earth 18 civ +more civs

lolo79

Chieftain
Hi there,

I want to keep the original Earth 18 civs map that comes with BTS, and ADD MORE CIVS. I want to keep the same map, though, as no other map I find seems reasonably balanced.
I want to add:
Khmer
Korean
Babylonians or Sumerians
Native Americans
Maya
Ottoman
Zulus
Ethiopians
Carthaginians?

Basically I think the map is great, but East Asia, Africa and the Americas aren't crowded enough so the AI is overpowered and it gets boring for a human player without close contact (whereas Europe and the Middle East are a blast)

Can anyone help? I don't want to change AI, or terrain, or anything, I only want to add civs to make things more interesting.

In fact, completely wrong. There are many maps with 24 or 34 civs.
Obviously there is a way; what is it?
Anyone?
this is a really interesting question, no? Hello?
Guys? Girls?
Hello?

You will first need an SDK change to increase the number of civs. See this tutorial at Civilization IV Modding Reference. You will then need to add the civs to the worldbuildersave file and then put them in the correct location via worldbuilder.
Or you can just cheat and download a pre-modified DLL that includes 40-civs or more.

I have a pre-modified DLL on the 1st post of the Wolfshanze Mod thread (will work with any copy of BtS v3.17... just scroll down a bit and you'll see it in the 1st post).

In fact, I have exactly what you're talking about... I have a modified Earth Map (same that comes with the game) to handle all 34 civs in-game (actually I increased the number to 36 civs, since I added some new civs). This work is already done and included in the Wolfshanze Mod download if you want to play the original earth map with all civs on the map. Your choice... just download the DLL and do the work yourself, or try my mod and have the work done for you.

The link is in my sig-line below.

Top Bottom