two cents for the leaders of New-France. While Jacques Cartier "discovered" and explored the St-Lawrence and met natives during his trips, the choice of Samuel de Champlain has a leader is great. Champlain founded Québec (city) four hundred years ago this very year, explored the continent, traded and had extensive diplomatic relations with the natives, ect. He's a terrific choice.

Frontenac was governor of New-France in the late 17th century and is famous for his military campaigns against the Iroquois and his defense of Québec against a british invasion. When asked to surrender he replied: "

I have no reply to make to your general other than from the mouths of my cannons and muskets."

He was gansta.

Interesting choices. Vaudreuil was good and was indeed a product of Nouvelle-France. His clashes with Montcalm are epic. I would approve of him if he wasn't the governor who surrendered to the British in 1760. I'd rather have someone who's not identified as the last governor. Iberville's achievements are numerous but I don't think he has the same prestige as Champlai, Frontenac or even Vaudreuil. I hope they will be in the game as members of the continental congress or some sort of great leaders.

...i'm hoping the new natives will be animated
I'm fairly certain they will be. They look like models, and there's no point in making models if you're going to use a still picture, at least in this game. Plus, there's Montezuma, Huayna Capac and Sitting Bull, which are quite similar to their Civ4 counterparts.

Not only that, but we got Mangas Coloradas of the Apache... do you think Hiawatha could be in the game?

Because that was a-historical for the time-frame of the game.

A coop victory goal where you score with your patron country would be a good alternate victory though.

George Washington as a Revolutionary Leader is interesting, I view him more of a general. And considering he toasted the King for a period even after the war started..

And I also do wonder why they never make a game on becoming a democracy in the non-violent way as some countries in this world, not to mention North America, did. :p

Top Bottom