EQNES: Red Alert Revisted

*coughs* well it seems i have once more accidentally slain a good NES. Fortunately i have managed to leech into someone else's connection using wireless and now have full internet capacity. As it usually occurs, while isolated from NES i came up with a great new one. Look for the preview.

Where's the Preview?

just posted it.

if anyone still cares i am updating now.

EQandcivfanatic said:
if anyone still cares i am updating now.

YES!!! you may be spared from the lightning! :D

ALLIES ASSEMBLE NEW COMMANDO FORCES! Thanks to the Finns and British, the new commandos now form an elite force within the Allied armies. The effect this may have on Allied tactics has yet to be seen. In response the Commitern has assembled units of communist elite soldiers, known as Stalin's Hawks, or Hawks for short.

INDUSTRY BOOMS IN SOUTHERN GERMANY! With construction of a Hungarian sponsored Great Factory, the industry of Germany has been growing by leaps and bounds. The influx of refugees and industry has given the German economy this significant jump, now surpassing the United Kingdom.

ME-262 IN PRODUCTION IN MIDDLE EAST! Through covert sources, the Turks and their allies have acquired Stonewall Pact technology, giving them a boost in airpower. Several Allied nations have expressed outrage at this.

STORM FRONT RAGES THROUGH FRANCE AND GERMANY! The continuous front of storms have prevented Allied or Commitern planes from taking flight in support of their forces. Commerical flights from the United States have been occasionally cancelled with the exception of several flights on the 3 clear days.

ALBANIA LIBERATED! the Albanian nation has been liberated from the territory siezed from Italy by Greece and Yugoslavia. Albania has officially joined the Commitern and has already begun contributing troops to the struggle against the Allies.

CROATS CONTINUE RIOTS IN YUGOSLAVIA! As of yet they have lacked support from the populace at large, but to seem to be part of the growing independence movement.

SECOND GREAT WAR

COMMITERN PRESSES INTO AUSTRIA! Soviet, Yugoslav, and Bulgarian forces have begun an offensive into Southern Austria. However the assualt bogged down in rough terrain and weather as the Soviets focused most of their strength in the Oder assualt to the north. Casualties have been heavy against sturdy Allied resistance. Fighting has occured near Vienna still, but the front has remained mostly stable.

Casualty List

Soviets: 56,000 Soviet Infantry, 210 T-34s, 120 YAKs, 35 DB-2s
Yugoslavs: 58,000 Infantry, 100 T-34s, 2,500 Mech Infantry, 50 MiG-9s
Bulgarians: 6,000 Infantry, 50 MiG-9s
Albanians: 1,000 Infantry
Romanians: 21,000 Infantry, 1,000 Mech Infantry, 250 Light Tanks
Hungarians: 24,000 Infantry, 120 Panthers, 140 Sagitarrios
Austrians: 8,000 Infantry, 25 Panthers, 75 Sagitarrios
Morrocans: 11,000 Infantry, 65 Spitfires

SKIRMISHES CONTINUE IN CZECHSLOVAKIA! With the ongoing fighting in the north, the fights in Czechslovakia have been minimal, especially with lack of much air fighting due to inclimate weather. Casualties have been minor, mainly due to the lack of heavy fighting. The front remains relatively stable.

Casualty List

Soviets: 11,000 Soviet Infantry
Portuguese: 2,000 Infantry, 25 Light Tanks
Norwegians: 3,000 Scandinavian Infantry
Czechs: 4,000 Infantry

SOVIETS FORCE ODER CROSSING! As Allied air power was neutralized by the ongoing storms, the Commitern forces attacked on the general German front. In most cases the Allies held with signifcant casualties on both sides. However the Soviets managed one crossing east of Berlin. The bridgehead as of now is minor, but the Soviets channel more and more troops into the front with each passing day.

Casualty List

Soviets: 280,000 Soviet Infantry, 470 T-34s, 140 IS-3s
Germans: 45,000 Infantry, 350 Panthers, 5,000 Mech Infantry
Swedes: 25,000 Scandinavian Infantry
Norwegians: 74,000 Scandinavian Infantry, 190 Light Tanks, 100 Panthers
Danes: 10,000 Scandinavian Infantry

PARIS TAKEN AS COMMUNISTS DRIVEN BACK IN FRANCE! German, Swedish, and Republican French troops have launched a massive counteroffensive against all Commitern forces in France. The German forces have smashed the communist infantry forces in a lightning attack and have all but shattered the remaining organized communist forces, though impressive conscript armies remain. Spainish forces have also been routed but have retreated to defensive locations in the Pyrennes and along the French western coast.

Casualty List

Communist French: 48,000 Infantry, 29,000 Soviet Infantry, 650 T-34s, 40 YAKs
Spainish: 24,000 Infantry, 340 Light Tanks
Republican French: 43,000 Infantry, 200 Light Tanks
Germans: 11,000 Infantry, 4,000 Mech Infantry, 150 Panthers
Swedes: 17,000 Scandinavian Infantry, 90 Panthers

AIR WAR CONTINUES OVER IBERIA! Commitern and British forces continue to fight in the skies of Iberia as the struggle for dominance continues. The overwhelming numbers of British planes have begun to take a toll as the Spainish industry is pounded.

