Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi)

Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi (v 4)

Ok, thank you. I will try to do smth when I have time. I understand you completely. I'm doing MUCfVP updates and now did PO and MUCfVP-EE update to fit 9-6. Then I noticed in tables such nuances.

@pineappledan @Asterix Rage did update recently. There's small change to Arsenal from +10def to +15def. We have +20def for Barbican. Do you think it should be changed/increased too?

Dunno. I don't play EE.

Doesn't EE slightly reduce the defense from ALL buildings though? (ie. I think EE slightly reduces walls, castles, arsenals and military bases, so that the added bastion won't increase the total defense of all cities)

If that's the case, then all 4UC defense buildings (barbican, Qila, Schutzenstand, Lamassu) need to be changed.

Another way to go about rebalancing this would be to scale up Units to match the inclusion of the Bastion. This would require a recalculation of all Units starting in Enlightenment Era. EE Units should feel less shoe-horned in to match being between Renaissance and Industrial Units.

I updated Units file. Only ObsoleteTech, PrereqTech, GoodyHutUpgrade - that was my focus. It's difficult if you try to do it on someone's else mod.
Spoiler Fixes :

• UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_BALLISTICS' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_AUSTRIAN_HUSSAR';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_BALLISTICS' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_INDIAN_WARELEPHANT';
  • UPDATE Units Set PrereqTech = 'TECH_ASTRONOMY' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_DUTCH_SEA_BEGGAR';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_INDUSTRIALIZATION' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_PORTUGUESE_NAU';
  • UPDATE Units Set GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_EE_UHLAN' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_POLISH_WINGED_HUSSAR';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_EE_FLINTLOCK' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_EE_FLINTLOCK' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_JAPANESE_SAMURAI';
  • UPDATE Units Set GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_2HANDER' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER';
  • UPDATE Units Set GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_2HANDER' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_JAPANESE_SAMURAI';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_DYNAMITE' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_OTTOMAN_JANISSARY';
  • UPDATE Units Set GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_EE_SKIRMISHER' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_OTTOMAN_JANISSARY';
  • UPDATE Units Set GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_EE_LINE_INFANTRY' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_FRENCH_MUSKETEER';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_RIFLING' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_FRENCH_MUSKETEER';
  • UPDATE Units Set ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_RIFLING' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_ZULU_IMPI';

Download uploaded files and paste them into base mod from @Infixo. Files contain all @Asterix Rage's changes + mine on top of it.

It would be great loss if this mod fall outdated.

Attachments

• EEVP_Units.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 219
  • EEVP_Buildings.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 164
Hey there,

I wonder if anybody can help me with getting this mod to work as I just can't get it working at all.

The only mods I have active is the latest (9-25-5) version of Vox pop and the enlightenment mod but when I start any civ that I choose begins with line infantry (!), has just finished researching forts (!) and will not let me begin any other research. The mod is in the C: drive \ users \ my name \ my games \ civ 5 \ mods which is where I believe all mods have to go

The version I downloaded is 1.1 from page one of this thread. Am I doing not doing something simple? I have attached a screen grab of what every start looks like. Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

Thanks for the reply Asterix. Attached is the log folder for when I tried to start a game only with Vox Pop and the Enlightenment mod.

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• enlightenment.7z
    22.9 KB · Views: 72
@mattwakeman Did you patch it with (I suppose) latest patch I posted here? Try it and tell us if it helped. You need to download base mod and paste those 2 files inside the folder and substitute original ones. We adapted VPEE with @Asterix Rage to some latest VP changes and fixed few errors that occured during playtesting during absence of @Infixo.

Hey adan, I hadn't actually patched it - just done so and made no difference. Loaded it up and it started up as it did before, with a Line Infantry etc etc. Thanks for the suggestion though, I wonder if it has anything to do with running the very latest Vox Pop mod? I wish I could provide more info than the logs.

Thanks for the help anyway.

I just loaded the same mods (VP 9-25-3 + VPEE 1.1 patched) and my db.logs are clean. Your contain some strange errors. @mattwakeman can you install VP 6a version instead of 6c and check again? I have such version installed.

Have done, same issue as before. Log files attached. What 'strange errors' do I have and are they install related? Trying to think how my setup is so different to create these problems. I am running Civ V from E: rather than C:, would that make a difference? (Clutching at straws here as you can see!)

