Dissapointing victory screen

jezer

Chieftain
Am I missing something or is there no victory replay? That completely sucks. after hours and hours I just get a minimal information screen. I liked to see my colours spreading like a virus across the map. Now, can't savour the victory with a smoke like i used to. boo ho! I'm going back to Civ 4.

I totally agree. I finally finished my first game, and it was like... "that's it. Go away."

No throne rooms. No victory screens. Nothing to make you feel really good about yourself at the end :)

Yes.It's really bad.End-game replays is a must-do for Firaxis.And there should be victory videos.Not those still images.And most of them are complete crap.Maybe a slideshow of still images...that would be good.For example - space victory:spaceport where people are boarding that spaceship->spaceship near moon->light speed travel->arrival at Alpha Centauri->first settlement there:)

My Hall of Fame is filled with duplicate wins from my first few games where I kept reloading the last turn looking for the replay screen. It was really disappointing when I finally realized it's not there anymore. Watching my colors spread like a virus while enjoying a smoke was key to savoring each victory.

Totally. Very anti-climactic to say the least. Especially after going after all win types just to see the different endings and then to just get that..

Yeah, I think everyone can agree. Winning the game is such a let down, you just want to delay it as long as possible, or skip it entirely and start a new game when you know you've won.

I totaly agree. The "winner is you" ending was my biggest disappointment. Thankfully I can at least see replay using a program made by dannythefool.

The ending is so disappointing, I sincerely hoped that the new feature announced for the next patch would be victory movies and replays.

These are not priority fixes as they don't actually improve the main game.

However, they would be nice, yes.

Yes, a big anti climax. Does anyone know how to remove old scores from the Hall of Fame - mine is getting cluttered with games when I was at lower levels

One shouldn't be too concerned about such things.

After all, you have animated leaders in diplomacy and a beautiful movie you can watch at the start of the game!

Priorities man! ;)

Seriously though, it is crap. It's very indicative of a game that got released far too early. That bun needed at minimum another year in the oven.
They might get around to it eventually but for now there are much more urgent problems.

Top Bottom