Enrico speaks real Venetian

Falconiano

Prince
I almost choked laughing.

Knowing Venetian I immediately recognized the slang :D the actor is no less than great.
He correctly uses the grave "e" for words like "tempo" (time) which is typical of Venetians (but also present in Bergamo, Lombardy) and says "shikuro" which is just perfect. :D

Can you post a translation of what he says in this thread. It would be appreciated by many.

Grazie mille :)

I almost choked laughing.

Knowing Venetian I immediately recognized the slang :D the actor is no less than great.
He correctly uses the grave "e" for words like "tempo" (time) which is typical of Venetians (but also present in Bergamo, Lombardy) and says "shikuro" which is just perfect. :D

It's just great that someone actually appreciates that and it tells you a lot about how serious the devs were when creating the game.

Can you post a translation of what he says in this thread. It would be appreciated by many.

Grazie mille :)

Sicuro! :lol:

It's just great that someone actually appreciates that and it tells you a lot about how serious the devs were when creating the game.

Even Caesar speaks correct latin (albeit a couple sentences aren't really perfect) with proper tones and all.

They indeed do an effort to deliver a quality product. Rare these days.

I myself don't know neither Venetian nor Italian, but I love how this guy old sounds, and the language sounds very pleasant too. Definitely one of my fav voices, leaderheads and leaderscreens.

I like Napoleon and Gustav Adolf myself, because I can actually understand those two despite them speaking in non-English languages! Also Gustav Adolf has an adorable accent and calls me "friend" all the time.

Gajah Mada spoke Old Javanese that even modern Javanese will find difficult to master. I applaud Firaxis research team.

But my favorite is still Harold Bluetooth. The guy's dialogue when declaring war is as if he asked you to go for drink!

I applaud the translators (for the most part).

Spoiler Where the translators got wrong :
Montezuma's intro has "Emperador de las Aztecas," which is Spanish, not Nahuatl and that Attila speaks Chuvash-based gibberish

I actually cringed when Pocatello introduced himself to me as "chiyef." Or is it just my ear fooling me? Because I heard him saying that.

Montezuma's intro has "Emperador de las Aztecas," which is Spanish, not Nahuatl and that Attila speaks Chuvash-based gibberish

Technically, it's a Spanish loan word into contemporary Nahuatl, but it's still a bit glaring.

However, it is technically correct because Nahuatl has a lot of Spanish loan words. If they were trying for a more classical approach to the language, they could've said, "Uey Tlatoani de los Mexica." But even that uses some Spanish loan words.

Anyway, I think the most glaring flaw in the language is how Ramses is speaking Modern Arabic instead of the language descended from ancient Egyptian, Coptic.

I myself don't know neither Venetian nor Italian, but I love how this guy old sounds, and the language sounds very pleasant too. Definitely one of my fav voices, leaderheads and leaderscreens.

His reaction to a DOW is very omnious, it's a fantastic work of voice acting, I'd say a tied first place with Dido for drama.

Gustavus is also great to listen to indeed, but I think mostly because of the beautiful language.

Yeah, I love the dedication. By and large, aside from a few minor things (Napoleon speaks modern French, no Corsican accent to be found), and one glaring example (in Attilla - that Chuvash is terrible) most of the voice actors do a fantastic job. I was especially impressed to hear Austria use proper Viennese German. Does Belgium use German or Belgian French? I haven't run into him much.

Yeah, I love the dedication. By and large, aside from a few minor things (Napoleon speaks modern French, no Corsican accent to be found), and one glaring example (in Attilla - that Chuvash is terrible) most of the voice actors do a fantastic job. I was especially impressed to hear Austria use proper Viennese German. Does Belgium use German or Belgian French? I haven't run into him much.

Belgium uses Brazilian Portuguese in Scramble for Africa; it is a scenario exclusive.

Suleyman speaks modern Turkish, not the Persian- and Arabic-infused Ottoman variety. And it's a really lame piece of voice acting. I turn mute on when I interact with him, it's that bad.

I can agree on the lingual part of the leaders. Their appearances however, are not always entirely accurate.

Being Dutch, hearing William of Orange speak also makes me cringe. He sounds very modern and not at all noble or regal. It makes me think of the kind of voice you hear announce the safety instructions in an aircraft. Anyway, in real life the guy probably spoke French all the time.

Back
Top Bottom