Early mod idea thread: Heart of Destiny 2(Dom Pedro II please read)

Just spotted this one... :)

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that the appeal to me was made for graphics?

I'd be more than happy to help (especially since I'm sure that we have many of the same units on our list)... however, until we get a decent way to convert to and from NIF files (the ones I've found so far aren't terribly impressive) I can't really do much. Though I am working on models at the moment that will be able to be converted as soon as a method is found/created.

Well I figured since my plans for this and your plans for Age of Man were so similiar, that we could work toghether instead of separately DPII. Like you I am big into Flavor units and such, and we seem to have the same tastes when it comes to mod-making.

Getting someone to make new city graphics might be difficult though.

If you only need help with graphics there's nothing I can do to help :p

English, Welsh, Scottish - *and* British...? I'd just have British for the lot of them rather than clutter things up any further. Similarly, having Prussia *and* Germany is silly.

I don't suppose it matters much at this stage, but there are a few historical oddities in your descriptions, which I'm going to nitpick! France didn't begin as a collection of Norman kingdoms - it was already around before the Normans turned up. Kievan Rus turned into Ukraine rather than Russia - Russia as we know it came more from Novgorod and Moscow, although it was culturally greatly influenced by Kiev, of course. I believe that Voodoo has more to do with Benin than with Congo. I wouldn't call North Korea "fascist" - it's communist. Also, less-known fact: when Ethiopia is mentioned in the Bible, it's probably generally Nubia that is meant. Not that any Ethiopian will admit it, of course!

Well, very ambitious. It should be interesting to see how this develops!

North Korea is "communist" in name only as much as China is "communist" in name only (which interestingly has extremely lax restrictions on businesses to the point that they turn a blinds eye when big business dumps their trash on farmers' lands and bureaucrats turn a blinds eye to labor abuses). There is no true "communist" nation, but I'm not at all interested in going into detailed political discussions which have nothing to do with the task at hand. ;)

I'd add Tibet to the list for East Asia. True, they have been forcefully annexed by China in the mid 20th century, but they were a major regional power (and a threat to the Chinese Empire) in the past. Tibet's leader would be Songsten Gampo (who is venerated as a "Dharmaraja") and the UU would be the "Khampa Horsemen." I suppose an alternative leader for Songsten Gampo could be one of the Dalai Lamas, Ngawang Gyatso perhaps? (Is that how you spell his name???)

Korea's leaders could either be Wang Kon or Sejong.

I can't believe I forgot Tibet!

Plotinus: They have done Genetic tests on Etheopians and sure enough they have some Semetic blood. Well I wanted to better represent the british isles, since it wasn't always just the English. The Scots and Irish should at least make an appearence I think.

Yes, Ethiopians are partly semitic, but this of course reflects the historical links between the Horn of Africa and the Arabian peninsula (both of which, at various times in history, have ruled over parts of the other). I don't think it means they're racially Jewish or anything like that. In antiquity, "Ethiopia" was often used simply to mean anywhere south of Egypt - so the "Ethiopian eunuch" in Acts was probably Nubian, not Ethiopian at all. As for the British, of course it's fine to have the Scots, Welsh and Irish as well as the English - but I don't think you need to have "the British" as yet another civ. That would be like having Texas, California, etc *and* "the Americans".

I think right now Tech trees actually. What we should decide now is, will we be having each epoch its own tree.

BTW, the British above is the culture group, not a civ, I should bold them lol.

Weasal do you do IM? I have one other person who is a serious part of the team that suggested we all talk that way.

I´ve got the natural wonders design nearly completed.
Next thing we should do is come up with a tech tree. It would be cool if we can create a seperate forum and put all our information there.

The most important thing is quality 3D work. THe coding should be pretty basic but the leaderheads are both bountyful and hard hard labor especially when we try to create something on par with firaxis.

I hope to gather some extra information on the possible features for leaderheads so we know if we can normal map or not. If normal mapping is allowed we can create some top quality work that might even blow firaxis away.

Also, I´d like to add crown jewels as a replacement for the palace and the throne room.

Here is the natural wonder list so far. It´s not done yet but here goes, tell me if you like it:

EDIT:Tabs were destroyed by this evil forum, it goes like this:
Natural Wonder - Unit that can discover - location found - Effect

Scout
Better results from tribal villages
Can only defend
+100% vs animals
-Can find Natural Wonders.

