Easy Starters

What trait is most useful in early game?

• Aggressive

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Creative

Votes: 143 56.7%
  • Expansive

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Financial

Votes: 23 9.1%
  • Industrious

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Organized

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Philosophical

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Imperialistic

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Protective

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charismatic

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
In terms of basic city setup (border pop + monument + tile improvements), Expansive saves more hammers: 30 (granary) + a few per worker vs. 30 for monument. But Creative still wins (IMO) since you get the full BFC almost straight away, and it lets you wrangle tiles away from other civs with minimal effort.

That said, for an easy start I prefer Inca over either of these traits.

Inca UB is also pretty good.

Both UU and UB. Terrace saves 30 :hammers: on granary + culture, just like Creative or Expansive. Quechua does away with barb archers at minimal cost if there's too much land to spawnbust. And of course there's the rush option :)

Inca is a Civ for complete noobs.
It has everything & lacks nothing)

Old poll but I voted for creative. Nothing beats those early border pops although a financial coastal start with 3 commerce sea tiles can be a strong boost.

Starting techs I always prefer the food ones, agriculture and fishing because that usually lets you research commerce or military techs right away. Hunting is next as that early mobile scout can be invaluable to scoping land out and popping goody huts. Thw wheel is great for the early economy although it does limit immediate use, yet Pottery from the beginning in a floodplains start is always nice. Mining is powerful but I find food always more important. Mysticism is always a wildcard that tempts you with an early religion, nail it at even high levels and it's a BIG bonus early on.

As far as the Incans, an overpowered early civ.

Top Bottom