Casualty List

Spainish: 130 MiG-9s
Soviet: 110 YAKs
British: 250 Spitfires, 20 Lancasters

SOVIETS CAPTURE HARBIN IN MANCHURIA! Fighting has raged onward in the Far East, though the Japanese have gained an edge as sheer weight of numbers and carrier based planes have allowed them to gain full control of the skies, which has slowed the Soviet advance significantly. With the fall of Harbin, however, the Japanese position has been severely comprimised and forced a withdrawl out of Vladiostock and it seems they may soon be forced to retreat into Korea.

Casualty List

Soviets: 26,000 Soviet Infantry, 230 T-34s, 200 YAKs, 50 MiG-9s
Japanese: 47,000 Infantry, 480 Light Tanks, 370 Zeroes

WAR AT SEA CALMS! Due to the weather and the growingly rough waves of the Atlantic, most combat at sea has halted, though some occasions of Soviet submarines sinking merchant ships have occured. Casualties at sea have as such been minimal and only consist of several Soviets submarines that were discovered and sunk by Allied destroyers.

Casualty List

Soviets: 3 Submarines

WORLD MAP

Spoiler :

Finland, could you send some troops to Austria please? We've got low income here... All you greats (great powers) are just skirmishing it across France or dancing tap-dance (ie. holding Lol) fairs in Czech. and Oder, we could use some help.

Morocco, Austria, Romania, Hungary only total 9 IC... the rest of you have got tons. We need another 200,000 soldiers in Austria. It would be great if Britain could provide it [ooc] it's not like you are using them for annexing Ireland.

Pretty please with sugar and strawberries on?

We must recapture the Oder! What happened to Grandmaster's plans incase the Oder was taken?

Huhm? I have no idea, I'm just Hungary. We small nations don't talk too much. ^_^ (edit: hmmm, ironic :))

But for my two cents I'd say a crazy-assed charge to push 'em back might just work. Especially if Britain and a certain Nordic nation decides to send a hundred, two-three-hundred thousand soldiers. That or a tactical nuke slightly to the west of the crossing, but that might actually incense local population to an unhealthy degree.

Marshal half a million men (including reinforcements), maybe more and ten thousand Panther tanks (35 IC with what's alreadt there) or load of mobile infantry or just inf., something with a heavy push that's more or less immune to bad weather if it continues for a counter-attack with any additional air support once the storms break. Don't forget the Austrian front, it is neglected.

The Soviet Army is around 2,900,000 Infantry now. They are seriously weakened, their numbers will continue to fall. The only thing that might realistically kill us is a group of nations compromising a healthy IC supporting Russia, inner fractitioning or China sending three million conscripted soldiers if there's a revolution.

Also, I think the time is in for some serious POWER diplomacy on Belgium and the Netherlands. I.e. join us with a contribution of 50% of your standing army and half your net income or die and have your industry stolen? Sound good? :)

I think it does but I'm no tactician, so it's just a rough sketch.

laterz

at this point, i'm merely updating to find out how this story goes. Send orders if you can, as it will lend me some guidance. Update will be tomorrowish.

i.e. we don't need to send detailed orders, just a vague guideline?

That's it, mmkay. Please cancel my Hungarien orders EQ. I'm taking Germany, I do not think Insane Panda is around.

!! The Soviet Union lost more then 400,000 men this update. !!
Does this mean they have only 2,700,000 left EQ? :D This is great!

You need to update the NPC's, we PC's need accurate intel for our guidelines!

Not really, the Soviet Union would be able to replace no more then 60,000 Soviet Infantry per round until this update where it was doubled to 120,000 Soviet Infantry per round but still to our advantage.

The Soviets just lost more then 400,000 of their infantry. It would take three and a half turns of nothing but utter devotion to rebuild their army to reach pre-update levels.

And the Soviet Union has been building planes and training pilots, not to mention research, consctructing nuclear reactors and a Army command Center. Their focus has been elsewhere.

I check their infantry now and then, 3,100,000 last turn. I could proffer up some mathematical proof that it would be impossible for the Soviet Union to be at 3,100,000 Soviet Infantry, but it'd take some digging in the thread.

1) 12 IC = 60,000 Soviet Infantry (now 120,000)
2) Sov. Un. spend IC on building planes (continually shot down), research, maybe some tanks and an Army Command Center.
3) It was 3,100,000 last turn. If they spent ALL their IC on producing Soviet Infantry their numbers would now total 2,800,000 Soviet Infantry.

We are facing a Cold War juggernaut with a Perestroika economy & industry.

A-and she's ripping off on our designs, basing her fiddlestick planes that turn out better then ours only because she didn't have CASH to establish the fundaments in the different fields of militaristic science. That and Russia has got 'scientific' in her civ. description. :)

3,100,000 Soviet Infantry.

In OTL, by the end of WWII they had 11,365,000 soldiers - not sure how many infantry...

Oooh, that's a nice army.
:( *huuum, must have been lots of women in it* Wouldn't that be 10% or more of the Russian population?

Toteone, I am still around. No germany for you. I sent orders for this update. Which is why the german expeditionary group is in Paris right now. As for the oder, that was an unexpected breach, and storms played a large factor in not allowing us to deploy our air superiority.

The problem will be fixed, however.

Also, I think the time is in for some serious POWER diplomacy on Belgium and the Netherlands. I.e. join us with a contribution of 50% of your standing army and half your net income or die and have your industry stolen? Sound good?

Toteone, such diplomacy will not work. If you dont notice, we are fighting a war against the largest power on earth - Soviet Russia. Do you think the lowlands will really take our threats seriously?

Top Bottom