Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hey guys.

I have been using EUI for many many years, and I just built a new rig, dismantled the old one, and reinstalled all my games and mods and everything.

I see EUI has undergone quite a many changes since whatever version I installed way back in the day, and a lot of things have moved, like the "buy tile" function in cities. Can you explain to me where the "add to spaceship" button is here? Because I cannot find it.

The only mod I am using is Acken's Mod, and with the newest version of EUI it appears to not be anywhere that I can find. Thank you!
SS part.jpg

Hey guys.

I have been using EUI for many many years, and I just built a new rig, dismantled the old one, and reinstalled all my games and mods and everything.

I see EUI has undergone quite a many changes since whatever version I installed way back in the day, and a lot of things have moved, like the "buy tile" function in cities. Can you explain to me where the "add to spaceship" button is here? Because I cannot find it.

The only mod I am using is Acken's Mod, and with the newest version of EUI it appears to not be anywhere that I can find. Thank you!
I don't think it's an EUI issue. Seems like the common reasons for that to happen are either that you've accidentally retired and then pressed "One more turn", presumably without noticing (in which case the "Retire" button should be grayed out in the menu now), someone already achieved a victory of any type, or scientific victory is disabled (the latter two should be possible to check in the victory progress in-game screen)

I don't think it's an EUI issue. Seems like the common reasons for that to happen are either that you've accidentally retired and then pressed "One more turn", presumably without noticing (in which case the "Retire" button should be grayed out in the menu now), someone already achieved a victory of any type, or scientific victory is disabled (the latter two should be possible to check in the victory progress in-game screen)

Interesting. Retire button is greyed out, i can't imagine how that would have happened.

Well, that solves that then, I guess on to another game!

My archer can not capture a CS worker, every time it switches to range attack mode and shoots it. I have tried holding the M key down, tried everything and still it switches to range attack. This does not happen without the EUI. Is there a setting I can change or is this a bug? Happened in 2 games now, so not an isolated problem. This is not operator error :lol: i can usually capture workers with archers.

My archer can not capture a CS worker, every time it switches to range attack mode and shoots it. I have tried holding the M key down, tried everything and still it switches to range attack. This does not happen without the EUI. Is there a setting I can change or is this a bug? Happened in 2 games now, so not an isolated problem. This is not operator error :lol: i can usually capture workers with archers.
Not sure what's up, but at the very least "holding the M key down" doesn't sound right, you're supposed to press and release it, which turns on a "movement mode" where until you exit that mode, your left clicks (at least I think it's left click and not right? Never had to actually think about it until now; edit: definitely left click, because the whole point of that mode is to be used on tablets that only have a "tap" and no mouse buttons) move the unit. If you're holding it down, that might be the root of the issue

Last edited:
Not sure what's up, but at the very least "holding the M key down" doesn't sound right, you're supposed to press and release it, which turns on a "movement mode" where until you exit that mode, your left clicks (at least I think it's left click and not right? Never had to actually think about it until now; edit: definitely left click, because the whole point of that mode is to be used on tablets that only have a "tap" and no mouse buttons) move the unit. If you're holding it down, that might be the root of the issue
I tried all the normal ways before trying to hold the M key down. If you press the M key it shows you the route you wish to go and how many turns it will take to get there, but hover over a worker and the range attack menu pops up. I have tried everything. I dont have any issues with the EUI switched off.

I can not say for sure, but maybe my composite bowman can capture a worker? Maybe its just an archer problem?

I tried all the normal ways before trying to hold the M key down. If you press the M key it shows you the route you wish to go and how many turns it will take to get there, but hover over a worker and the range attack menu pops up. I have tried everything. I dont have any issues with the EUI switched off.

I can not say for sure, but maybe my composite bowman can capture a worker? Maybe its just an archer problem?
I can confirm that I am able to capture workers with both the archer and the composite bowman by using move mode. The attack damage prediction popup does show up when you hover the workers, of course, but they still move rather than attack.

You don't have any other mods, by any chance? Just saying, even if getting rid of EUI resolves the issue, it might be an incompatibility issue, rather than purely an EUI issue.

I do also have to mention (just in case) that I'm running the version 1.29h rather than most recent 1.29i (version history with download links), so there's a chance of a new bug... But I can't imagine I wouldn't hear someone complaining about such an annoying issue even once for the two years it's been out.

Thank you for looking at this. I have no other mods. It happened before and annoyed me so much I uninstalled the EUI, then no issues. But the EUI is worth having so I reloaded and encountered the same issue. I reloaded the turn and saved it, and tried many ways, each time the archer shot at the worker.
Curious.. I have no other mods. I am running on linux and its too much work, even if possible, to get other mods running. Could mine be an issue only in linux? I will try and capture workers with other bowmen when I get the opportunity.
I do get crashes while running the EUI which I never experienced without it.
I am running 1.29i.
I will persist, the screen info is worth the hassle (I think).

I just tried to capture a worker with a comp bow and there was no problem, worked ok.
Hmm, odd that it would be inconsistent... I was starting to think that it might be some OS-related issue with the way the user input is handled by the mod, since I'm playing under Windows rather than Linux, but I guess that just went out of the window. At this point it seems like a total crapshoot.

