editing: divided souls off :sad:

dan14444

Chieftain
Played as Sidar, I got Ghosts and lost ability to build Divided Souls...
Help please: what exactly should I edit to be able keep building the Divided?

Ghosts are Asassins, not Rangers. Sure they can't cast the Sever. But these bastards made my Divided obsolete!

I really think that Divided Soul should be changed from a UU to a Sidar-only, recon-only promotion. Making a promotion a prereq for their spell would let all the upgrades use it too. It is thematically correct for Assassins and Shadows, but could be fun for Rangers and Beastmasters too.

I agree, but in weanwhile how can I keep the Divided from been obsolete? What file and in what form has this flag?

I agree, but in weanwhile how can I keep the Divided from been obsolete? What file and in what form has this flag?

You have to make it be able to upgrade to an unobtainable unit, I think. Something enabled with the Never tech.

Couldnt you just use the <bNeverObsolete> that I'm pretty sure FfH has?

In what file I should place this <bNeverObsolete>? I never edited civ4, please be specific.

I really think that Divided Soul should be changed from a UU to a Sidar-only, recon-only promotion. Making a promotion a prereq for their spell would let all the upgrades use it too. It is thematically correct for Assassins and Shadows, but could be fun for Rangers and Beastmasters too.

yes. yes yes yes yes yes yes.

I agree with this.

wait a minute, what patch are you playing. I was playing patch T, and I could build both Divided souls and ghosts. I thought they had changed it to make DS always buildable, (as they should be).

"s", and "t" breaks saves... also description for "t" say nothing about the Divided...

thirded [10 chars]

strange thing: if there is no hunting lodge - the grayed icon for the Divided is present in a sity menu; but after the lodge is build - it dissapears...

also I tryed to add <bNeverObsolete>1<bNeverObsolete> line to civ4unitinfos.xml but only got crashes...

Why not give the promotion to all sidar recon for free and if it's too much for scouts, remove it from them?

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of removing the UU and making it a promotion that must be purchased (limiting it to the Sidar would then mean using the FF dll/schema) rather than a promotion only available through the UU.

I'd also consider having it be a promotion granted onMove by a Sidar UB, but then other civs could get it though open borders. It could still easily be a free promotion available to recon units built in a city with a Sidar UB.

What about as a civ trait?

That is also possible, if you want every recon unit from the beginning to have the promotion. It seems to me like a skill that would require more advanced study, so I'd prefer it have some prereqs.

@Dan14444: In unitinfos, do a search for <bNeverObsolete>, and jsut change the 0 to a 1 or visa-versa (I can never remember which one means on and which one means off). Should work.

Top Bottom