Documentation

Oh, sorry for that, I hope they were not many :(
Yes, of course it's ok to commit them!

I think, there were only 4 or 5. Not a big deal. Great work on that cleanup of the code. :goodjob:

I saw you capitalized the names of the German help files. I wasn't sure how to do it, so I'm glad you did it for me. :)

I think, there were only 4 or 5. Not a big deal. Great work on that cleanup of the code. :goodjob:

I saw you capitalized the names of the German help files. I wasn't sure how to do it, so I'm glad you did it for me. :)

Oh, yes, it's a pity in the ass, because you can't do it in the usual way, but only using the repo browser, which is slower than a WinXP boot ;)

Anyway, for now it's useless, but for the website will be necessary (linux server probably), so better to do it now and don't think anymore about it.
BTW, I forgot to make the new DEU help template and to use it to generate the CHM file, I'll do it this evening (anyway I'll generate all the help files again before release).

I think the enhanced victory screen needs some documentation.
For the sit rep, I'm not sure. The help file for the BUG MA already holds some information about it. Maybe you want to extend that? :dunno:
I've put up some documentation for the Victory Screen and Graphs.

Let me know if you need some more, or I got something wrong (highly likely :D :run:).

I was going to make a couple corrections to the help file but wanted to know the best way to coordinate. Do you want me to just change the English version and you can diff to make the changes to the others, or should I post changes here?

Things I'm looking at on Included Mods

• Raw Yields doesn't include Raw Production anymore. RP/RC were replaced with RY.
  • Sevopedia Index
  • Dresden's mod with a really-long-name ;)
  • Changing blue (*)s into actual links to an anchor below
  • Changing (*) note at bottom to look more like a footnote
How do you want me to do these?

As well, I highly recommend a) naming styles with something more descriptive than "style4" and b) creating a single unified CSS file. I suspect this is the kind of stuff you were going to work on next, so ignore if not applicable.

I was going to make a couple corrections to the help file but wanted to know the best way to coordinate. Do you want me to just change the English version and you can diff to make the changes to the others, or should I post changes here?.

Do the changes that you like to the ENG files and if you have time copy those files also in the FRA and ESP folders (if not I'll do it later), and we'll reflect your changes in the ITA and DEU files.

Things I'm looking at on Included Mods

[*]Raw Yields doesn't include Raw Production anymore. RP/RC were replaced with RY.

So RY *does* include RP/RC, doesn't it? :confused:

As well, I highly recommend a) naming styles with something more descriptive than "style4" and b) creating a single unified CSS file. I suspect this is the kind of stuff you were going to work on next, so ignore if not applicable.

These are some of the changes I've in mind, yes, and some more are needed (all small letters for tags, always closed tags, alt attribute, and so on) to make it W3C approved, as I sayd my first cleaning was only intended to make the code more readable (mainly for translators).
About external CSS file, it's the way in which I like to create html pages, so for sure I'll work on it, but I have to find the way to solve a problem with my CHM maker, which doesn't like so much the external CSS formatting. Anyway, for web version for sure.

Do the changes that you like to the ENG files and if you have time copy those files also in the FRA and ESP folders.

Okay, that's what I'll do. Is there any reason to have FRA and ESP versions if they aren't translated? Seems a lot of busy work which could all be done once each time it's compiled into a CHM instead of each time a change is made. Or are they partially translated?

So RY *does* include RP/RC, doesn't it? :confused:

First there was RC by Sevo to which I added the Production view as RP. They were related only in concept (Raw C vs. P) and a toggle button between them. Then I rewrote all the code in its entirety as RY. Now, since RY does what RC and RP did, some of the code is similar. About 50% of the code in RC/RP is similar to code in RY, but that makes up only about 10% of the RY code.

Now that I've completely confused the situation, my point is that RY is RP, simply with more features added. And since RP was based on the ideas of RC, I wrote it up as this:

Raw Yields by EmperorFool, based on Raw Commerce by Sevo​

About external CSS file . . . I have to find the way to solve a problem with my CHM maker, which doesn't like so much the external CSS formatting.

Yes, tool limitations can be a PITA sometimes. Glad to see your plan is in line with what I'd do normally as well.

Nooooo you took out the Sevopedia Readme... :(

Least I'm still in the python comments.

I still see the file there in SVN. Can you please specify where you see the file is missing?

For more on this issue, please see this new thread.

Had to go back 5 pages of threads to find this one... hehehehehe

Camm & The Doc,

I'm doing a major overhaul of the help file, with universal formatting between all pages. The layout of the help file will change as well. I should have something to post on the SVN by Thursday evening, around 10-11pm Pacific Time.

I know it's short notice but do you gentlemen think you could translate the text of the help files. There will be alot more images, and so less text required to translate. The number of pages will be reduced as well... so, how about it?
If not, I will be posting your versions of the translated help files from the old versions, but they are horribly outdated, and I designed it poorly. Post reply back if you log on today.

Also, if anyone else reads this, and is a fluent speaker of French and Spanish, and want to contribute to the BUG Project, and have some free time over the next couple of days, please let me know, and I'll tell you how to get the help files source code to translate as well!

PLEASE guys, I'm begging you... I'd love to get this done by saturday. You only need to translate the actual text, let me handle the formatting.

no, i didn't see a reply and hadn't finished them so didn't commit. They're all still attached to a dreamweaver template anyway.:p thinking about making a patch for the help files.

we should remember to buzz jesusin about this ...
I have a BUFFY question. I'd like to be in the credits TAB. I'd offered to do translations to Spanish, but I never got much real work handed. Is there still an opportunity for me?

I told him how to access IIRC, and never heard back. Go ahead and buzz him, and see if he's still willing to translate the help files.

Hi, I'm learning about the BUG mod through the online documentation. I have found that many parts of the documentation are missing. I would like to edit the wiki to add the missing parts. Can I get editing permission?

Top Bottom