Do you cheat when you get beat to a wonder or city site?

Artifex1

Warlord
and reload from a previous save?

Do you ever reload saves when something bad happens?

used to, but in time I realised that this takes most of the fun of the game. Soon I quit and restart when that happens.

If I'm doing a OCC challenge and I miss out on a good wonder I usually reload some turns back to make sure I get it, although I usually only do that for very important wonders such as Petra, especially when I play as Morocco, damn they're so good in defense as they're in producing food, production and gold from their Kasbeh.

not on king or emperor...but on deity you'll need all the advantage you could get :)

I hate to admit it...but I do occasionally. But, I'm trying to break myself of this habit completely as I enjoy games more when I just take the hit and move on.

My latest game I broke my rule though when: I started on an island as Polynesia with NINE wines, and I got beat to monasteries by just a few turns. Funny thing is...the other AI has no reason to take monasteries...I have all the world's wines on my island...but they just like buildings. I found out that I had a game full of religious nuts. 3 religions enhanced with reformation beliefs by turn 90...ridiculous. I made religion 4 when I enhanced and took reformation beliefs by turn 95. :p It was immortal so the only reason they were beating me is they all started with Piety, but I still feel bad about reloading...even though I have a sweet religion now. I guess I'm more likely to reload in the beginning, when I feel sinking that many turns into something I lost may cost the game.

Maybe next time try to think ahead many turns. Think about how differently you would play if you reload 5 turns after missing a wonder before you even get to that point yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I hate to admit it...but I do occasionally. But, I'm trying to break myself of this habit completely as I enjoy games more when I just take the hit and move on.

My latest game I broke my rule though when: I started on an island as Polynesia with NINE wines, and I got beat to monasteries by just a few turns. Funny thing is...the other AI has no reason to take monasteries...I have all the world's wines on my island...but they just like buildings. I found out that I had a game full of religious nuts. 3 religions enhanced with reformation beliefs by turn 90...ridiculous. I made religion 4 when I enhanced and took reformation beliefs by turn 95. :p It was immortal so the only reason they were beating me is they all started with Piety, but I still feel bad about reloading...even though I have a sweet religion now. I guess I'm more likely to reload in the beginning, when I feel sinking that many turns into something I lost may cost the game.

Perfectly understandable. To have that kind of start without monasteries would be an atrocity.

I'll ragequit (it's more a sighquit actually) with Petra too, on Deity. Because, I gambled my game on it. So, if I loose Petra, I have nearly loose the game.

Otherwise, I ended to reload a couple of months ago. It's a part of the game to be beat for a wonder and a place to settle. But, don't feel bad if you reload, it's a game, play how you want.

Very rarely. I do if i intended to do something (and didnt), or misclicked something. generally its in misplays or mistakes, but anything gameplay wise i never do. I used to do it a lot more in things like Civ 3 because there was no sweetner if you were beat to a wonder. now though you get fail gold, which mitigates the turns you spent pouring into production.

My last game as Morocco I missed Petra, Desert Folklore and got beat to every cty state quest that mattered. I didn't reload I just quit pre turn 100.

Petra is such a . Rushing commerce while builidng up your science as much as possible, the insane speed at which the AI gets it, this wonder drives me crazy.

No. I will sometimes ragequit when I get beaten to a city site, but not reload. As for wonders, that's a risk you accept when you go for a wonder.

Top Bottom