Era Stoppage Found

TheBlueMidNight

Chieftain
First, I wanna say tyvm for the mod.

May I suggest (if we can't already) an era cap option.

I'd love to play a 3000 turn game with 49 other tribes, gigantic map, living in huts, just flinging rocks and sticks at my opponents.

Of course the space race could be defaulted to off if a former era were chosen.

Also, if this option is not available, forum patrons please post any and all ways found to "slow the game down".

tyvm,
blue:thumbsup:

May have found a way.

In - MODS\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4EraInfos.xml

Seems we can edit the cost of techs by era. Example: making the classical era 1000 times more costly than the previous era.

Line: <iResearchPercent>100</iResearchPercent>

I've tried XML once before with mixed results. Gonna try and I'll edit later if it works.

Update. DONT MESS WITH THE XML
I changed one line of code and it stopped loading the mod. Changed it back to the original and still wont...I hate xml

GO into the WB, save as a scenario, then in the main menu go to custom scenario, load the game, choose the new settings and options, and away you go! I do this all the time, I wish there was a feature where the era wouldnt go past x or something

Its really quite simple.

Using the path - beyond the sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\GameInfo -
Choose the Edit option for the -CIV4EraInfos- xml file (don't use an xml editor. I ran into encoding issues. Its just a simple text pad format) .

You will see Era headings like this for each Era.
<EraInfo>
<Type>ERA_CLASSICAL</Type>

Under these headings, you'll see the line.
<iTechCostModifier>0</iTechCostModifier>

You can play with this value and find what you like. I chose 100 and 1000 for my first two tests. 100 in the Classical Era with all ancient techs viva World Builder caused all Classical Era techs to be b/t 100-200 turns.

Cost Mod to 1000, caused them to show 1 turn. Seems because its above 1000 turns and it doesnt display (the tech bar didnt move). :cool:

Also in the line <iResearchPercent>100</iResearchPercent> I assume this is for the AI research percentage per Era (mutiples of 10). Im gonna try for 0% Research in my cutoff Era for a more challenging game.

Blue:thumbsup:

Top Bottom