[SCENARIO] Dungeon Adventure - the 133rd K.R.A.G.

o I think there may be a problem. now it is patch "n". I've tried to make it work but it hasn't. is there a way to simply copy so that there is a back up of whatever patch is needed.

Hi All,

Yes, I was waiting for patch o to do a new merge for DA. You have probably noticed my scarcity for the last several months -- RL business has been seriously interfering with my modding time. I haven't even had time to play games! Anyway, I hope to get DA merged with patch o. I'll post a message here when it is up. It will take a while, but I'll get it done eventually.

I have a question about the WB Mapswitching portion of this mod. Did you get it to work with different sized maps, or do the maps have to be the same size for the graphics to rebuild correctly?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to make a mod which would enable switching between two or more maps in-game by switching the CvMap object. The problem is that when I switch to a different sized map, the graphics engine doesn't load the map properly.

Wow. It is a good thing that I am still emailed notifications of posts to this thread!

LyTning94, in my experience, the WB map switching only worked with maps of the same size. I did a work-around in some instances by using impassable terrain to block out portions of a map to make smaller maps. Moreover, one can also have sub-maps on a single map that are isolated from each other somehow. The game engine, however, can only handle one instance of a map at a time -- unless one does some complex and heavy modding that is beyond me.

You could probably have different sized maps loaded as if they were different scenarios, but you would need a way to save persistent data that gets transferred from map to map.

The way my map switching code works is that it uses WB commands to replace every single tile on the map. For the Shaft X and overworld maps, the code reads data from a fixed array. For the dungeons, the code generates a a random map.

Please feel free to use and abuse my map switching code! :) I am no longer active on these fora, and don't really play Civ4 anymore, but it would be nice to know that someone is still benefiting from the stuff I coded!

Wow. It is a good thing that I am still emailed notifications of posts to this thread!

Yeah, I wondered if anyone would respond, since this thread hasn't been used in about a year. :)

LyTning94, in my experience, the WB map switching only worked with maps of the same size. I did a work-around in some instances by using impassable terrain to block out portions of a map to make smaller maps. Moreover, one can also have sub-maps on a single map that are isolated from each other somehow. The game engine, however, can only handle one instance of a map at a time -- unless one does some complex and heavy modding that is beyond me.

You could probably have different sized maps loaded as if they were different scenarios, but you would need a way to save persistent data that gets transferred from map to map.

The way my map switching code works is that it uses WB commands to replace every single tile on the map. For the Shaft X and overworld maps, the code reads data from a fixed array. For the dungeons, the code generates a a random map.

Please feel free to use and abuse my map switching code! :) I am no longer active on these fora, and don't really play Civ4 anymore, but it would be nice to know that someone is still benefiting from the stuff I coded!

Okay, so it only worked with same size maps; that answers my question. Thanks for the offer to use your code, but I've already succeeded in switching the maps by switching the actual map object along with its units, cities, etc. so that the game can hold everything in memory. Unfortunately, like I said the graphics only display correctly if the maps are the same size because, it appears, the function to rebuild the entire graphics engine, allowing a different sized map to display correctly, is embedded in the exe. I remembered seeing this mod somewhere, and thought I'd check to see if you had found a way around this.

A schtoopid question-
How, exactly, do I load up this scenario? I've just put FFH back on my drive for another spin, and I've forgotten how to set something like this up. I've got the assets and the dll installed and then... What?

IIRC, somewhere in the FF2 mod folder, there will be a sub-folder called "Scenarios." The entire DA - 133rd KRAG folder goes into THAT sub-folder. It may not be accessible from the in-game menu, but can still be started manually. I think. It has been a loooong time since I did any of this! Hope that helps!

IIRC, somewhere in the FF2 mod folder, there will be a sub-folder called "Scenarios." The entire DA - 133rd KRAG folder goes into THAT sub-folder. It may not be accessible from the in-game menu, but can still be started manually. I think. It has been a loooong time since I did any of this! Hope that helps!

Actually, it IS accessible from the in-game menu (tried it)

Hi, does anyone still have the file since I am not able to download it on this forum

Top Bottom