Do You Want XCOM Squad in game?

Should XCOM Squad be included?

• Yes, yes it should

Votes: 319 59.6%
  • No, no it shouldn't.

Votes: 216 40.4%

• Total voters
Whether it's feasible or not to remove it at this point, I figure we already have the GDR, so what does this really hurt things? If a gimmicky unit gets tossed into the game early on, say, prior to the Modern and Information eras, then it's a little different. Then, that affects gameplay much much more. But this sounds actually like a good addition, as it will allow the end-game to play out without moving a whole bunch of units around. Instead, build a handful of these, a handful of stealths, and win Domination with less of that annoying reassign-movement-orders-every-turn-due-to-CS-units-getting-in-the-way.

Why is this thread 12 pages long when so far as I know there's still been no confirmation this unit will actually be in the game and wasn't specifically designed as a showcase at an event where the developers could be sure both Civ and XCOM fans would be in attendance?

Are we all good with calling it confirmed now?

I hate to say it, but the XCON Squat [sic] is confirmed (and for those who loathe this unit (including myself), there is always the option to mod them out (or genericize them)).

How is this thread still going on? Xcom was a great game. The unit just a nod to that. If you don't like it, there will be mods to remove it. There is plenty that is unrealistic about civ.

Frankly the Civ series has been at it's best when it has embraced the future. See Alpha Centauri.

I think it's fine being so late. It would be a lot better though if one of the scenarios was futuristic with XCOM aliens and such. There could be a lot of fun with that like how the Smoky Skies scenario added new units and leaders.

Don't like it? Don't use it. If you really care about 'eeeevvviiiiiiiiiilllllllllll' advertising, then change it's name. If you don't like the unit, mod it out. No one is forcing you to use a fun easter-egg unit; you're allowed to be grouchy if you want.

It's the name I don't like. It's another franchise in my civ. I don't care if the franchise is another one made by the same company; I'd be just as displeased if the Giant Death Robot was called an 'Aperture Science Giant Death Robot'.

That said, if they've already put it in, they've already put it in. I don't expect anything to be changed about it, so I look forward to mods that rename/reskin/remove it. I just wish that it wasn't something a significant amount of players would need to do.

I don't prefer the futuristic units/era techs. The only reason it doesn't ruin gameplay for me, is a very large majority of my games are completed before then. I have yet to see an enemy GDR built in over 600 hours played. I have only built one myself, trying to complete an achievement.

I think, if you want a futuristic game of civ, mods can handle that well. They have for us in III and IV.

Most of my games would be done by then. I had to prolong a game to build my one and only GDR.

Voted no. If it were part of an all-around expansion of the future-era stage of the game I would be all for it. As a marketing gimmick it doesn't sit well with me.

But I hardly ever get to the future era anyway so I really don't care all that much, and I'm definitely buying the game the moment it's available pretty much no matter what, so...

only problem is, can't it move like 60 spaces or something??? way too much, makes any other ground unit completely and utterly useless. just stealth bomb 300 times and then send in one of these things.

use spy to see their city, and take off

Can paratroopers attack the same turn they land?

No, they can't.

That's what I thought. That'll help even things out a bit.

i voted yes... however, i think it should only be included as a future tech bonus. under any other tech
will make that tech much too overpowered, imho. i have played the original game as well as the new
remake of the game and loved both games. additional techs of other than ''future techs'' would be alot cooler... just stating my opinion here.

Top Bottom