Dysfunctional Events.txt file in the WW1 2.0 scenario

Jokemaster

Insert something here
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but this is where I downloaded this scenario, and I think this is where I am the most likely to see my question answered.

A few months ago I downloaded the MGE World War One 2.0 scenario (from Jim Panse) located here:
http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=World_War_One_v2.0
as part of GOTM167. Played it, submitted, no problems, all is well.

To play the scenario, I of course copypasted the scenario text files in the relevant directory that I wanted to dedicate specifically to this game, separately from my main Civ directory. It didn't work at first because my MGE game was in French, and was still using the default .fre files: copypasting the contents from the DL'd .txt files inside the FRE files did the trick, and I was able to play the scenario.

Only that I noticed after submitting that the events.txt file that came with the scenario download didn't work. I never got the Russian Red Army rebels near St. Petersburg after capturing Smolensk (didn't trigger the Russian Revolution tech either), didn't get 2k gold on Kiev's capture, never got 1k from War Bonds, and did not get any message/event after capturing Rome and London either. I tried to create an events.fre file with the English .txt file's contents, which I initially forgot to do: didn't change a thing, although it gave me the "error with the file, please refer to the manual" message. Fixing the city.fre files with the correct civ names hasn't done anything either (there was an older thread about it here) and I can't find a way to convert my MGE installation to English whilst still having a French program somewhere else (disc was in French only, MGE patch from CFC doesn't work and Cedric's patch didn't give me the option to switch languages).

So I'm at a bit of a loss here. Do any SLeaguers have any idea what might be amiss?

EDIT: Maybe I've gotten it...
http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/128235-help-with-Events

Yep, it seems to work! Refer to post number 6: all scenario files and saves in their own directory, with .txt files changed to .fre files. Feel free to ignore this post if no other updates are given.

Top Bottom