Dumb Question about pre-orders and Steam vs. retail

edingess

Warlord
This is moreso directed at Pete and anyone else in Firaxis but
1. Is BE going to be Digital download only? (in other words, will the retail disk just direct you to steam download like with Civs 5?)

General Question for the World,
2. Is it true that Steam pre-orders load to your computer before the game releases?

I ask because I'm still working with some sub-par internet. If I'm going to occupy my internet for 12 hours I'd like to know ahead of time so I know how to best pre-order BE.

Thanks for any assistance

1) I can't speak for certain with BE, but Civ V wasn't all digital, I have a disc for it

2) yes , steam let's you "pre-load" games before hand, I think 24 hours before release.

2) yes , steam let's you "pre-load" games before hand, I think 24 hours before release.

They might randomly choose customers and make them download the game at different times like they did with BNW. It's probably a system to avoid traffic overload.

1) I can't speak for certain with BE, but Civ V wasn't all digital, I have a disc for it

So do I but I remember having to DL at least part of it via steam. I didn't realize there was a split install/download system in place.

Thx for the advice guys.

They might randomly choose customers and make them download the game at different times like they did with BNW. It's probably a system to avoid traffic overload.

Couldn't say. The only game I've ever actually pre-loaded was Dark Souls II, and it did it by my command, not randomly.

If it's exactly like Civ V, then the disc will help by installing the data, but beyond that it's useless as it's completely tied to steam. You won't need it again and any future updates are downloaded.

Top Bottom