Esemjay's KFM Converter

these flowcharts where in .tga format, so i moved em right over to jpg and uploaded them too :)

esemjay:

you might want to include these in your beginning post!
To keep the XML files simple, KonFM just assumes that all animations can lead into all other animations; it only makes the KFM files ~1KB larger, but it made the XML more user friendly.

Thanks for that list, though! :D It's referenced in the first post now. I'm glad to see that people actually like KonFM :D

Hi, esemjay ! I noticed that Nifskope can display the kfm when selecting the right parameter in the view menu :

Didn't know if it is usefull to you but thought it is a nice way to bookmark this thread.

And no, it is not possible yet to change things to the kfm window in Nifskope by right clicking (just names by double clicking :confused: ).

Anyway, :goodjob: , Thanks !

Thanks for that list, though! :D It's referenced in the first post now. I'm glad to see that people actually like KonFM :D

You're welcome. And I also featured you in the very next Modcast Episode for the podcasts. I have a whole segment where we talk about your project, so be sure to listen in :)

(maybe we can even get you to come onto the show :D )

You're welcome. And I also featured you in the very next Modcast Episode for the podcasts. I have a whole segment where we talk about your project, so be sure to listen in :)

(maybe we can even get you to come onto the show :D )
If you can get me a date and time, I'll talk to you guys :p

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in that timeframe. I'm going to be unavailable for at least 6-8 weeks, starting in 3 weeks.

These files are now re-uploaded to the database- the Tutorial, Executable, XML and such are now all in one file hosted on the site. The tutorial was previously inaccessible, since it was lost in the hacker attack. I'm sorry for any inconveniences that may have caused.

This is sweet! I tried playing around with using Strike B or C (changing the numbers, too), but the worker just hunches or stands there. I was just curious if it was possible to get the worker to attack with the shovel or axe. I just wanted to know the reason it is the axe in this case, because I wanted to know what else was possible.

It's probably a bit more involved, but could we have them attacking with maces or spears?

Thanks again for the converter!

Thank you, it's been a while since I've done any development on this. I intended to put out a KonverterFM v2 but got caught up in other things. Basically, I was planning on doing a real-time updater that didn't need XML manipulation on the user's part.

I chose the axe animation, because it already looks like an attack animation. The shovel and rake just didn't seem menacing enough. I'm not entirely sure why it resulted in them just standing still- but the hunch is the "skip turn" animation. Adding maces and spears is THEORETICALLY possible, but requires manipulation of the actual .nif files, I believe. I'm 100% sure you COULD add in additional items, but I never figured out how to get them to show up during the animations. I ended up with Navy SEAL's parachuting in with no parachutes.

I realize this thread hasn't been touched in a long time, but it seems to be the only tool there is for KFM modification that I can see soooooo.

I can't run the program. I'm running win7 64bit. I open a kfm with it and get this error.

Am I doing it wrong? Anyone else get this error?

I actually do not support this product anymore. This project was originally developed on Windows XP by reverse engineering the KFM files in a hex editor, and cross-referencing the results between multiple animation files until I had documented (almost) every byte in the file. If memory serves, there was only a small portion of the file that went undocumented. If the 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems require different types of KFM file, then the program will not work. I don't see that being the case, but stranger things have happened.

In any case, it works on my Windows7 32bit O/S.

The error, however, implies that the exception was while disassembling the KFM file. There is literally NO custom code between the "Select KFM file" and KonverterFM. It's Window's select file dialog box. The entire interface, as the user sees it, was a frontend to a C++ version of the program that ran as a command-line tool and was converted to C#; so if you're going to experience an error before Decoding/Encoding, it's going to be a permissions issue (Windows isn't allowing you to open those files)

If, however, it's a program issue in the disassembly process, it either points (again) to a permissions issue, that Windows doesn't know how to operate this program, OR that the file is using a different format from what I designed this tool to read/write. The following steps should remedy all but the last case, and I don't use a 64bit operating system; nor do I have the documentation for KFM files anymore.

Hopefully, the following steps will solve your problem.

If you are working on a copy in your Program Files tree, try copying the file out of your Program Files to a working folder that you "Own" and have admin rights to; that way, if it's a permissions issue, you can do the changes and copy them into the "Game's" folder when you are done editing.

If that does not solve the issue, try running it in 32-bit compatibility mode.

If that still does not solve the issue, try running it in WindowsXP compatibility mode.

If that STILL does not work, try running it in 32-bit Windows XP compatibility mode as an administrator.

The ONLY error-catching this program has is to prevent you from trying to decode a KFM file that does not exist. Other than that, it will encode EXACTLY what you tell it to. If you don't finish your XML file, it won't finish the KFM file; if you have errors in the XML, it'll encode those errors; if you encode a blank XML file, you'll get a "Blank" KFM file.

It wasn't designed for the leaderhead KFM's. It was only tested on units.

Top Bottom