Do you like Germany

Do you like GERMANY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E-Raser said:
Well well, This joke indeed is very close to the butt :p

Besides I hardly ever claimed for Einstein or Schrödiner.
Also not for Mozart who was Austrain to.
Bethoven or Schubert ist anyway more than enough-
Otto Hahn, not as famous but even more important. Do you seriously think Amstrong would have been on the mood without von Braun?

Well - as Blasphemous allready wrote, Einstein was not Austrian - he was born in Ulm (Baden Würtemberg) and went to school in Munich - both were never part of Austria. The Einsteins then moved to Pavia, which is in Italy. Later, he went to Aarau (Switzerland) to finish his secondary school after which he visited the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, in Zurich (Switzerland), where he was granted a teaching diploma. He then moved to Bern, back to Zurich and afterwards to Prague for a year, which was German at the time.
From 1914 to 1933, he served as director of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics in Berlin and went to princeton after the nazis came to power, where he died.

He renounced his German citizenship in 1896 and remained stateless until he received the Swiss citizenship in 1901, which is the citizenship he kept for the rest of his life.
So the guy never even lived in Austria, none of his ancestors were Austrian and he never held the Austrian citizenship.

And BTW - he considered himself as an ethnic jew, so I wouldn't call him German, Swiss (most likely), American but Hebrew - but I would never ever call him Austrian.

Funny how Austrians manage to make the world believe that Hitler was German, but Beethoven and Einstein were Austrian :lol:.

I don't know - maybe to have better chances to get the Swiss one as a stateless person(?).
He regained the German citizenship in 1914 and lost (or renounced) it again in 1933. In 1940, he also got the US citizenship, which he kept along with the Swiss one until his death.

nonconformist said:
(BTW, I've got the Internationale in my sig, so I dunno why you think I'm a neolib?)

I did not, I just offered you a place in our Phalanx against them!

willemvanoranje said:
Einstein ist Schwabe! hahaha :lol:

Swabia and Einstein... hehe...

Wenn du dei Nos in mein Arsch steckscht, do hann i a Nos em Arsch ond du a Nos em Arsch, abe i bi reladief besser dra. - Or something like that :lol:

(roughly translated: If you put your nose into my ass, then I have a nose in the ass and you have a nose in the ass, but I feel relative better)

classical_hero said:
The land of Chocolate. How could you not love a land like that?

BTW, I am surprised that noone has meantioned that before.
Are you refering to Switzerland?
Germany has good marzipan, but i can't think of any extraordinary good chocolate.

(Btw, where is the "Jawohl!" poll option? :p)

Jā, protams :p

Top Bottom