Explorer

Better results from tribal village
Can only defend
Ignores terrain movement cost
Starts with Guerilla I, Woodsman I
Entering Tribal villages allows you to discover a Natural Wonder associated with tribal villages.

Archeologist (Required tech: Carbon Dating)
Entering Tribal villages allows you to discover a Natural Wonder associated with tribal villages.
Can only defend
-Can Unearth ground (Will destroy improvements to create an excavation site. Takes 2 turns to construct. Takes 3 more turns to collect findings.
Findings include Natural wonders associated with excavations.

Global Warming Plains(Turns plains into desert, after combustion) Explorer
Monsoon Desert(Turns desert into plains) Explorer
North Star Constellations Any +3 Fame
Aurora Borealis Scout Tundra Explorer
Solar Eclipse Scout Tundra +10 Fame
Cullinan-I Archeologist Gems Adds crown jewels to the throne room. +25 Fame
Bermuda Triangle Caravel Ocean Sinks your caravel. +5 Fame
First to cirmumnavigate the globe receives one crown jewels addition. +10 Fame
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sequoia Sempervirens Explorer Forest +1 Happiness under Environmentalism for all cities. +5 Fame
Venus´ Fly Trap Explorer Jungle +1 Happiness under Environmentalism for all cities. +5 Fame
Cactus Scout Desert/Oasis +1 trade under Environmentalism for all cities. +5 Fame
Panda Scout Jungle +5 Fame
Polar Bear Explorer Tundra +5 Fame
Pelican Explorer River +5 Fame
Grizzly Explorer River +5 Fame
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orca Caravel On whale -0,5 Health for coastal cities. +5 Fame. Discovers Echolocation after radio
Stellar's Sea Cow Caravel Near arctic land +10 Fame. +1 Food for naval cities.
Coelacanth Caravel In middle of the ocean Grants insight to prehistoric anatomy. + 25 Fame
Blue Whale Caravel After Radio. On whale +4 Fame. Discovers Echolocation after radio
Ghost Fish Caravel Findable near hills-waters +1 Culture to naval cities. +8 Fame.
Puffer Fish Caravel Middle of the ocean Grants Artificial Hybernation in the Interstellar Age.
Electric Eel Caravel Middle of the ocean Electricity 50% easier to learn
Nautilus Caravel Findable on clams +10 Fame
Axolotl Caravel Findable in lakes +15 Fame. Grants Life Preservation in the Laser Age.
Cowrie Caravel Findable on clams +1 Traderoute to naval cities.
Ozark Cavefish Scout Mountain +5 Fame
Harappa Ruins Archeologist Tribal Village +35 Fame
Mohenjo Daro Archeologist Tribal Village +35 Fame
Popol Vuh Archeologist Tribal Village Discovery of an ancient space race: Popol Vuh.+50 Fame
Dropa Discs Archeologist Tribal Village Discovery of an ancient space race: Dropa.+50 Fame
Kanaga Mask Archeologist Tribal Village Discovery of an ancient space race: Nomma.+50 Fame
Hieroglyphes Archeologist Tribal Village Discovery of an ancient space race: Zep Tepi.+50 Fame
Flying Fox Explorer Forest Discovers Echolocation after radio. +4 Fame
Fruit Bat Explorer Forest Discovers Echolocation after radio. +4 Fame
Vampire Bat Explorer Forest Discovers Echolocation after radio. +4 Fame
Quagga Scout Plains +5 Fame
Bonsai Scout Hill/Forest +15 Fame

Aye-Aye Scout Jungle +5 Fame
Chimpansee Scout Jungle +10 Fame
Orang Otan Scout Jungle +5 Fame
Neanderthal Archeologist Unearthed Land +15 Fame
Bonobo Scout Jungle +10 Fame
Discovering 3 different Primates grants an extra +15 Fame for the insight in human evolution.

Megalodon Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Coeladonta Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Chalicotherium Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Dinohyus Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Doedicurus Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Elasmotherium Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Mastadon Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Megaceros Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Megatherium Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Smilodon Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Uintatherium Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Mammoth Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Indricotherium Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet
Cave Lion Archeologist Unearthed Land Not defined yet

Like primates, knowledge of the ice age, the jurassic period, The Cretaceous, Triassic, Eurasia grant extra Fame

Having high fame allow your Crown Jewels to expand.

Top Bottom