By the way, I believe for me the crashes went away when I turned off "City States Leader Icons" in the game's "Interface" options after noticing that meeting a city state can cause a crash (often while processing other players' turns due to the CS meeting you)

By the way, I believe for me the crashes went away when I turned off "City States Leader Icons" in the game's "Interface" options after noticing that meeting a city state can cause a crash (often while processing other players' turns due to the CS meeting you)

Excellent, thanks, I haven't had a crash since I switched this off. I am also capturing workers with units above Archer level, will be curious to see what happens in the future.

Excellent, thanks, I haven't had a crash since I switched this off. I am also capturing workers with units above Archer level, will be curious to see what happens in the future.
Do archers still not work, or have you simply not had the chance to capture anything with an archer since?

Do archers still not work, or have you simply not had the chance to capture anything with an archer since?
not had a chance to test Archers yet, next game maybe .. I will post the results either way sometime in the future, don't hold your breath :lol: i don't play so frequently these days and games take me a while to play over many days. Not having the system crash is a big step, as it is a much better playing experience with the EUI.

Hey, I've just started using EUI and I'm running into a bunch of missing strings. It seems like it should be a mod incompatibility but unless I'm blind all the mods I'm using are listed as compatible. "/My Games/Civ 5/Text" folder is empty.

Sin título.png

I believe I saw some other variations but the two shown in the screenshot are the most common and show up on every single building and unit.

My modlist is:
City Limits v. 7
Communitas Map v. 1
Diplomacy Values (BNW) v. 4
InfoAddict v. 22
Krakatoa Fix v. 100
R.E.D. Modpack v. 27
Really Advanced Setup v. 15
Reforestation v. 9

Game version is 1.0.3.279
DLC: Genghis Khan's Mongolia

Hey, I've just started using EUI and I'm running into a bunch of missing strings. It seems like it should be a mod incompatibility but unless I'm blind all the mods I'm using are listed as compatible. "/My Games/Civ 5/Text" folder is empty.

View attachment 686746

I believe I saw some other variations but the two shown in the screenshot are the most common and show up on every single building and unit.

My modlist is:
City Limits v. 7
Communitas Map v. 1
Diplomacy Values (BNW) v. 4
InfoAddict v. 22
Krakatoa Fix v. 100
R.E.D. Modpack v. 27
Really Advanced Setup v. 15
Reforestation v. 9

Game version is 1.0.3.279
DLC: Genghis Khan's Mongolia
Check the installation guide - I believe you need to copy a bunch of XML files to that Text folder you mentioned.

Check the installation guide - I believe you need to copy a bunch of XML files to that Text folder you mentioned.
Thank you! Clearly I *am* blind!

Edit: still getting some missing strings, and for some reason the text string for doing a trade mission was replaced by the text string for creating a golden age, so when you hover over the trade mission icon it says you'll create a golden age. (I didn't get a screenshot for this one.)

Sin título.png

Last edited:
Thank you! Clearly I *am* blind!

Edit: still getting some missing strings, and for some reason the text string for doing a trade mission was replaced by the text string for creating a golden age, so when you hover over the trade mission icon it says you'll create a golden age. (I didn't get a screenshot for this one.)

View attachment 686787
The "VP" part of the missing text key implies it's Vox Populi-related (one of the biggest gameplay mods out there), and I believe Vox Populi requires it's own version of EUI, or, at the very least, some modifications to the mod. Can't really comment on that further as I have no personal experience with VP, though.

Edit: nevermind, has nothing to do with Vox Populi

Last edited:
I think in this cas
The "VP" part of the missing text key implies it's Vox Populi-related (one of the biggest gameplay mods out there), and I believe Vox Populi requires it's own version of EUI, or, at the very least, some modifications to the mod. Can't really comment on that further as I have no personal experience with VP, though.
I think in this case VP refers to Victory Progress. Also, from the description of Eiffel I think this is Vanilla. Not sure why its not working though.

I think in this case VP refers to Victory Progress. Also, from the description of Eiffel I think this is Vanilla. Not sure why its not working though.
Oh yeah, you're right. Jumped the gun a bit here since EUI text keys start with "TXT_KEY_EUI...", so I assumed it it wasn't EUI-related.

After checking it out, seems like it's a EUI bug when playing vanilla or G&K; it's trying to reuse localized text from Brave New World ("TXT_KEY_VP_POLICIES" from "Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Text\[locale_name]\CIV5GameTextInfos_InGameScreens_Expansion2.xml"), but obviously that only works in Brave New World and fails in vanilla (since vanilla has no reason to load localization files from expansions)

I was inaccurate with my statement that the trade mission text was swapped with start golden age text: what actually seems to be happening is that it copies the previously seen text string.

Sin título.png
Sin título1.png

In the above cases, if I hover "start a golden age" then move to insta tech icon, tech icon will show golden age text. If I hover manufactory then swap to scientist and hover tech, it will show manufactory. The same applies in any combination.

Sin título2.png
Sin título0.png

Top Bottom