Earth Map (180x87)

i dunno if its been mentioned, but theres some resources like rice on hills (near japan)... Which are useless since you cant farm hills!?

great map though :)

farmable resources on hills are not useless. they provide a food bonus even if not farmed. they also provide the resource if you build your city on top of them... although, the rice on the hills does look a little weird. another thing that I noticed that hasn't shown up in the game by itself is floodplains on desert hills. other resource anomalies include maritime resources (fishes whales etc.) that are too far away from any shore to be harvested by a city. as far as not being able to play the game into the late eras... you know, you should still play the map anyways. I still find it enjoyable to play up until the 1600s, and then save the game and start again as a new civ. Winning is overrated.

Otterbear said:
Hey, Thanks Interwurm! It works! :hatsoff: It also allows you to pick the different leaders in civs that have more than one. :thumbsup: Now to figure out how to let the user choose the civs that they would be playing against like in the regular game that would be optimal...and a true map and not a scenario. Incedently can you save this as just a map? Obviously maps can be made for this game as a small (very) selection comes with the game.

Ok I may have spoke too soon, Although you do start in different areas than the orriginal map..it seems to just have rearanged the starting points of the different players...for example Washington now starts in Siberia (everytime) So...I guess we'll keep working at it...Cant wait till they get this game working...I havent even tried to finish a full game on this map and I have a killer system...Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radon 9800 Pro, and plenty of disk space...still slows down and crashes/reboots/hangs/graphic corruption...ectra...and I have to latest patch...sheesh!:(

Otterbear said:
Hey, Thanks Interwurm! It works! :hatsoff: It also allows you to pick the different leaders in civs that have more than one. :thumbsup: Now to figure out how to let the user choose the civs that they would be playing against like in the regular game that would be optimal...and a true map and not a scenario. Incedently can you save this as just a map? Obviously maps can be made for this game as a small (very) selection comes with the game.

Ok I may have spoke too soon, Although you do start in different areas than the orriginal map..it seems to just have rearanged the starting points of the different players...for example Washington now starts in Siberia (everytime) So...I guess we'll keep working at it...Cant wait till they get this game working...I havent even tried to finish a full game on this map and I have a killer system...Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radon 9800 Pro, and plenty of disk space...still slows down and crashes/reboots/hangs/graphic corruption...ectra...and I have to latest patch...sheesh!:(

Sorry for my absence all. I've been busy with other things and haven't even had a chance to play at all :(

Anyway, I will take all the comments here and update the map as necessary, releasing a new version sometime in the next week or so (maybe even sooner).

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Few suggestions for England which I just played half a game as.

There are no strategic resources on england except for stone for the early game. There should be copper or horses or something... it really sucks having only longbowmen until you can swindle someone into giving you iron or horses or something lol.

The whole of europe is grassland, there is no plains at all almost. Seems odd to me, I know you want it more fertile, but its very hard to get any production at some places And PLEASE put a tile of hill somewhere on Ireland, that was a pain in the arse.

Great start to the map though! Ill definatly try it again in a couple versions.

Sniff, my comp blue screens on this map alone. I guess its the size, though my comp is fairly new. Have 1 gig of ram.

Very nice map. I changed the American leader to Roosevelt, since his traits are a little better.

Also reduced the deserts in the eastern hemisphere a little, and took out some mountains (mountains are useless in this game).

For a really interesting game, put another dozen barbarian cities in North America and play at deity level. Give yourself one horse archer if you feel faint-hearted.

Thanks for the map, Aeric67. Good job!

I haven't downloaded or played this one yet but I look forward to it. My question is that I am looking for a map exactly like this that I can use in playing a "Custom Game." I noticed that under "Scenarios" there is an Earth map but when I go into "Custom Game" there is no choice for Earth. That is what I want. Is there a way I can extract just the map so I can do this?

aronk76 said:
I haven't downloaded or played this one yet but I look forward to it. My question is that I am looking for a map exactly like this that I can use in playing a "Custom Game." I noticed that under "Scenarios" there is an Earth map but when I go into "Custom Game" there is no choice for Earth. That is what I want. Is there a way I can extract just the map so I can do this?

I'd be really interested to know if this can be done as well. Great map, best one I've played so far!

One thing I recommend not doing :sad: :

To see what the game would progress like with just the Mayans and the Incans in the Americas, I went into the World Builder and did two things:

a) Wiped out the Americans
b) Added other Indian tribes as Barbarian cities in places in the U.S. close to where they actually were, thinking it would add realism.

I went back to playing my game as Montezuma, and around 2000 BC the barbarians sent a group of six warriors and 4 archers straight toward my capital. I killed them all, only for the same thing to happen four turns later :eek:

Aeric, how did you go about creating this magnificent map? I've found it very useful, and it's very well balanced, but in my mod, I've added three Civs (Hungary, Poland, Austria), But I'd have to create my own map in order to use these Civs.

Any suggestions? From anyone?

Finally upgraded/patched my PC enough to play this Mod!

Aeric67, this map is awesome!

Could never play the English before, now I can, and as the Americans it's real fun too. About to delve into being a European Power now there's enough space to make it fun. Whole new dimension to the game - Cheers!

Top Bottom