Earth 192x120

I would very much like to see a 160 x 100 Earth map (40 grid x 25 grid), if somebody other than me is willing to make the effort.

This is a 1:6:X:Y map, bigger than the Huge Earth map (128 x 80), but may not suffer the performance issues of these 192 x 120 MAF monstrosities, or conflict with the 3.17 patch.

Lately I notice that I can't even run those Giant maps in 3.17, with or without Lt Bob's 40 civ .dll or Bruic's unofficial patch updates.

So I am in the middle of an experiment. I modified the Worldinfo XML file to make Huge Maps generate up to 40 x 25 grid dimensions. As "Huge" is the largest keyword that the Earth2 mapscript recognizes, I've been able to get it to successfully generate earth maps--but I haven't yet cracked open the WBsave to verify it is at 40x25... or that it will still behave in the late game.

If it works, then the general shape of the continents could be used as a starting point to develop a more pleasing Earth map, under a key, script, and dimension more system friendly.

As is, those Giant 48x30 maps are pretty damn big, and afford more than enough room even when I'm running around 30 civs. Unless you try to cram all of the European, Med, and Middle Eastern civs into their historically correct locations, they can spread out all over the place. So a smaller "Giant" map ought to be just as fun but more manageable...

Great Job Carter! - This is the Best Earth Map for BTS Yet!!

I really appreciate the massive effort you must have put into the maps!

I have started a number of games on 18 Civs random - but always seem to start in Africa (2 or 3 different start locations) or ocassionally Spain - has anyone else experienced this?

I normally play a custom scenario with unrestricted leaders on - I dont know if this may be the cause of the problem.

How do i change the 18 civs? ie, have most european civs + china, russia, weird how france, germany, spain are not there, and how can i change the starting time to medieval instead of acient? thanks

I select advanced then load a mod/ It restarts correctly. I select a civ "Roman" make no changes to default settings and the game crashed to the desktop when loading the map. vBTS 3.17. It 'was" a nice mod.

i have the 3.17 build and this mod doesn't work for me. whenever i launch the game, it crashes during the loading process. i get that error screen in which you have the option of sending an error report. i have windows xp pro. does this mod work for version 3.17?

I cant get it to work! every time I choose my game speed than hit play it crashes half way through loading.

Is there any way to load up this map as a custom game? The map is awesome but there is too many civs in it, even 18 civs is too many as after a while it starts to really slow down on my system to the point it becomes unplayable. I would like to reduce it to like 7-8 civs but can't seem to figure a way to do it with this map.

Can anyone help me out?

Ok, i don't know if this has already been addressed, so sry if it has. A friend of mine and i want to play with each other in multiplayer using Carter's Earth map, but when one of use hosts a game it doesn't show up in the lobby, so we tried using a direct ip connection, but when we did that, when either of us clicked connect it just said "contacting host" and then after a while said "connection has timed out". We would really like to play multiplayer, if anyone can help pls do.

I just started playing this map and realized I was way behind in technology even though I produce most gold and goods and second in food. it seems like tech brokering is enabled, and some Castile whackjob with only Madrid and Barcelona is leading me by 5 techs! is there a way to disable it? or in general, check certain options in a scenario game just like in a normal game?

Apparently Carter has stopped veiwing his own thread, Carter you have a lot of questions about your map that need to be answered. Alos I have found that certain civs in the game always end up on top, the Khelmer, Malanese, Zara Yacob's people, and the Koreans, plus the Native American empire expands superfast, they have 5 cites by the time everyone else has 2. I don't know if anyone else is encountering these problems (seeing as how it would depend on what civ you play as) but i think carter should look into them.

P.S. he should also answer my previous question about multiplayer.

Great job. I've been waiting for this for sooo long, I even tried to make it myself (epic fail:(). But thanks heaps for this pile of awesomeness!

The possibility is to change the .dll controlling number of civs...

Actully the .dll is only compatible with BTS 3.13

We should find a dll compatible with 3.17

Should be nice if we can have the 34 Civs of Vanilla BTS 3.17

sorry i have no skills into modding or manipulating harshly files...
;)

Top Bottom