Earth 192x120

Well, now I make 32civ Carter's map (32civs+8empty slots) with 40civ CvGameCoreDLL.dll I haven't problem.. it's OK, but I don't know why Carter have a set wrong starting positions in 32civ version map.. 18 and 24civ versions is OK, but 32civs not.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7071 in 32civs versions have all civs "StartingY=16"

here is my non-mod 32civs map, but with wrong respawns... grrrrr i must sometime repair it. :sad:

Attachments

• CarterEarth(32BtS)non-mod.zip
    101.6 KB · Views: 509
So after wasting half an hour trying to play this mod I noticed that it's for 3.13. Is there no way to play it on 3.19? Is the mod dead?

No, it's not. The map is usable, you just have to tweak it to make it compatible. I'm using it right now for a scenario that I'm making. I remember having a pain to fix it though.

So I sadly found out at the last second that this map/mod is incompatible 3.19 and noticed other people have too from over a year ago. I don't know if anyone would be willing to help but how can I make this work for 3.19?Shame theirs no advanced warning in the download database.

Does anyone else has encountered a problem that the game run just until 1000 AD?
At one point it just starts to count down turns until the end, and it finishes at 1000 ad. I can play after that, but no additional score is added...
Thanks!

Open the file with a text editor. Near the top of the file, locate for example:
Code:
MaxTurns=1200
and change as you wish.
Save, done.

Open the file with a text editor. Near the top of the file, locate for example:
Code:
MaxTurns=1200
and change as you wish.
Save, done.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Do I have to start a new game, or I can modify existing savegame?

Unfortunately it will only affect future games. That kind of stuff is then transferred to the regular save of the game, which is a more complex save that does retain things of its own like the MaxTurns initially set up.

Sorry for asking again, but i used non-mod version of this map, that was in post 276, and I opened it in notepad, but there are no maxturns, or turns at all...this is the closest:

Spoiler :
BeginMap
grid width=192
grid height=120
top latitude=90
bottom latitude=-66
wrap X=1
wrap Y=0
world size=WORLDSIZE_HUGE
climate=CLIMATE_TEMPERATE
sealevel=SEALEVEL_MEDIUM
num plots written=23040
num signs written=0
Randomize Resources=false
EndMap

Wow... that is weird...

Still it's the same principle and you can insert after 'BeginGame' the
Code:
MaxTurns=2450
or anything like

Code:
BeginGame
	Era=ERA_ANCIENT
	Speed=GAMESPEED_ISANTIQUE
	Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
	Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_DIPLOMACY
	Victory=VICTORY_TIME
	Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
	Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
	Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
	Victory=VICTORY_MASTERY
	GameTurn=1600
	MaxTurns=2450
	MaxCityElimination=0
	NumAdvancedStartPoints=0
	TargetScore=0
	StartYear=-9000
	Description=Hannibal Vs. Julius Caesar
	ModPath=
EndGame

Edit: it's really up to you...

Found it...sort of.

I used the original MOD big file and open wb save and found this:
Spoiler :
BeginGame
Era=ERA_ANCIENT
Speed=GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Option=GAMEOPTION_FLIPPING_AFTER_CONQUEST
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_PICK_RELIGION
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
Victory=VICTORY_SPACE_RACE
GameTurn=0
MaxTurns=1200
MaxCityElimination=0
NumAdvancedStartPoints=0
TargetScore=0
StartYear=-4000
Description=A massive map of our planet with 18 civs. For CivIV BtS. CarterMods@Yahoo.com
ModPath=
EndGame

But at the regular scenario map (non mod), this is the only what I found with begin and endgame:
Spoiler :
BeginGame
Tutorial=0
EndGame

It looks like only the modded map can be played to the end on Marathon, while the same map (scenario type, from post 276) can be played only un to the 1000AD, on Marathon.

Or should I put MaxTurns=1200 after the BeginGame?
1200 turns is for Marathon?

I aks because that scenario map plays much faster than modded map, but they are same size.
thanks!

Why don't you use your own input?

Play with those things...!...

Yeah, I learned a lot. Will try it. But I will not see the reulsts of my changes until I get near 1000ad :)
It is just disappointing to play this great map for a few days, just to be stopped at 1000AD. Thanks for the help!

Hmm ... Checked now and Marathon BtS is 1500 turns...

1200 turns should bring you to year 2001.

I'm sorry but yesterday I was not in a very sober state... :mischief:

Ok so this is a long shot considering the last time anyone was active in this thread was 2014, but I'm trying to play this with K-mod and unfortunately they both need CvGameCoreDLL.dll, so I've been trying to learn how to mess with that. So I have a couple questions:

- Does anyone know where to find the source code for it? Whether someone posted it on the forums somewhere or if it's somewhere in the files after downloading the mod or whatever.
- What in the mod is that particular part needed for? Is it just for the additional civs, or is it also needed for the larger map size and/or odyssey speed? If it's only the civs I could possibly just edit the K-mod code to have more civs.

The .dll in the map mod very likely only changes the civ limit to 32. I'm not sure if K-mod keeps the 18 civ limit or increases it, but you only need to change the number of civs in the map to whatever that limit is.

Anyone still playing this Earth map?

I have changed it to a WBS file to play as a custom scenario in Legends of Revolution(LoR), but it will need a lot more tweaking to improve playability.

The map itself is trying to be too realistic, with way too many islands, which I will remove. I will also change the resources, starting locations, civs and leaders, etc..

Mountains next to America starting position(Washington) is not good. A few other things too.

Top Bottom