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• enlightenment logs vp 6a.7z
    22.9 KB · Views: 95
I don't think so. Your errors are:
Code:
[42715.101] table Eras has no column named WarmongerPercent
[42716.646] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[42716.661] Invalid Reference on Buildings.MaxStartEra - "ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT" does not exist in Eras
[42716.661] Invalid Reference on Buildings.MaxStartEra - "ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT" does not exist in Eras
[42717.051] Invalid Reference on Building_ResourceYieldChanges.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_BISON" does not exist in Resources
[42717.051] Invalid Reference on Building_ResourceYieldChanges.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_COCOA" does not exist in Resources
[42717.051] Invalid Reference on Building_ResourceYieldChanges.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_COCOA" does not exist in Resources
[42717.051] Invalid Reference on Building_ResourceYieldChanges.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_BISON" does not exist in Resources
[42717.956] Invalid Reference on PolicyBranchTypes.EraPrereq - "ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT" does not exist in Eras
[42717.956] Invalid Reference on PolicyBranchTypes.EraPrereq - "ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT" does not exist in Eras
[42718.284] Invalid Reference on Belief_EraFaithUnitPurchase.EraType - "ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT" does not exist in Eras
[42718.939] Invalid Reference on Improvement_ResourceType_Yields.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_BISON" does not exist in Resources
[42718.939] Invalid Reference on Improvement_ResourceType_Yields.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_BISON" does not exist in Resources
[42718.939] Invalid Reference on Improvement_ResourceType_Yields.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_COCOA" does not exist in Resources
[42719.126] Invalid Reference on Resource_YieldChanges.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_COCOA" does not exist in Resources
[42719.126] Invalid Reference on Resource_YieldChanges.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_COCOA" does not exist in Resources
[42719.454] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(PolicyType).
[42719.454] no such table: PolicyTypes
I don't know why. It looks like something from EE do not load properly because it did not see enlightement era. Do you set era start different than Ancient?

Nope, the only thing I have done to test this mod is to fired up Civ, check all the mods and then launch a game. So I have the default game settings. I just had another look to make sure and according to the settings I am definitely starting in the Ancient era.

Yep, I just checked and game start with EE set in game setup runs well and smooth. The thing happens when you load mods. Maybe @Asterix Rage will help us solve that problem. It's late, 1:30 am, and I'm sorry I could help you more now. Maybe tomorrow I will figure something out.

@mattwakeman
Your database.log shows that "ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT" does not exist in Eras, "RESOURCE_BISON" does not exist in Resources, "RESOURCE_COCOA" does not exist in Resources and "no such table: PolicyTypes".
That's a lot ! Your Civ5 files seem corrupted.
VP 9-25-3 + VPEE 1.1 patched is a very simple mod pack that works for thousands of users included me.
At this point, the only thing i can suggest is to delete and reinstall Civ5, and Mods.

Good luke and enjoy

Last edited:
Red face for me. Thanks very much for both of your attempts to help but do you know what would have been really useful? If I had been playing on version 1.0.3.279 instead of 144.

Sorry for wasting your time and I am now very much looking forward to playing what looks like a really good mod.

:)

Hi All

During the upcoming weekend I will try to reconcile the VP changes from the lat 6 months and release an updated version of VPEE. I would appreciate the help with finding out things that needs changing.

I have reviewed the thread and noted the following comments:
- LightInfantry : 25/38 (was 21/35), FieldGun : 20/35 (was 18/35)
- Adventurer : Drop PROMOTION_BARBARIAN_PENALTY_III, PROMOTION_BARBARIAN_BONUS instead
- Numerous changes to defensive buildings through the latest versions of VP have brought disaster to VP-EE's Bastion, Arsenal, Military Base and Russian Ostrog.
- Conquistador's production and faith cost (Conquistadors cost the same as Knights in VP, and since the mod doesn't change the Conquistadors' function, it shouldn't change the cost either)
- Hussar has GoodyHutUpgrade to WW1Tank instead of Uhlan.

Other topics discussed.
- Unit changes for Minuteman and Nau - I am not doing that. This is related to EE design.
- Techs when units become obsolete (@adan_eslavo) I don't understand the problem here. The tech follows a rule (it is either next era or 2 eras ahead or maybe next era for normal units and 2 eras for uniques, can't remember now) but there is a rule. What kind rule of do you propose to use? Oh, and GoodyHut upgrade is related to that.

I just found few examples where that rule was broken. You will find my changes in file marked with my name as a comment. If I was mistaken then please cut this but I compared table entries and there were inconsistencies. I left old code for you to compare changes. I analyzed tech tree manually to fix this.

The rule is 1 tech for standard and 2 for uniques (they skip one upgrade).

Last edited:
Top Bottom