(Early)2010 Gubernatorial Elections Thread

Trajan12

Deity
Premature, but I think it would be good to discuss all the elections that are shaping up to be competitive. So far I count 2 races where Republicans have lately become very competitive. One in New Jersey against Corzine, in Michigan against Lt. Governor Cherry.

Of our race I can say Mike Cox is probably the least awful option. L. Brooks Patterson is the last human being alive that I would want for governor or anything. The other major contender Terry Land I don't particularly like either.

Who else knows about any other races to follow?
List of Elections.

All governors are having to make some very unpopular choices. That will give incumbents trouble anywhere that they stand for election in `09 or `10.

Interestingly, there was a poll out this week that suggested that Sen Dodd of CT is vulnerable against former Rep Rob Simmons.

All governors are having to make some very unpopular choices. That will give incumbents trouble anywhere that they stand for election in `09 or `10.

Interestingly, there was a poll out this week that suggested that Sen Dodd of CT is vulnerable against former Rep Rob Simmons.

Although I think that the trend is going to favor Republicans, a thread title change is probably appropriate.

Death to Crist!

...wait, wut?

Crist lost my support with his homestead exemption "ignore the fine print" campaign. Jeb was much better (let us not speak the name best left unspoken).

The governors don't really effect national politics that much though. If the Republicans pick up a few seats in the Senate and a bunch in the house, that will matter more. Governors, no matter how ideological they'd like to be, generally have to at least go through the motions of having an eye on reality. Members of Congress don't.

I foresee O'Malley taking the "credit" for Maryland's budgetary disaster this year, which is a pity, since it was the Republicans who blew the surplus and the treasury in the years before the Recession started. We're out $500 Million this year, and all state employees are being "asked" (read as "forced" ) to go 8 days without pay to help alleviate it. Disgusting.

O'Malley is the man.

Anyways, there is this real interesting race in Virginia in 2009.

Creigh Deeds, Brian Moran, and Terry McAullife will end up fighting for the Democratic Nomination against the AG of VA, Bob McDonnell. McDonnell is a good candidate and should be able to give McAullife a run for his money (literally). A Deeds vs. McDonnell Round II fight would be fun. Another Moran would not be cool.

Top Bottom