Discuss the New Leaders

Originally Posted by allunderheaven View Post
It seems that all the new leaders are revolutionaries and the old leaders in the original are founders of the colonies...

De Champlain is definitely not a revolutionary. He was an explorer who spent a lot of time scouting Quebec and northern New England. Lake Champlain divides NY and VT and is obviously named after him.

De Champlain also settled Quebec City 400 years ago yesterday.

Just a few months ago, HBO made a miniseries about John Adams. Each of the 7 episodes were about an hour and some, and starred Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney. Considering the marginal roles Giamatti has played, he did really good in this one. The show itself was pretty well written, and cleared up a few things in my mind. Indeed, I didn't even realize his presidency was so tumultuous because of Napoleon's activities, because he's just not that studied.

If you want someone a little more famous, though, Jefferson should be #2.

I suspect that the leaders will have as much to do with this game as they did in the original, which is to say, not a whit. People will think their nation's powers are based on their nation, not on their leaders. It's already been said that Washington's tolerance is what attracts more people to come to "New England".

The only use that could be had from having Leaders is if you can mix and match. Maybe pair Washington with Bolivar and play as the French. It would be nice if a founding nation had a bonus AND each leader had a bonus, to make such a thing notable, and such combinations worthy of consideration. I don't play games like this to repeat history (and is mainly why I choose the Dutch when playing Pirates).

Dutch choises are ok, better then M. de Ruyter (he had nothing to do with New Amsterdam)

Piet Heyn (zijn naam is klein, zijn daden groot, hij heeft gewonnen den zilver vloot) also has 0 to do with New Amsterdam

He was a pirat

I've been looking through their pictures to see if, in the case that the leaders can be modded into Civ, I could use some of those leaders.

I'm planning on Argentine and Venezuelan civs, so Adams, San Martin, and Bolivar are coming in as is.

I think I could probably add Stuy as Johan de Witt.

Dutch choises are ok, better then M. de Ruyter (he had nothing to do with New Amsterdam)

Piet Heyn (zijn naam is klein, zijn daden groot, hij heeft gewonnen den zilver vloot) also has 0 to do with New Amsterdam

Is het een Nederlandse uitdrukking ?

I remember reading that Piet Heyn's silver fleet brought a much needed boost to the Dutch economy in times of war against the Spaniards... and did much to virtually bankrupt the Spanish crown. Still, the poor lad only received a fraction of the fleet in reward (we are talking about less than 10%) which caused him to quit his pirate dayjob.

I hope so. but we'll see what the shader 1.1 does. but I'm sure it can be exported to blender then reimported without shaders. atleast I'm hoping.

Do you think it will be equally easy to import Civ leaders to Colonization? I'm already in the process of planning to mod in several colonial powers...

According to this preview, the new leaders in Colonization II are:

England
George Washington and John Adams

France
Samuel de Champlain and Louis de Buade de Frontenac

The Netherlands
Peter Stuyvesant and Adriaen van der Donck

Spain
Simon Bolivar and Jose de San Martin

For comparison, these were the leaders in the old Colonization:

England
Walter Raleigh

France
Jacques Cartier

The Netherlands
Michiel de Ruyter

Spain
Christopher Columbus

What do you think of the new choices? Assuming there will be Civ 4-style traits in Col II, what traits do you think each leader will get? This is speculative, of course, since we don't know what Col II's new traits will be (if it has any) but you can probably make some rough guesses. Washington, for instance, will likely receive some kind of military bonus.

Umm i really havent read into it but i dont think john adams and george washington were british i think the word you were looking for the word america

Umm i really havent read into it but i dont think john adams and george washington were british i think the word you were looking for the word america

Well, technically, they were British up until about July of 1776. British subjects, anyway.

Yes but they were not british leaders i think they should actually use some british leaders because george washington is one of americas favorite presidents and hes british...

They picked American leaders because they wanted colonial leaders who were revolutionaries. In that case, there is considerable gray area between "British" and "American."

For those who haven't heard of all these people, did you never play Conquest of the New World? They're all leaders on that, apart from the English/American ones. At the time, I'd never heard of them, but now all those names are familiar.

George Washington started out as a proud British officer... he really was looking up to climbing the ladder of His majesty George II's military

it was George the third.

also, the game is around declaring your independence, Washington and Adams had big parts in that.

Also Simon Bolivar is considered a founding father of most Northern South American Nations, making him also a revolutionary leader.

The french and dutch didnt have Major American Colonies long enough for them to go through revolution.

just saying

it was George the third.

also, the game is around declaring your independence, Washington and Adams had big parts in that.

Also Simon Bolivar is considered a founding father of most Northern South American Nations, making him also a revolutionary leader.

The french and dutch didnt have Major American Colonies long enough for them to go through revolution.

just saying

George the IInd in the major part of the Seven Years War.

Let's play some Jeopardy. And what is Haiti ? Answer : French sugar-cane colony who revolted against France's rule in 1794.

I like the idea of having the new and old leaders.

I really hope they have animated leaderheads. I hate it when i play a mod with unanimated LD's, and a still life photograph pops up on the screen.(espesially when it's one of those where the eyes follow you. those are just plain creepy!!:cry:)

[/QUOTE]Let's play some Jeopardy. And what is Haiti ? Answer : French sugar-cane colony who revolted against France's rule in 1794.[/QUOTE]

Answer: What is a French sugar-cane colony who revolted against France's rule in 1794? :lol:

(my 100th post!!!!!!)

I hope they redo Washington's model. Civ4's is fine and all, but, dunno, it'd look lazy if they left him like that. They redid everyone in CivRev after all!

I hope they redo Washington's model. Civ4's is fine and all, but, dunno, it'd look lazy if they left him like that. They redid everyone in CivRev after all!

You know, I had not really thought about that. Since the graphics version is different in Colonization, there is a distinct possibility that Washington might be re-done, or at least improved.

I wonder if we could mod in Portugal...

I wonder if we could mod in Portugal...
The game will probably be as customizable as Civ4, so you could probably mod in even the Martians, if you wanted. Rayguns vs. muskets! :p

Top Bottom