Documentation

You don't have to hurry. Translators have another week or so. Code freeze is only for Coders. :D

Yeah, but I think that Alerum will pack the help files today, so the more translated pages are there, the better it is :)

Anyway, for today is enough, PLE will wait... if I translate only one more page, I'll get sick :D

Oh, and I have to give you all my respect, you are very quick! :goodjob:

Yeah, but I think that Alerum will pack the help files today, so the more translated pages are there, the better it is :)

Anyway, for today is enough, PLE will wait... if I translate only one more page, I'll get sick :D

Oh, and I have to give you all my respect, you are very quick! :goodjob:

Actually, I'm pretty lazy at times. :D And you are pretty fast, too. Don't hide your light under a bushel. :goodjob:

@ Alerum

I've started to translate the help files for BAT :)
So, I have a couple of question for you: :blush:

1) Which version of Varietas Delectat is included in BAT?
2) The Ethnic Artsyles mod that we include in BAT is the same that is already included in VD?
2b) I read that from v.4 of VD Ethnic Artsyles has been dropped and Ethnic Citystyles has been included in VD, is/will-be the same in BAT?
3) The Cultural Diversity mod that we include in BAT is the same that is already included in VD?

TIA for the answers :)

1) We're using 3.6 currently.
2) Yes, Ethnic Artstyle is included in VD, and the same as in BAT.
2b) We have not gone to version 4.0 yet, but IIRC there was some partial Citystyles in this BAT. I would hold off on this document fornow.
3) CD is not in BAT 1.0, as it contained BUG 2.2x in it, and I didn't see enough of a change from VD to include it, assuming he would upgrade his mod with BUG 3.0 eventually.

Also, I should say that I'm going to be very busy in the coming weeks, and probably won't online. I will also be unreachable from August 7th until August 20th for vacation.

We need some documentation stuff about Enhanced Victory Screen and about PublicMaps included in BUG.
What is the best way of documenting this? Word / Thread / other?

What is the best way of documenting this? Word / Thread / other?

No problem, use the way that you prefer, and then I'll convert your text in an html file (which later will be included into the chm) following the pattern used for other help files... txt, doc, post on CVC, I really don't care, it's a copy&past work anyway :)

We are probably missing docs for stuff that I ahve recently added. I'll work on the following:

- graphs
- sit rep

Let me know if there are others.

We are probably missing docs for stuff that I ahve recently added. I'll work on the following:

- graphs
- sit rep

I think the enhanced victory screen needs some documentation.
For the sit rep, I'm not sure. The help file for the BUG MA already holds some information about it. Maybe you want to extend that? :dunno:

I think the enhanced victory screen needs some documentation.
:wallbash: Totally forgot about the VS. Does the docs have the ability to include screenshots or is it just text?

I've looked at the chm docs - do we have docs somewhere else too?

:wallbash: Totally forgot about the VS. Does the docs have the ability to include screenshots or is it just text?

I've looked at the chm docs - do we have docs somewhere else too?

Screenshots, I'm not sure. I guess, they can but we never used any. :dunno:

The uncompiled html-files can be found in the "Extra Stuff" folder in the BUG repository (should be "Extra Stuff/Help File/BUG Help/Source/ENG"), if you are talking about that. :D

I encountered few Italian text fragments in the English help file and fixed them. I also added some : and - to some lists to give them more structure. If it's Ok for you, I'll commit that stuff, Cam. :)

Oh, sorry for that, I hope they were not many :(
Yes, of course it's ok to commit them!

Screenshots, I'm not sure. I guess, they can but we never used any. :dunno:

I'll avoid images for now. Better to include them in the detailed help that will be prepared in the future with a lot of images, but in a different file format.
IMHO it's better to keep this help only textual.

- graphs
- sit rep

You can look here, I put in this file the things missing from help files.
Extra Stuff\Help File\Stuff to add to help files.txt

right - all I need to do now is expand my local repo to include that extra stuff. In the past, I've only copied down BUG stuff.

right - all I need to do now is expand my local repo to include that extra stuff. In the past, I've only copied down BUG stuff.

I highly recommend checking out a new local copy of just that folder -- keep them separate. You can create a new project in Eclipse and point it to that folder.

Top Bottom