Download and Screenshots

That "Failed to initialize primary control theme" error is usually because it's not installed correctly, like with an extra folder level or something. But to be sure I'm downloading it myself; when it's finished I'll let you know if the file has any problems or not.

Strange though, I'm getting 105 kb/s for an estimated download time of 1.5 hours from FileFactory. Not sure why it's so much slower for you guys, heh.

That "Failed to initialize primary control theme" error is usually because it's not installed correctly, like with an extra folder level or something. But to be sure I'm downloading it myself; when it's finished I'll let you know if the file has any problems or not.

Strange though, I'm getting 105 kb/s for an estimated download time of 1.5 hours from FileFactory. Not sure why it's so much slower for you guys, heh.

I installed to the same place as my other mods; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS

In the MongooseMod folder are the usual Assets, Documentation, etc...

EDIT: Could there perhaps be an issue with Steam versions of Civ?

Finished the download; the zip looks correct.

I installed to the same place as my other mods; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS

I don't think that will work. Please try it in "C:\Whatever\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\", as it says at the top of the main Download post! ;)

C'mon guys, I put that stuff there for a reason, but you have to read it...

EDIT: Could there perhaps be an issue with Steam versions of Civ?

None that anyone has ever mentioned before.

Finished the download; the zip looks correct.

I don't think that will work. Please try it in "C:\Whatever\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\", as it says at the top of the main Download post! ;)

C'mon guys, I put that stuff there for a reason, but you have to read it...

None that anyone has ever mentioned before.

I put it where I put it cuz every other mod works fine in the user directory :p

I put it where I put it cuz every other mod works fine in the user directory :p

That's probably because your other mods don't use custom UI themes. I don't think themes work from there, and that's what the load error you were getting has to do with.

Sorry, I didn't make the whole game, just the mod, so this isn't my fault! :p

Anyway, hopefully you can play now. Please post any awestruck praise or scathing criticism you have in the Version 4 thread, as I don't get much feedback, generally. :)

(Don't start a really big / long game though, as 4.0.2 shouldn't take too long to finish, and it will definitely break savegames. Though that's not my fault either! *points at Rakete*)

Hello,

is there a alternate download link? I can't use the FileFactory link, when I do I am greeted with this message: This file is only available to Premium Members. It is larger than the free download limit of 500 MB. To access this file, you will to need to upgrade to FileFactory Premium. I do not have a premium account there and I do not plan to buy one.

Thank you.

KTA

I can't use the FileFactory link, when I do I am greeted with this message: This file is only available to Premium Members. It is larger than the free download limit of 500 MB. To access this file, you will to need to upgrade to FileFactory Premium.

Seriously? Wow... Strange though, I didn't have any problem downloading it as a test and I just have a free account... Blarg. Okay, if that's really the case I'll host it somewhere else...

Didn't look back here for awhile, but your new 4.0 (and 4.01) version simply looks awesome!! :goodjob:

Hello,

is there a alternate download link? I can't use the FileFactory link, when I do I am greeted with this message: This file is only available to Premium Members. It is larger than the free download limit of 500 MB. To access this file, you will to need to upgrade to FileFactory Premium. I do not have a premium account there and I do not plan to buy one.

Thank you.

KTA

Same for me.

Tried the D/L link for 4.0.1 and after waiting for a bit get this msg:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/data/sdh1/freefile/public_html/showdownload1.php on line 22.

So far no luck in connecting with the site to get the mod. :(

JosEPh

EDit: Rapidshare link working just fine. D/L'ing as I post.

Tried the D/L link for 4.0.1 and after waiting for a bit get this msg:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/data/sdh1/freefile/public_html/showdownload1.php on line 22..

Yeah FreeFileHosting.net seems to be hosed at the moment... ARGH. This was already my backup site after people complained about FileFactory.com. (Which I just noticed now has a lower filesize limit of 400MB btw, so I couldn't go back to using them even if I wanted to, heh.)

I signed up for Rapidshare, but the problem THERE is that they have a 1GB daily bandwidth limit, so only one person would be able to download the mod per day.

I've deleted the file on FFH and am re-uploading it now; hopefully that'll work.

Nope, didn't help; FFH is still hosed.

Though apparently Mediafire has a new low-end paid plan for $18/year that I'd be willing to spring for, given the colossal commotion this nonsense is causing. It has a bandwidth limit of 50GB/month, so that's about 83 mod downloads per month. Might have to add several Rapidshare links as backups during the initial 4.1 flood, but it should work out. (Certainly beats paying $130/year for a premium Rapidshare or FileFactory account...)

So, is the mod available somewhere that works? I'm curious about it!

So, is the mod available somewhere that works? I'm curious about it!

Yeah, sorry about that, heh. Rakete's alternate download link from post #31 works, but I'll be going back to RELIABLE (read: PAID, sigh) hosting myself when 4.1 is released Soon™.

Thanks for your interest!

No, sorry, Rakete's download link does NOT work, says "unavailable". :(

How are you doing on 4.1?

No, sorry, Rakete's download link does NOT work, says "unavailable". :(

Oh. Well, it worked at one point! Lol.

Blarg, okay, gimme a minute and I'll put it on RapidShare myself...

How are you doing on 4.1?

I'll be posting another status update tomorrow night, give or take. I'm hoping it'll be out in one more week, which would put it 3 weeks behind schedule from my original estimate, heh.

Okay, the main download link points to MY free RapidShare account now (instead of Rakete's, hehe), and should be working.

As I understand it from their site, this will only have enough bandwidth for one download of the 4.0.1 zip every 24 hours, so if anyone STILL can't get it, I guess I can fork over $18 a week sooner than I was planning, though I was hoping to save all of that bandwidth (50GB = around 86 downloads per month) for the initial feeding frenzy on 4.1.

Top Bottom