Editting Sprawling

First

Chieftain
I like playing as the Kuriotates and I find five to be the perfect number of cities for them. Problem is I prefer playing on large maps rather than huge, so the max number of cities can only be 4. I jumped into the XML and edited sprawling from 3 to 4 (I assumed 3 was just the default used and would increase on map size). In game this seemed to have worked as I was on a large map and my Sprawling trait said I had five max cities. Problem is when I try to build my fifth, it always comes out as a settlement.

Where do I have to go to change the number of cities allowable per map for Sprawling?

This is just a guesstimate, but have you looked at Civ4WorldInfo.xml? It would seem if the number of cities varies by mapsize, then the modifier would be difined with the rest of the map properties.

I'm thinking <iMaxCitiesMod>2</iMaxCitiesMod>

I think that setting (in WorldInfo) gets added to what's in TraitInfo. So if you have <iMaxCitiesMod> for huge maps (in WorldInfos) at, say, 6 and <iMaxCities> for Sprawling in TraitInfos at, say, 3 then you could build 9 (3+6) cities.

I have this vague feeling that you're better off changing things in WorldInfos than in TraitInfos. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the only valid settings for iMaxCities in TraitInfos are -1, 1, and 3. But I might be remembering that wrong.

I changed max cities number in sprawling trait and it worked correct (but it was a few patches ago, also it must be done before you start new game, when I changed this in game - it didn't work).
Hmm, maybe it`s a good place to ask - is it possible (and how) to change City of 1000 slums for Kuriotates, that it can give them one bonus city?

Top Bottom