Dismounted Light Llama Infantry

Gogf

Indescribable
Design for the Incan Civil War (ICW) Scenario, this unit is a multi-figure unit of the Chasquis Scout, and Dom Pedro II's llama. I did none of the art work, I just put it togeather into an MUnit.

Death Preview:

Run preview:

I am not sure if this reveals too much of the Chasquis Scout's art. Would someone please tell me if I am allowed to post it, or not. THIS UNIT IS COMPLETE, THIS IS NOT THE WRONG FORUM!

EDIT: Just to make this clear to everyone, I have not posted it yet, and am waiting for someone to say I can, because I believe it may reveal too much art. That ad "Placehold Ad.txt" is NOT the unit.

Attachments

• placeholder ad.txt
    207 bytes · Views: 164
Death anim looks weird. The Llama walks over the guy, but the guy overlays the llama... Try to reverse the order, so that guy is below llama, or move them farther away from each other. Otherwise it doesn't look as trampling at all.

BTW You should really use main C&C forum for previews/questions regarding legal status of such unti.

Yes, aside from possibly not being able to post it, that is the one real problem. It's supposed to trample him, but he is in front. Maybe it looks better in game (I can't test it, and I'll bet you're getting sick of hearing why...).

Why can't you just load the storyboards in different order in SBB? It will look fine and you'll see the effects immediately.

Well, try it. It's just a m-unit, so it won't cost much time to experiment, and I think it's worth it.

Okay, I solved it. I put the Llama on top, and edited where they are by hand. I'll post a new preview once I .gif it.

ARGH! I got it to look good, but the shadow's are messed up. They are in all these weird colors. Until I can fix that, this version stands.

IMO, this does put too much copyrighted (Chasqui Scout) artwork up. It looks good, but we've got to be careful to not open the site up for lawsuits, or otherwise hurt our reputation with the developers. So I would say do not post this unit.

Sorry.

The units is great, Gogf, may I ask you isà I can get it for download? there is no such file anywhere...

I guess it probably would be. But, we've solved the problem by making a new Light Infantry, and reassigning the Chasquis Scout to the Scout possition.

I wonder, why dudes from the Firaxis do not pay you all, modders, and use your great new units in new game expansions?

(especially, given that amateur unit graphics are often way better than that by Firaxis - like the units by Embriodead, for instance).

Top Bottom