Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Bug Report: Buttons for Great People missing... Happened just now with Great Prophet, where I can't spread religion, but also happened to Great Merchant, not allowing me to use on a city-state to get gold+influence...

I don't own BNW, I have G&K, and I don't use any mods that alter the UI, only xml data.

What should I do?

1687382932583.png

I have noticed that, in Spanish, there are certain options or lines that appear with lines like TXT_WORKER_FOCUS and things like that. Is that normal? I made a mistake? Because when I use the files in English I don't have that problem.

I have noticed that, in Spanish, there are certain options or lines that appear with lines like TXT_WORKER_FOCUS and things like that. Is that normal? I made a mistake? Because when I use the files in English I don't have that problem.
I believe it's just because some of the localization files haven't been updated to keep up with the mod. The most you can do is translate them yourself by copying the missing keys between the localization files that you dropped in My Games\Sid Meyer's Civiilization 5\Text and changing the English text to Spanish.

I believe it's just because some of the localization files haven't been updated to keep up with the mod. The most you can do is translate them yourself by copying the missing keys between the localization files that you dropped in My Games\Sid Meyer's Civiilization 5\Text and changing the English text to Spanish.
I think I'm going to have to do that eventually. Thanks for the reply.

I would like to install the EUI on linux, but try as I may, it won't work.
I am late to the game, so i thought it would be fixed and easy. I have the latest version of Civ v5 running Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy. No MODS.
The EUI is v29i. The latest one.

I have tried 3 different ways to get this to work, I am sure I am following the instructions correctly, but it doesn't load the EUI. Every time I deleted the cache and removed folders from previous attempts.

I downloaded python2 (python3 is the new default) and ran the script, after clearing the cache and removed any previous ui_bc1 folder. I moved the txt files as required. It didnt work.

I also took note of this comment;

# NOTE: Use of this script is deprecated, instead I recommend you use
#
# $ unzip -LL eui_v1_20.zip -d "$HOME/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/steamassets/assets/dlc"
#
# to make use of the unzip command's built-in conversion to lowercase filenames

tried the above and it unzips everything, puts the ui_bc1 folder in the correct location, and it still doesnt work.

Anyone have a similar config and could explain what I need to do? Any ideas? Is there a pre-step I am missing (I notice I can not run mods, the game won't launch.. but I gather there are steps to remedy this). I am new to linux as well as civ 5, which I am sure doesn't help.

wow. I have it. For some reason there are 2 identical paths in the linux folder structure ... SteamApps and steamapps. (perhaps the former was created by a faulty install path??)
If the lowercase folder is selected then the install works. I haven't played yet, but loads ok, and looks better already.
so the path given in the install instructions is incorrect...
unzip -LL filename.zip -d "$HOME/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/steamassets/assets/dlc"
the correct path is:
unzip -LL filename.zip -d "$HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/steamassets/assets/dlc"

follow all other instructions as provided (clear cache and copy text files)

I think both PC and Mac versions use the SteamApps folder.. only linux needs the lowercase

Last edited:
so the path given in the install instructions is incorrect...
unzip -LL filename.zip -d "$HOME/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/steamassets/assets/dlc"
Which instructions were you using? I checked the ones in the mod's overview and in the "Readme.txt" included in the zip archive, but both have it in lower case

The readme included in the latest zip file has the correct lower case path, as you say. I came at this from the wrong direction and tried to run the script in linux that has been published elsewhere, which had the upper case error. When this didnt work I tried the unzip -LL option, which also had the incorrect upper case. If I had started from the readme in the zip file It would have installed smoothly.

First, thanks for the EUI, can not imagine playing without it

i have got new computer and after instalation of the latest EUI version a realised there are many new features.

f.e. Unit Strike range prediction,
I would like to disable it , i found the checkbox , but no matter if the checkbox is on or off , the feature is on.
Game restart does not help.

Here is my problem info:
  1. Bug/Problem: Unit Strike range prediction cant be disabled
  2. Game version: latest Steam Installed, Civ V
  3. DLC: Gods and Kings and Brave New World, a lot of mods , but only EUI is messing with UI
  4. PC or Mac: Win11
Archer is selected bellow the interface options, strike range is not checked, but you can see the red line indicating the strike range.
1695970753177.png

First, thanks for the EUI, can not imagine playing without it

i have got new computer and after instalation of the latest EUI version a realised there are many new features.

f.e. Unit Strike range prediction,
I would like to disable it , i found the checkbox , but no matter if the checkbox is on or off , the feature is on.
Game restart does not help.
Honestly, first thing I'd recommend (to anyone, really) is to get previous version, 1.29h, of the mod instead of the latest. In my experience it's pretty stable, while the new version seems to have some issues judging by the reports in this thread, and the mod is no longer maintained so you might as well go down a single version for better experience.
Having said that, I never actually even tried turning that option off, so maybe the issue persists. If you're willing to go and edit the files yourself, find "Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\InGame\InGame.lua", inside of it search for the "if g_showUnitPredictiveStrikeRange or UI.AltKeyDown() then" line, and replace everything between "if" and "then" with "false" - this should unconditionally disable the drawing of the predicted attack range (though if the issue is caused by something different, e.g. the attack range border not being cleared after giving the unit a move or ranged attack command, a different edit might be neccesary - this only affects the attack range display when unit is merely selected).

Also, I just gotta add one thing - it's a very bold assumption to make that mods don't mess with something, even if they shouldn't, doesn't mean they don't ;)

Honestly, first thing I'd recommend (to anyone, really) is to get previous version, 1.29h, of the mod instead of the latest. In my experience it's pretty stable, while the new version seems to have some issues judging by the reports in this thread, and the mod is no longer maintained so you might as well go down a single version for better experience.

Hm. It's just me, or older versions of EUI are hard to find?

Florence is bugged - when you open it's panel (including the moment of the first meeting) game crashes.

Can be fixed by turning off city-state leader icons.

Maybe anybody knows better solution? City state leaders are fun...

Hm. It's just me, or older versions of EUI are hard to find?
It might not be incredibly obvious, but they are right here under the "History" tab at the top (4 versions starting with 1.28g, which is old enough (2016) that I doubt going back any further would be desirable)

Can Religions simply use the color of their civilizations? This way, you won't have two reds next to one another.

I try to use it with Community Patch 4.2.7, i did what it's says on the readme file but it's still crushes on almost everything

How do I get the main menu to be a slideshow of the wonder art like I see with YouTubers who are using EUI.

How do I get the main menu to be a slideshow of the wonder art like I see with YouTubers who are using EUI.
I think clicking on the menu's background triggers it, though I'm not entirely certain, because every time it happened I did it accidentally

Appreciate it man that was exactly it

Top Bottom